I have reduced my screen brightness to 40 and still have almost 40% battery life left at the end of the day after a typical day of use. Prior to this, I had my brightness level set at 100 and could not get through the day without charging.

The difference between brightness level 40 and 100 is minimal.
    Last edited by rpritch; 08-30-11 at 08:54 PM.
    08-30-11 08:28 PM
    Backlight brightness = 10
    Backlight timeout = 10 seconds

Great battery life on Sprint
    08-30-11 08:42 PM
    I do the same thing LL HUGH J said. Works like a charm. Also don't let apps sit in the background. My phone is now half full still after a work day. Perfect for me.
    08-30-11 10:22 PM
    yeah, I charge mine every night, dont use it all day, no calls no texts or bbm certainly no internet and no app usage (mainly cos there aint any compatible)

And my battery now lasts all day......... seriously guys I don't think it's a case of we dont know have to save battery, it's a case of if you want to use your phone alot the battery just plain sucks!!
    08-30-11 11:33 PM
    Is it also true that if you disable automatically dim backlight, that saves battery life too?

Swear I read that somewhere... For now I do have it enabled, as I've always found it a nice feature of the blackberry

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-30-11 11:35 PM
    Backlight brightness = 10
    Backlight timeout = 10 seconds

Great battery life on Sprint
    +1

I've always done the same thing, and great battery life on Verizon. I had the backight timeout set for 30 seconds for 2 days, but it was really eating up the battery. Switched back to 10 seconds and it's a lot better.

I don't know anyone does 40-100 brightness. It kills my eyes. Even 10 is quite bright. You won't even notice it.
    08-31-11 02:29 AM
    Is it also true that if you disable automatically dim backlight, that saves battery life too?
    That is a possibility, as that may disable the proximity (ambient light) sensor...
    08-31-11 02:44 AM
    I run 20/10 with Auto Dim disabled and I get great battery life.
    08-31-11 03:17 AM
    The battery isnt the issue, its the carriers networks. Myself being with Rogers, is H+ and currently the H+ network isnt what it should be. I tried this with my 9900 i turned off the network for about 3 hours and used it to play some games and the battery only dropped 12%. thats nothing after 3 hours of use. 9930's have a different radio so they will have different performance than a 9900. bottom line is until our carriers dont make the network stronger and more widespread the battery life will not be ad good as it was on previous phones. i hope rim makes a feature to turn off h+, like in the manage networks pannel, have one for 2g+3g only.
    08-31-11 03:29 AM
    I set mine at 10. The lowest. Plenty bright. I also keep blurtooth wifi and gps off unless needed. And I go into all apps and set the update intervals to the very most seldom I can tolerate or turn it off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 03:35 AM
    I have mine at 50%, 45sec auto dim. I read a lot, and I can't read a full page in 10 seconds. I wish RIM was a little more sophisticated when auto diming instead of just using a timer.

I used to laugh at iPhone users with their retina display barely lit up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 04:05 AM
    m using at 40% 10 second. my battery goes down like dow jones
    08-31-11 04:39 AM
    m using at 40% 10 second. my battery goes down like dow jones

this is the second time i will see that phrase on crackberry
    08-31-11 05:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD