I just got a Blackberry 9900, loving the phone...

But it appears the casing on the left side of the phone is coming apart between the charging port and headset jack. When the phone's backlight is on, you are able to see light being emitted from it.

I took a picture to help describe the issue. Sorry its not a great quality picture.

Just wondering if anyone else come across this problems
    08-26-11 09:51 PM
    I just got a Blackberry 9900, loving the phone...

But it appears the casing on the left side of the phone is coming apart between the charging port and headset jack. When the phone's backlight is on, you are able to see light being emitted from it.

I took a picture to help describe the issue. Sorry its not a great quality picture.

Just wondering if anyone else come across this problems
    Yes, this is an issue. Change it as soon as possible. I had to change my Telus one because of light emitting from the bottom of the phone. Let me guess.... Made in Mexico 4?
    08-26-11 09:59 PM
    I have the same issue with mine. WTF!!! never noticied it until i saw this post. does no one check for these things before they leave the warehouse? I hope RIM is prepared to replace the phone
    08-26-11 10:07 PM
    I have DOA'd the device already and the new one has the exact same issue . Guess another DOA in in order... And yeah, it is a Made in Mexico 4 unit.
    Last edited by Dunnit; 08-26-11 at 10:15 PM.
    08-26-11 10:11 PM
    It's too bad all these defects are happening. I really felt with all the negative press RIM was getting I thought they would have been less sloppy with this device and wouldn't cut any corners.....
    08-26-11 10:15 PM
    took it back to verizon, my software kept going corrupt too. i love the phone but i switched back to att and got the 9810. Ill get it again once at&t releases it. sucks all the bugs on a "flagship" phone
    08-26-11 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD