After using it for about a week, I have published my review on this super expensive BlackBerry. As we already know, it's basically a Bold 9900 in a super premium shell. Pictures sadly don't do justice to this device- as horrendous as it may look in pictures, it feels incredibly good in your hand.

Porsche Design BlackBerry P'9981 Smartphone Review | t-break: Tech @ Its Fastest

Hope you guys enjoy the read
    01-27-12 01:53 AM
    Man am not gonna read your review coz it make me feel more poor so congrats for your device but let me enjoy my 9900 haha
    01-27-12 02:12 AM
    Oh and don't you think you should post this thread in P'9981 section?
    Fnord likes this.
    01-27-12 02:13 AM
    "However, considering the amount of wealth and the popularity of BlackBerry in the Middle East, I’m sure there will be many people who will spend $2000 for the P9981."

Being a Middle Eastern myself, I personally would never ever spend $2,000 (7,000DHS!) on a smartphone especially that one. And I'm pretty sure people here won't. I love Blackberry but this particular Blackberry is ugly especially the backside of it. And yes Blackberry is very popular in the ME everywhere I go I see people with Blackberry smartphones especially the Bold 9900. This Blackberry in particular is extremely popular here and was sold out in huge retail stores in less than a week!
    01-27-12 02:20 AM
    I think its more of a "Man" phone- it's slightly bigger size, sharp edges and a blocky form factor have totally won me over compared to the rounded Bold 9900.

@

"However, considering the amount of wealth and the popularity of BlackBerry in the Middle East, I�m sure there will be many people who will spend $2000 for the P9981."

Being a Middle Eastern myself, I personally would never ever spend $2,000 (7,000DHS!) on a smartphone especially that one. And I'm pretty sure people here won't. I love Blackberry but this particular Blackberry is ugly especially the backside of it. And yes Blackberry is very popular in the ME everywhere I go I see people with Blackberry smartphones especially the Bold 9900. This Blackberry in particular is extremely popular here and was sold out in huge retail stores in less than a week!
    01-27-12 03:48 AM
    "However, considering the amount of wealth and the popularity of BlackBerry in the Middle East, I�m sure there will be many people who will spend $2000 for the P9981."

I born-n-brought up in Abu Dhabi and 4 years ago when I left for London, it was still Nokia all over there but now my family living there made me buy Blackberry and I actually love it now
    Ammunet91 likes this.
    01-27-12 04:41 AM
    Just got Porsche Design BlackBerry P9981 in Toronto for my wife as a surprise. She LOVES. It look spectacular sitting in the charging cradle, and we both love the feel and especially typing on the keyboard.

Cool thing is, it comes with phone tech support directly from BB, and with their help, was able to upgrade it to 7.1 from 7.0. and walked me though making sure we got all her email accounts set up and working perfectly...they we awesome!
    07-08-12 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD