I dunno how old this SKU is...it still list the Bold 9930 as "montana" I still hold that what the Sprint Tech said, "late June/mid-July" I guess we'll find out soon enough when Sprint.com does pre-orders for the Bold 9930. So I guess the BGR.com argument can definatly be seriously debated since SO many stood behind the coming in September theory.
    06-03-11 02:46 PM
    I'm eligible for $75 off if I upgrade now. So how much will the new Bold cost me?
    06-03-11 02:50 PM
    I'm eligible for $75 off if I upgrade now. So how much will the new Bold cost me?
    You must be at the 1/2 way point, you'd have to call Sprint for a true number, but i'm thinking your out of pocket (IF Sprint still is doing the instant rebate) would be $275.00 plus taxes and $18.00 activation fee. also depending on what BlackBerry device if? you have currently, you could go to Blackberrytradeup.com and get a trade-in check from RIM when you do purchase a new BlackBerry. Unfortunatly, you would'nt be able to recieve the $99.00 re-up with Sprint credit.
    06-03-11 03:03 PM
    Read and weep Lefty... http://forums.crackberry.com/f235/bl...tember-620548/

From a slightly more reliable source than yours
    Ok Ok so now BGR is a Slightly More Reliable Source. There goes the argument about truth VS rumors. Why is BGR the ultimate fountain of truth. there are many things they have had wrong in the past. I am with Lefty on this one.
    leftypepper716 likes this.
    06-03-11 03:09 PM
    Ok Ok so now BGR is a Slightly More Reliable Source. There goes the argument about truth VS rumors. Why is BGR the ultimate fountain of truth. there are many things they have had wrong in the past. I am with Lefty on this one.
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH travaz Even though there is a SKU date of 08/21/11 I still think it'll be earlier My birthday is July 16th and hopefully that week or the next one, Sprint may have the Bold 9930 available....sweet B-Day presant for me let's all cross our fingers and wish big for me
    06-03-11 03:49 PM
    Looks like all the Sprint users will be jumping for joy, haha .

BlackBerry Bold 9930, BlackBerry Torch 9850 (monaco) both headed to Sprint! | CrackBerry.com
    August 24th? Seen lots of rumors the Evo3d will be out June 24th. Looks like i'll be giving the Evo3d a ride for a month then if it's not everything I want i'll swap it with the 9930...and carry a tablet to or something.
    06-04-11 01:43 AM
    I'm still not all that sure of the SKU lists, IMO it might be an older list it does have BB Bold 9930 with the RIM codename "montana". Maybe? since that SKU list, Sprint might have bumped the Bold 9930 up a month?
    06-04-11 05:38 PM
    Thanks for the update .... any time this summer is better than nevah !
    06-05-11 02:37 AM
    REPs know nothing. Just imagine how long RIM or a Carrier would keep a secret if they told their reps. I know reps from both RIM and AT&T and they always say they are the last to know anything.

They come here to try and find out things and a generally clueless when it come to phone releases. They got lots more on their plate than to worry about when a phone will be released. So do us all a great disservice and "spread rumors".
    06-05-11 08:40 AM
    I am trying to offer some kind of info, and I said from where, and if you think it's junk info, that is YOUR opinion...again, I wish Kevin could somehow make a "VERIFIED" source checkmark to posters that truely employed with RIM or a tester or supervisor in upper managment with carriers...otherwise, any post, be it mine or others are just pure speculation without anyway to prove these other posters who "know" testers, who "are" testers, who "know" RIM employees. I'm going to post reguardless of anyones demaning putdowns and so called "knowledge".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-11 11:16 AM
    I hope this is true. I've been waiting on this for a while. I love my Tour but it's time for an upgrade.
    06-11-11 02:33 PM
    I hope this is true. I've been waiting on this for a while. I love my Tour but it's time for an upgrade.
    Then you may be eligible for a full upgrade like me. My Sprint contract officially ended June 07 and I was told that Sprint sometimes offers a $99.00 returning customer credit as well as the automatic $150.00 device upgrade. And I still stand on mid-July has the Sprint Bold 9930 release date, reguardless of naysayers.

06-11-11 05:44 PM
    I am not saying you can not post, but all should realize that your information is not better than the stupid reps you are listening too. Even people working for RIM have no date for the intro of the 9900. I doubt that as the day of introduction is SO FAR OFF, that a hard date has even been decided on.

You are the reason people here get so upset as you and others keep spreading rumored dates and when they come and go, you blame RIM.

RIM has not broken any promises or missed any date, they only promised SUMMER!

I am trying to offer some kind of info, and I said from where, and if you think it's junk info, that is YOUR opinion...again, I wish Kevin could somehow make a "VERIFIED" source checkmark to posters that truely employed with RIM or a tester or supervisor in upper managment with carriers...otherwise, any post, be it mine or others are just pure speculation without anyway to prove these other posters who "know" testers, who "are" testers, who "know" RIM employees. I'm going to post reguardless of anyones demaning putdowns and so called "knowledge".

06-12-11 06:57 AM
    Not to jump in here, but everything I have seen, and I apologize for being a "newbie", but RIM has always stated "SUMMER".....that means anytime after June 21st (That is the official kick off date of the Summer Solstice). The Autum equinox is September 23rd, so there is a 3 month window for RIM to release this phone. It would be cool if they released it June 22nd, but from everything I have seen (and its not much), August seems more likely....but who really knows since RIM has said nothing official.
    06-12-11 07:49 AM
    Exactly my point! Any posting about release dates are just conjunture or rumor or flat out guessing. When I first seen RIM.com press release on May 02, 2011 the availablity says "expected beginning this summer". Normally RIM is very good at timeframe dates, usually earlier than later, so my thought is June 21st-Sept.22, 2011 give RIM within three months to release the Bold 9900/9930 series worldwide with that time.

06-12-11 09:42 AM
    its going to be great when RIM drops 4 or 5 new phones within a 2 month period and everyone's (even the haters) heads will explode
    [email protected] likes this.
    06-12-11 07:23 PM
    I gave up waiting for Sprint and RIM to get their acts together and got a Style. I like it but the battery life isn't great. However it's the only OS 6 BB Sprint can be bothered to carry so I had little choice. My Tour had had it and I couldn't afford to wait until the 12th of Never for the 9930 to get released. Massive marketing FAIL if you ask me. Announce your new devices and then drag your feet for MONTHS instead of releasing them, yeah that's working well.
    My fiance got a Style 9670 with her upgrade in March and she loves it, but like you she has sporadic battery life. I like the Style, but I'm holding off for the Bold 9930 and hope it drops mid-July at Sprint.

Last edited by leftypepper716; 06-12-11 at 08:18 PM.
    06-12-11 08:14 PM
    ditto.....
    06-13-11 06:00 AM
    I am not saying you can not post, but all should realize that your information is not better than the stupid reps you are listening too. Even people working for RIM have no date for the intro of the 9900. I doubt that as the day of introduction is SO FAR OFF, that a hard date has even been decided on.

You are the reason people here get so upset as you and others keep spreading rumored dates and when they come and go, you blame RIM.

RIM has not broken any promises or missed any date, they only promised SUMMER!
    But poster such as yourself or others who "claim" with no verivied cred extoll your "I know better than you novices" wisdom of prediciting late 3rd Q or even 4Q release, and why? Because BGR.com had it listed on May 03rd and a lot of other sites ran with it wiht "unconfirmed" sources? Or you claim to have inside people? Please! Again, nothing or no one's post or opinion is OFFICIAL and we all know that! Until RIM or Sprint comes out with an official announcement, not "leaks" or "rumors" then what anyone on here is purely speculative...even YOURS!

06-13-11 06:20 AM
    My motivation for for discounting rumours that seem to have sprung lately is twofold.
    First, it is to keep the record straight about what RIM actually announced. The importance of that is fairly evident - to keep information straight and to counteract the rumours that get started so that people looking for factual answers find them.
    Secondly, there are some of us who have been through a few RIM releases. We've gone through the speculation, the frustration, the annoyance of waiting and hearing conflicting reports. My experience with the 9700, 9800 and 9780 has taught me that blogs fabricate, people are taken for rides, CSRs generally know less about upcoming releases than the majority of the old timers here, and there is a very small group of people whose information has proved to be correct time and again.
    I have no inside information. Unlike others, I'm not gloating and hoping to prove anyone wrong. What I *am* doing is trying to get people who are on soapboxes posting about alleged delays to listen to reason. Blogges post hyperbole to get hits. Reps don't give away company strategic information. People who know people can get the message wrong.
    I read RIM's announcements. I follow the information of a select group here. I'm trying simply to counteract the frantic spill of misinformation.

06-13-11 06:43 AM
    Most people on here are not mindless simpletons who hang on every post and take all rumors and "rep told me" to heart and gush and gfaw at some gleeming ray of truth some so-called "experts" preport here. These post are what they are. RIM or Sprint official announcements will end either "coming soon" or "delayed until September" until then, anyone can post what they feel is useful, and since most posters are not crackberry modoraters, this is an OPEN forum for all ideas.

06-13-11 10:34 AM
    Pray on a bed of whimsy!
    I know it is frustrating, I even tried to blag the RIM guy today and he had no news! More to look forward too.
    PLAYBOOK this THURSDAY here in the UK!!!!
    Yee Haaa and brap brap to you!!! So jiggerly
    06-13-11 02:14 PM
    MY BGR?!?! When did I ever quote BGR?!?! I'm saying bloggers post hyperbole and you come with "your BGR"? Where did THAT come from?
    06-13-11 02:16 PM
    And I'm not referring to you as a simpleton. And I'm not a mod. But I would suggest that you keep CX, phonegeek, and salomondrin in mind. They have provided correct information many, many times over.
    Salomondrin posts on these forums like once a year.. He used to be helpful when he had his own website, but now he joined forces and he has become kinda useless.. His tweets aren't helpful anymore and everything.. He used to be an essential person with these release dates and speculation (I too was here during the big Bold 9650 fiasco) and it is kind of hard to rely on the same people year round as things change :/

It's fun taking what people say on here and their reasoning behind "well this might be the release date because of this etc." it makes you think and gives you hope (sure most of the time false hope, but it's still hope!) and there is nothing else we can do on here in the mean time as we have already talked about EVERYTHING we can about this 9900/9930.

In my head I am still hoping end of JUNE or sometime in JULY... Do I honestly believe that is going to be the case? Nah.. But do I still hope and love to hear when people think that too? Of course.

It's easier to hold off on a phone when the release date can maybe be coming every month.. You can sit here and go OMG! Maybe 20 more days and it will be out!! It's no fun to just take the stupid rumors of August/September and sit here and read the forums with the mind set, blah.. 2 more months at least until this phone pops out.

MY BGR?!?! When did I ever quote BGR?!?! I'm saying bloggers post hyperbole and you come with "your BGR"? Where did THAT come from?
    I'm assuming he got it from this:

August 14-21 i dont see why everbody bite off everything BGR says
    Because a segment of crackberrians prefer to feed off each other's wrong information than to go to tried and true sources.

Last edited by flip4life4751; 06-13-11 at 02:57 PM.
    06-13-11 02:52 PM
    Yet at 7:43 I stated bloggers fabricate stories and in the very piece you quoted I state bloggers post hyperbole. Not an endorsement of bloggers such as BGR.
    Perhaps I should find an American slang class or I should look up the meaning of "bite off."

06-13-11 03:44 PM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD