Above where my trackpad is and a little bit to the right of the trackpad and a little to the left of the trackpad my screen seems to sometimes not respond to my hand gestures, while in the browser works perfectly fine but it seems as if the lower part of the screen doesnt have much sensitivity while scrolling through FB and Twitter.

Could it be that my screens digitizer is messed up?
    could it possibly be the fact that im still on the firmware 261?
    Or did Rim make the screen less sensitive there so that you dont accidentally hit it with your finger when using the trackpad?

If anyone has experienced this or knows if its normal could you please let me know, im pretty sure its normal but i just want to be sure.

Thanks.
    11-29-11 09:41 AM
    Yea is happening to my 9900 too I think they did it for the reason you told but is a big fail coz when I go scroll contacts or anywhere I do 3-4 times till respond!
    11-29-11 12:27 PM
    This is not effecting me at all... But since you posted here, I tried on mine, and yes, I did notice that with OS 7.1, but it has almost no effect on my user experience. In fact, I think it is an improvement.

I use the top part of the screen and two sides of the bottom of the screen for touch inputs than I use the exact middle part.
    11-29-11 12:34 PM
    ...Or did Rim make the screen less sensitive there so that you dont accidentally hit it with your finger when using the trackpad?...
    My 9930 is unresponsive in that area too. My guess is the same as yours
    11-29-11 12:43 PM
    It's intentional - it's not there in earlier builds (I think some of the .2s). I've tried both, and it's actually really frustrating not having the dead spot - you realise how easy it is to scroll the opposite way on the screen by mistake without it.
    11-29-11 01:13 PM
    As long as its not defective then I'm pretty much a happy camper. When I press in those areas it still works perfectly so it must just be there on purpose, I'm going to update my os and see if there's a difference.

Thanks for all the input!
    11-29-11 02:29 PM
    i just updated to os 7.1 and its doing the same thing so i figure its just normal, makes sense though that they made that the dead spot cause if your finger slips on the trackpad and there actually was sensitivity there it would get quite annoying scrolling the wrong ways
    11-29-11 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD