View Poll Results: Do you use a Screen Protector

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes..

32 69.57%
  • No..

14 30.43%
    Do you use a screen protector with your 9900/9930 ?

I'm using a very thin one that fits very well, I managed to lay it down without any air bubbles..

Only issue I'm wondering if it's causing an issue I'm having where the touchscreen & cursor often has a mind of it's own, but that could also be due to the sunlight sensor that I hear some people complain again causing the same issue.
    05-23-12 07:34 AM
    I have two types of screen protectors that I used to use when I just got my 9900, the anti-spy (thick) and just a normal screen protector (not as thick), the results were I had some trouble using the touchscreen therefore i gave up on em.. I'd say dont use them, my 9900 fell a lot and its all fine, dont even have a case on. So I'd say no, dont use it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-23-12 07:42 AM
    I have two types of screen protectors that I used to use when I just got my 9900, the anti-spy (thick) and just a normal screen protector (not as thick), the results were I had some trouble using the touchscreen
    Do you remember the problems you had ?
    05-23-12 07:45 AM
    I've been using the Tru Protection Anti-Glare since I purchased the Bold 9900 and haven't experienced any issues with it.
    05-23-12 07:45 AM
    I usually use screen protectors on my devices, but for some strange reason I haven't picked one up......yet, for my 9930. It just feels so good without one. I will probably pick one up this weekend, don't like taking chances
    05-23-12 07:50 AM
    I usually use screen protectors on my devices, but for some strange reason I haven't picked one up......yet, for my 9930. It just feels so good without one. I will probably pick one up this weekend, don't like taking chances
    Honestly I don't feel the one on my 9900
    05-23-12 07:55 AM
    I've never used a screen protector on any phone and never had a scratch.
    05-23-12 07:56 AM
    I've never used a screen protector on any phone and never had a scratch.
    Me neither. I have a new one but never used it. My bb is as new and shiny as the day I got it
    05-23-12 08:09 AM
    I've got a Jap one. Love it, anti-glare and very minimum distortion.

05-23-12 08:11 AM
    I always use a screen protector, I dont see why you wouldnt.
    CeeXTwo likes this.
    05-23-12 08:13 AM
    Do you remember the problems you had ?

Well one thing is that without it, the screen looks way more clearer and crisp. Sometimes when you use the touchscreen it doesnt recognize your fingerprints caused by the screen protector, thats it..

05-23-12 08:25 AM
    I decided after having one on my iPod Touch for so long that the screen didn't feel right without a protector.
    I've had one on since the day I got it and it has been just fine.
    05-23-12 08:47 AM
    Atleast it protects form scratch
    05-23-12 09:59 AM
    I think there are several threads on this topic. I always have a screen protector because I usually sell my phones at the end of the contract.
    05-23-12 10:16 AM
    Necessary, most likely not. But why not? I have one and I'm sure it has saved my screen a few times when I toss my keys into the same pocket by accident.
    05-23-12 10:16 AM
    I think there are several threads on this topic. I always have a screen protector because I usually sell my phones at the end of the contract.
    There are several threads on every topic . I think its because we've been around
    05-23-12 10:22 AM
    There are several threads on every topic . I think its because we've been around
    There are several threads about several threads. This nearly being one of them.

I've lost the thread topic now. :eek
    05-23-12 01:39 PM
    I use one on my 9900. I think for a device that's going to be lugged around with you most of your life, it should be as protected as possible without hurting the design of the device.

As for distortion / loss of touch sensitivity, it all depends on what brand of protector you use. I've used Skinomi protectors on my last 6-7 phones(I go through a lot of phones per year), and have to say they're the best I've tried.

Skinomi protectors are "wet" application. Meaning you spray filtered water on them to get them in place/remove air bubbles while installing. Its easy and they provide everything you need for the install in the box.

Also their protectors for the 9900 are DIRT cheap, so you can always try out and see if you like it. If you don't, just tear it off and go naked .

Anyway, here's the Amazon link for their 9900 skin:
    Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Screen Protector Shield for BlackBerry Bold 9900 + Lifetime Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories
    05-23-12 05:01 PM
    Right now I have the Zagg invisible shield on my 9930 screen. I got the full body one

As far as the sensitivity, I think it works great. I don't have any problems with it only problem is that my finger doesnt glide smoothly because of the texture of the shield.

I always protect my phones from scratches and from drops.

Sent from ERain's CrackBerry 9930
    05-25-12 03:11 AM
    ive been told im an a few times on this forum for saying this but ebay screen protectors are great $1 for 3 or something like that. I dont stare at my screen for videos or something and they are pretty crisp/clear... IMO it works for me... its just whats works fro you.,
    05-25-12 04:04 PM
    I also swear by Skinomi. Totally worth the $15
    05-25-12 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD