This is by NO MEANS official, so take it as it is. Today I had a very lengthy conversation with a Sprint tech on Sprint's customer service call center (not a store) on a "guesstiment" of when the Bold 9930 would be coming to Sprint and he told me that it was supposed to be available now, but right before the BlackBerry World Conference, RIM's decision to upgrade OS 6.1 to 7.0 caused the delay. That is why once RIM (knowing it was going to be a software intended upgrade) did the official press release "Beginning this Summer". The Sprint tech got this information directly from Sprint's own RIM Representative, who was there that day. Both the Sprint Tech (whom I spoke to) and his manager told the RIM rep they've been getting calls everyday since RIM's BlackBerry World announcement on May 02nd from Sprint customers asking when the Bold 9930 will be released, the Sprint RIM Rep told the Sprint tech and his manager to look for it to come out hopefully last week of June, or mid-July at latest. The Sprint tech told me when Sprint does start taking pre-orders for the Bold 9930 (which they will, he assured me), add about a week from initial pre-order date that you'll see posted on Sprint.com, for the Bold 9930 to start showing up at the retail stores. He also said it will be $199.00 on a new plan or upgrade and between $499.00-$599.00 full price. Also better news for existing Sprint customers with contracts ending with Sprint when the Bold 9930 releases (with no past dues of course), Sprint will give $99.00 returning customer credit when you renew another 2 year contract with them. Also another money saver, if Sprint is still continuing the instant rebate (so far Sprint is doing very well with the instant rebate program, and is running it "indefinatly?") the new Bold 9930 will only cost $99.00 plus any sales tax (plus $18.00 activation fee that Sprint includes on your next month's bill). AND! currently if you go to blackberrytradeup.com (info about how to tradeup and what you need is on that website) trade in your old good working condition BlackBerry when you purchase a new BlackBerry, they will buy your old one (my Curve 8330 trade in value was only $5.00) but adding the BlackBerry promotional credit of $45.00 it came out $50.00USD So when I purchase my Bold 9930, my out the door cost will be around $106.00 (then add the $18.00 activation fee) making it $124.00, THEN less the $50.00 BlackBerry Tradeup program refund check makes my grand total out of pocket cost for a brand new Sprint Bold 9930 $75.00 approx. and again, please remember i'm just passing along information that I feel will be helpful for my fellow crackberry friends. Like I said at the start, by NO MEANS any rumored release date I've posted are official. Just trying to help out. PEACE, LOVE and UNDERSTANDING y'all
    Last edited by leftypepper716; 06-03-11 at 08:45 AM.
    06-02-11 07:39 PM
    i refuse to believe
    Spawn12 likes this.
    06-02-11 07:43 PM
    my fingers are crossed
    leftypepper716 likes this.
    06-02-11 08:20 PM
    ...and that is exactly why we always say on here, NEVER listen to anyone in customer services... they know absolutely nothing!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-11 08:37 PM
    From my sources at BestBuy also said something about RIM delaying the 9900/9930 shipments to all Canadian carriers. That's why I started this tread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f235/ca...se-rim-618888/

Anyway, like I always say, any info is better than no info in my POV.
    06-02-11 09:40 PM
    I dont get it. Someone puts up some info that they got and half of the people here rag on them or debunk the info with no good reason. Its all conjecture we understand that. Please read and take it with as many grains of salt as you would like but please dont just lash out at the source. I want a bold as bad as anyone, my tour track ball is starting to act up, so I hope its correct info.
    06-02-11 10:55 PM
    Thanks, lefty. That's consistent with what I've been hearing from various Sprint reps over here...
    06-03-11 12:24 AM
    Thanks, lefty. That's consistent with what I've been hearing from various Sprint reps over here...
    You're welcome, and thank you to all who understand I'm just trying to help out find some info on the Bold 9930's release date. The Sprint tech was VERY knowlagble and IMO, what he told me makes a lot of sence. He and his manager talked directly with RIMS representitive for Sprint and they both kinda kept pressing for somthing to tell their Sprint customers who the Sprint tech said were calling daily since the May 2nd announcement wanting a release date. The RIM rep said the OS 6.1 to OS 7.0 delayed the Bold 9930 release, but Sprint should be getting it late June to mid July. Sprint tech also said they've ordered ALOT of Bold 9930's to antisipate the demand when they're released. And again, Sprint will be offering pre-orders, and that's when he said about a week after they'll be in the retail stores. PS: Playbook 4G is coming out June 05-15 he said. No word yet if Sprint will do a Telus like "buy a Playbook, get $100.00 cash off any BlackBerry smartphone you purchase that day"

Last edited by leftypepper716; 06-03-11 at 05:53 AM.
    06-03-11 04:51 AM
    Mid August to early September
    big_time2 and Spawn12 like this.
    06-03-11 05:19 AM
    PS: Playbook 4G is coming out June 15th too he said.
    Quoted yesterday by Sprints Market Director Gerald Evans:-
    "We still don't have an date for the 4G version as of yet but, "summer" is still on target."

Spawn12 likes this.
    06-03-11 05:29 AM
    Sprint WiFi BlackBerry PlayBook coming June 5 according to Sprint Market Director by Bla1ze on 2 Jun 2011 04:46 PM This is on Crackberry.com guess sometimes a simpleton from Detroit with just an old silly GED can be right, the Sprint tech WAS right, Playbook is being released June 05th, but not just 4G...maybe miscommunication, but the Playbook IS being released on Sprint
    Last edited by leftypepper716; 06-03-11 at 06:17 AM.
    06-03-11 05:56 AM
    Well your source seems to be correct on the Playbook information!! So let's hope he is also properly informed on the 9930 release date as well!! I'm assuming that it will roll out to all the carriers who will be receiving it on the same day/the same week? But that's just me hoping! Lol

06-03-11 07:29 AM
    Well your source seems to be correct on the Playbook information!!
    It seems correct now, since Lefty has edited his posts to suit

06-03-11 07:36 AM
    It seems correct now, since Lefty has edited his posts to suit

When I was talking to the Sprint rep I just ask when the Playbook was coming to Sprint, that was entirely MY mistake, I ask about the Playbook, not 4G, I assumed that if and when Sprint DID release the Playbook, it was going to be 4G. There lay the misscommunication on my part, the Sprint Tech rep was right on about the Playbook's release date. It seems that all some people want to do on this forum is to snipe and insult and demean good natured BlackBerry users, trying to make them feel somewhat inferior to them. Well I have never stated I am ALL knowing of all things RIM/BlackBerry, But I am an intelligent person that trys to share any info that I feel is benifitial to narrowing down a Bold 9930 release date. And demeaning me or insulting me will NOT stop me from posting. Snide remarks don't bother me, just encourages me to keep posting. PEACE, LOVE & UNDERSTANDING y'all
    06-03-11 07:50 AM
    Thanks for the info Lefty. I hope you're right.

06-03-11 08:24 AM
    There are 2 camps on this forum Lefty, one that wants to see truth and facts from reliable sources, and the other that is happy with just hearsay and BS rumours from unreliable sources... I am in the former camp

Nobody is trying to stop anyone from posting, but if someone from the latter camp posts incorrect information, it will be corrected.
    This should NOT be taken as sniping, insulting, or demeaning, but as healthy disagreement.

A simple one line reply admitting you may have been wrong is always better than going back and editing previous posts to correct those errors, or responding with a rambling and misleading essay.

PEACE, LOVE & UNDERSTANDING y'all
    06-03-11 08:37 AM
    Mid August to early September
    hmn
    finally realized 3rd quarter is more likely? there are at least 1000 posts of you saying "4th quarter, you heard it here first, definitely 4th quarter"
    etc
    06-03-11 08:53 AM
    But who are YOU to assume you have such inside information about all things BlackBerry to come thru and dismiss what YOU deem reliable or not? I never once said that my info was from CEOs of Research in Motion Mike Lazardis and Jim Balsillie directly, again, i said where the source was from and NOT to be taken as any official word...just from what I heard. It really isnt your place at all to come on here and berate me. Like I said before, to really clear all this up, maybe Kevin should find a way to denote a verivied check mark, similar to twitter for those who ACTUALLY have some official ties to either RIM or higher up in any of the major carriers, eg, Marketing, Product Development...etc. And if you dont like what I say, then very simple don't reply! and if you choose to keep replying to my post, i'm not just gonna cave under your proposed mighty intellect that you assume you have. PEACE, LOVE and UNDERSTANDING
    06-03-11 09:42 AM
    Read and weep Lefty... http://forums.crackberry.com/f235/bl...tember-620548/

From a slightly more reliable source than yours
    06-03-11 09:50 AM
    No tears here...still holding out for end of June- mid July keeping the faith...wow BGR, the fountain of truth!
    06-03-11 09:53 AM
    hmn
    finally realized 3rd quarter is more likely? there are at least 1000 posts of you saying "4th quarter, you heard it here first, definitely 4th quarter"
    etc
    Just remember that it is a LONG time till September, so long that it could become October or even November.

You said "think it'll be released june/july" You were picking "sooner", I was betting on "later", but then you did not need the money. <lol>

Can you say "By Christmas"
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 06-03-11 at 11:49 AM.
    06-03-11 11:39 AM
    Read and weep Lefty... http://forums.crackberry.com/f235/bl...tember-620548/

From a slightly more reliable source than yours

I wouldnt consider Apple Fanboys a reliable BB source. Just my opinion.
    06-03-11 11:47 AM
    See this is so typical. When a product is due to come out that's when the anticipation increases because they want it So bad. However, once it's delayed more and more hope is lost. It's all about Hype. Once a company sees alllll their customers going crazy over something New they wait and wait until they get enough consumers begging for it when ALL other devices come out. Smooth move? I think not.
    RIM you're losing customers. Get it together!

This is my FIRST Blackberry and I don't want it to be my last....but it's looking that way.
    06-03-11 11:49 AM
    06-03-11 01:04 PM
    That is awesome information that was posted....I am now torn ....I really wanted the bold but now that the torch is coming I don't know what to do....it will come down to feel of the keyboard I guess...
    06-03-11 02:26 PM
80 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD