Anyone else have poor signal with their 9930? I'm constantly in 1X and forget trying to do "check-ins" on Facebook. I was along time BB user who went to the HTC Thunderbolt, but came back b/c Android is not what I like. While I can do without the 4G, I would like 3G.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 11:01 AM
    My strength as far as bars go seems on par with my 9650... The difference I notice is that it doesn't lock on 3G as well. Most of the time when I see the X1 I turn off the mobile network and then turn it back on and that fixes it right away. Hopefully this is just a software bug.

08-29-11 11:35 AM
    update your roaming prl. I had that issue last night and after that, it went away
    08-29-11 11:37 AM
    P.S.. I also noticed it doesn't always recognize when you leave a roaming area. When I get back to a sprint service area it will still say I'm roaming until I restart the mobile network again. Little annoying.

08-29-11 11:37 AM
    update your roaming prl. I had that issue last night and after that, it went away
    How does one do that on a BB? Thanks

08-29-11 11:39 AM
    On verizon. Its *228 option 2
    08-29-11 11:40 AM
    I am getting very good signal strength over my Droid Incredible and the call quality is far superior.

08-29-11 11:42 AM
    i get full signal almost everywhere i got. apart from my rural home! but ive a vodafone sure signal box at home that gives me full 3g coverage in my house.
    08-29-11 11:50 AM
    I have Verizon Wireless and live in a very good coverage area. I had tried the *228 over the weekend but received an error message, which I didn't write down. I tried after reading some of the replies and was able to update the roaming profile.

There are times that I have to reboot the phone before it will go back to 3G. I will see if that helped.
    08-29-11 12:07 PM
    I've had problems with the Wifi reception on my 9900 (my 9700 can receive our home Wifi better) and phone reception across into the USA was awful - half the time I couldn't use my phone (again my 9700 had no problems) I phoned my carrier and they said just go exchange it for a new one - simple solve - so I'm off to do just that. No complaints otherwise.
    08-29-11 12:32 PM
    Is everyone here on the latest leak? I too am having these issues and was thinking about changing the radio to the .340 radio to see how that fairs. Thoughts?
    08-29-11 12:40 PM
    On verizon. Its *228 option 2
    You can also go to the Mobile Network settings, press the Menu key, and select the "Update PRL" option.
    08-29-11 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD