I work really long hours in a hospital, and of course I am not always seated at a desk to keep my blackberry plugged in. I have a car charger for the ride to and from the hospital.

I have done a some research here on crackberry: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=657093. Most relevant thread posting about portable chargers. Also some research on the net. Not really seeing anything.

But short of me having to actually carry a second battery, does anyone know of a good portable charger I can carry around with me for my Bold 9900?
    07-04-12 08:40 PM
    Ah man. A while back someone posted a portable charger (seemed to be OEM). It was like a case, and had led lights showing you how much juice your battery has. Try youtube, I think the OP for that thread had a youtube link.
    07-04-12 09:37 PM
    Op, I see you found the thread for the extended battery...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9930-a-729895/

There are now selling in the ShopCrackberry store.... if you want to buy HURRY as the 4th of July 15% sale ends very soon!
    07-04-12 11:08 PM
    i remember seeing an external battery pack review over at android central. It was a couple of months back but ill try to find it.

Edit: Ok I looked on Amazon and found one made by Trent and another by Anker. Both seemed to have great reviews.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cubez; 07-05-12 at 01:06 AM.
    totallygone likes this.
    07-05-12 12:13 AM
    I bought a decent one that fits nice in my pocket in a tmobile store. Would be nice if mophie just made a case for the 9900 though....
    totallygone likes this.
    07-05-12 01:49 PM
    Thanks guys I will check amazon about the external battery pack. I hope it is something that I can plug in and let charge and then remove.

I don't really want the extended battery. I want my phone to keep its beautiful sleek shape.
    07-05-12 06:20 PM
    Usually on the weekends, I carry things battery bank around.
    It can charge my phone 2.5x on a single charge.
    Buy.com - New Trent Dual-port Pack IMP50D 5200mAh External Battery pack for Apple iPad, iPhone 4G 4, iPhone 3G
    07-06-12 11:43 PM
    Carry a USB cord and charge it when near a PC at work ?

The standard charger is pretty small and portable as it is for me.

Also if you haven't already, update to the latest OS. That should give you extra juice.
    07-07-12 02:13 PM
    I don't know if I would want to charge my phone on any random computer I am near to. But u have already ordered one of the external phone chargers. Will do the trick... Can't wait to try them out.
    07-07-12 05:48 PM
    I have a Seidio dock at home, another one at work and a car charger. The charging dock may work for you if you don't need to carry the phone with you at all times. I guess your other option would be to keep a spare battery with you at all times and swap out the battery when it runs low.

The Seidio is a nice dock. I'd recommend it.

I work really long hours in a hospital, and of course I am not always seated at a desk to keep my blackberry plugged in. I have a car charger for the ride to and from the hospital.

I have done a some research here on crackberry: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=657093. Most relevant thread posting about portable chargers. Also some research on the net. Not really seeing anything.

But short of me having to actually carry a second battery, does anyone know of a good portable charger I can carry around with me for my Bold 9900?
    07-07-12 07:35 PM
    You may have to carry a wall charger around. I can't think of what's smaller than that other than what's in the posted pic.

Btw the playbook standard charger (I hear its the bb phone premium charger) charges very fast.

0 - 100% in 45 mins for my bold once.
    07-07-12 07:46 PM
    You may have to carry a wall charger around. I can't think of what's smaller than that other than what's in the posted pic.

Btw the playbook standard charger (I hear its the bb phone premium charger) charges very fast.

Yes, the standard playbook charger is sold by rim a a Rapid Charger for their phones. I use the magnetic travel charger with my pb and use the standard pb's charger with my 9930. It is pretty small.
    07-08-12 10:07 AM

Do you notice a quicker drain using the rapid charger? I have the Playbook and Bold 9900. For the first time today after reading this post, I'm using the Playbook charger for my phone but am just worried it will drain quicker.
    07-19-12 09:51 AM
    Do you notice a quicker drain using the rapid charger? I have the Playbook and Bold 9900. For the first time today after reading this post, I'm using the Playbook charger for my phone but am just worried it will drain quicker.
    For me it seems it drains faster. I haven't used the battery device analyser to confirm if its true though.
    jweihrauch likes this.
    07-19-12 09:57 AM
    For me it seems it drains faster. I haven't used the battery device analyser to confirm if its true though.
    You have to wonder if it's worth it then.
    07-19-12 09:59 AM
    You have to wonder if it's worth it then.
    Its been confirmed that it doesn't hurt the battery & most of the places I go there's always a bb charger so I don't need to go all day without a charge.

The PB charger is always plugged into my bb dock but may revert for a few days to the original & see if there is a change.
    07-19-12 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD