View Poll Results: Did you experienced any serious problem?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, software mostly

16 21.33%
  • Yes, hardware moslty

14 18.67%
  • No. Everything works just fine

50 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Mine has been going strong for a year, never had any serious problem, not even a minor problem (such as it switching off etc) with very heavy use.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-03-13 11:11 AM
    did you upgrade to a official carrier os build or did you install other carrier os builds? or maybe hybrid builds from other places??
    02-03-13 02:26 PM
    i agree some people that call there self BIG FANS but yet there moaning if you don't like the device its simple go with someone else :

my experience has been a blast never had a bad thing happen to it the only thing that i have had happen is my battery witch got replaced i love blackberry and im never parting with them <3!! keep the good work going guys =]
    02-03-13 03:37 PM
    did you upgrade to a official carrier os build or did you install other carrier os builds? or maybe hybrid builds from other places??
    Always official OS

i agree some people that call there self BIG FANS but yet there moaning if you don't like the device its simple go with someone else :

my experience has been a blast never had a bad thing happen to it the only thing that i have had happen is my battery witch got replaced i love blackberry and im never parting with them <3!! keep the good work going guys =]
    I'm not moaning, just doing research... I LOVE my 9900, it's kinda a LOVE/HATE relationship haha For example now had to wipe it again and doesn't start :S

Today I bought a 9780 and experiencing problems with email accounts (I guess that's my fault anyways) and can't login with bbm. I guess I'm just JINXED???

anyways, I'm looking forward to the Q10, Meanwhile I'm using both 9900 and 9780 I'm NOT giving up on blackberry :P
    02-03-13 10:56 PM
    so what's your problem on your 9780 pm if you want and ill try and help as best as i can
    02-04-13 05:29 AM
    if i've ever had any problems with my 9900, they've been external rather than internal. i know what i'm doing when it comes to loading software etc so if i did have a problem in this area i would (hopefully, but lots of help available on here anyway) know what to do. every phone out there and every other customer's gonna have a problem. it's just technology.
    02-04-13 05:35 AM
    Always official OS

I'm NOT giving up on blackberry :P
    Having spent some time reading the BB10 forum it seems as though Blackberry is giving up on us !!!

Sounds as though the Z10 is nothing like a "proper traditional" BB

Will be sticking with my 9900 until it dies
    02-04-13 07:46 AM
    I admittedly had a lot of issues when it first came out (summer 2011) with it being slow, crashing, burning through the battery that I would need to switch it by early afternoon. It's the reason I sold it and jumped shipped and bought myself a Galaxy S2. However, 4 months later I was missing it so I bought another one found that since January 2012, it has been a great phone. I also do a full wipe and install every new official OS that gets released and I have to say it is loads better now. Fast boot time (about 1 minute or a bit less which is great for a BB), I get two days now before I have to charge it (based on how I use the phone).

The only disappointments is that even though I baby the phone, I find it looking more worn out than my other BB's... things like the carrier logo being almost worn off, scuff marks on the battery door, small nicks in the frame. My stuff usually looks like new even if it is a year later. As this is just nitpicking really, I have been really happy with it and I think I will miss it if I get a Z10.

In terms of other hardware issues I have heard about, my friend just got a 9900 through work and he has an issue that the phone will crash when taking a picture. I checked this out online which seems to be an issue if you have the geo location enabled in the camera. I have never had that issue before and I also don't know what OS version he is using but that is the only real hardware/software issue I've heard of in my circle of users.

Shame about your experience. That would drive me bonkers. If a OS wipe and reinstall doesn't fix it, maybe try a warranty exchange and try another unit.
    02-04-13 08:02 AM
    Didn't have much issues at all, almost none. Minor things only with apps, but overall, none.
    02-04-13 09:08 AM
    No problems here. Sure miss that device
    02-04-13 09:12 AM
35 12