Evening folks.

I got my 9900 today, it's my first BlackBerry and I think it's superb, very impressed.

I have a question though, I've got BIS setup and I put in my Gmail details. Now, I thought the phone would download some of my current messages (for example, the past 30 days) into the inbox (like on iOS etc.), but only new ones are coming through.

Is there a way to download older messages, I don't fully understand how BIS works

The whole email system seems a little bit confusing to be honest!

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Robbo
    08-18-11 07:07 PM
    BIS will only get your NEW emails and not your older ones.

I do think the gmail app allows for more control though
    08-18-11 07:17 PM
    The gmail app will not only give you more control, but it will download ALL your emails just as you would see them on a pc. Gmail

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 07:28 PM
    Thanks guys, looks like the Gmail app is the way to go. Pity it doesn't integrate into the core email app though, or does it?
    08-18-11 07:38 PM
    Thanks guys, looks like the Gmail app is the way to go. Pity it doesn't integrate into the core email app though, or does it?
    Well depending on how far back you need emails available, you can just use the gmail app as a temporary fix until you don't really need to go back 30 days or whatever. At this point you could just just switch back over to using the core bb email app since it'll have a lot of your emails anyways.
    08-18-11 07:55 PM
    Well depending on how far back you need emails available, you can just use the gmail app as a temporary fix until you don't really need to go back 30 days or whatever. At this point you could just just switch back over to using the core bb email app since it'll have a lot of your emails anyways.
    Yeah, that's what I'm doing. I have the Gmail app installed in case I need to locate an old email but it's probably going to be a rare occurrence.

Thanks again for the help!
    08-18-11 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD