Meanwhile people were complaining before that the old LED was way too bright...

You can't please everyone.
    Consumers are insatiable
    04-25-11 10:38 PM
    I made a post in the section that talked about the carbon back being a big mistake....this is just silly though. This is a joke topic right?
    04-26-11 12:59 AM
    I made a post in the section that talked about the carbon back being a big mistake....this is just silly though. This is a joke topic right?
    Yes, it must be a joke because it's not important to YOU. Same as any other post you reply to - if you don't like it, it must be wrong.

Take it from someone on Android for about a year - the LED on a BB is actually a pretty big deal to some people.
    04-26-11 05:43 PM
    I will be thrilled with any indicator! After using an iPhone for the last three years I can't wait to come home!
    04-28-11 08:04 PM
    Yes, it must be a joke because it's not important to YOU. Same as any other post you reply to - if you don't like it, it must be wrong.

Take it from someone on Android for about a year - the LED on a BB is actually a pretty big deal to some people.
    Yeah and the LED on the torch is just fine, unless you're visually impaired or something. It really isn't a big deal. I'm looking at my Torch blinking right now (well pulsing with BeBuzz) and I honestly don't see the issue.
    04-29-11 07:47 AM
    You won't buy a phone based on its LED? I'm surprised to hear that.
    04-29-11 03:46 PM
    Yes indeed. I almost forgot the IPhone 5 was coming in a few months.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

those things come fast! right when i want to upgrade i remember the new ones comin out soon
    04-30-11 10:16 PM
    The LED is a great thing the BlackBerry smartphones have. I never saw anything wrong IMO with the Torch's LED, but I hope I don't see what you are talking about with the LED. Hopefully they make it brighter like the 9000 was.
    04-30-11 10:33 PM
    I love the LED on my 9780, but to be honest I would prefer it to be a little more subtle. When I'm in meetings, etc and am notified by the LED, I feel like the brightness is a little too much, and slightly unprofessional.
    05-01-11 01:38 AM
    I think the led on the torch is fine. I always see it. Well almost always. I like how on the old curves it would wrap over the top just a little. So if the phone was face down, you can still see the led a little bit when it flashes.

05-02-11 10:39 AM
    i am totally fine with the either led...my vision is well enough to see the torch style led....how blind do u have to be to not see the led? lol
    05-02-11 10:56 AM
    I love the LED on my 9780, but to be honest I would prefer it to be a little more subtle. When I'm in meetings, etc and am notified by the LED, I feel like the brightness is a little too much, and slightly unprofessional.
    If I'm not mistaken, you can turn LED notification off ;-)

05-02-11 12:34 PM
    You won't buy a phone based on its LED? I'm surprised to hear that.
    I owned a iphone 4 for one day and took it back just because it didn't have a LED.

05-02-11 12:36 PM
    The bold 9000 led was by far the best.
    05-02-11 01:02 PM
    I'm shocked that there's a forum about the size of an LED. We are finally getting the ultimate Blackberry we've asked for for years and we're whining over the size of an LED. Geez. Babies.

It HAS an LED - it works (heck, with BeBuzz on my Torch it's plenty bright).

Get over yourselves, you primadonnas.
    It is customer's job to complain. In an open economy we ALL should be critical of RIM and other companies. If not we all become dumb Canadians. Here in Canada dumb Canadians like me decided to say NOTHING, when our mobile companies increase their prices, when oil companies fix prices, when school system is place on extreme stress, and now we are SLAVES or RIM, PetroCanada, Telus/Rogers/Bell, etc.

Do you know that in many other countries there are different prices for different plans from different mobile phone companies have different plans. But in Canada, Canadian Federal Government LOVE to protect all companies and steal MY money!!

If we don't get critical of RIM, we will always end up with low level phones. Sooo... here is my rant... RIM, I HATE YOUR NEW LED SYSTEM and RIM, you better fix it before I go out an buy an iPhone5 with millions of USEFUL apps!!
    05-02-11 01:19 PM
    It is customer's job to complain. In an open economy we ALL should be critical of RIM and other companies. If not we all become dumb Canadians. Here in Canada dumb Canadians like me decided to say NOTHING, when our mobile companies increase their prices, when oil companies fix prices, when school system is place on extreme stress, and now we are SLAVES or RIM, PetroCanada, Telus/Rogers/Bell, etc.

Do you know that in many other countries there are different prices for different plans from different mobile phone companies have different plans. But in Canada, Canadian Federal Government LOVE to protect all companies and steal MY money!!

If we don't get critical of RIM, we will always end up with low level phones. Sooo... here is my rant... RIM, I HATE YOUR NEW LED SYSTEM and RIM, you better fix it before I go out an buy an iPhone5 with millions of USEFUL apps!!
    Why troll in the forum? If you don't like or want the phone don't bother wasting others and your own time about how you want an iPhone. Back to the subject though, I enjoy having an LED no matter the size and I could live without it so I'm not bothered :P
    05-02-11 04:20 PM
    Why troll in the forum? If you don't like or want the phone don't bother wasting others and your own time about how you want an iPhone. Back to the subject though, I enjoy having an LED no matter the size and I could live without it so I'm not bothered :P
    What is a "troll" and what is a "reply" is subjective. So watch out, like you reply to my message, I replied to some other psrson's message. Having said that, I hate the LED.

05-02-11 04:28 PM
    The Torch LED is fine imo. Get BeBuzz (everyone should anyway) and you can have it brighter.

I wouldn't count on BeBuzz to work properly on the Bold Touch. It doesn't work properly on my Torch and I've tried SEVERAL versions from Bellshare.

The should have stuck with the led design from the Bold 9000.
    05-02-11 04:53 PM
    I wouldn't count on BeBuzz to work properly on the Bold Touch. It doesn't work properly on my Torch and I've tried SEVERAL versions from Bellshare.

The should have stuck with the led design from the Bold 9000.
    I dunno, i don't think it's that simple though.. I've had a Torch practically since launch and use BeBuzz since day 1...

Likely there's something else going wrong.
    05-02-11 04:55 PM
    Jeez. What happened in this thread? You get away from it for a week and everbody starts getting all hostile! Everybody calm down now!

Look, I�m sure most of you don�t give a sh1t about how bright that LED is. But for some of us... well, it�s kind of important.

Personally, I like to sit in my comfortable chair all day with a cat on my lap, reading books and drinking whisky. Either that, or lying in bed watching cookery shows and Who's the Boss reruns. In both cases, my blackberry is most likely laying around somewhere out of reach, probably in silent mode. Now, the reason this 9700 LED makes me so happy is that I don�t have to drag myself out of bed for an incoming call only to discover it�s my mother calling. Why? Because that beautiful bright green LED tells me: don't bother.

Different LED colours to me are what different ringtones are to others. Helps me identify a caller without even touching the device. Now I've tried a Torch, and that weak, impotent, pityful LED had me crawling all over my bedroom floor, because I couldn 't tell the difference between a mother and a girlfriend calling. That, to me, is intolerable.

I NEED my LED. Call me a whining baby, but you'd be whining too if your next blackberry had half the ring volume.
    05-02-11 05:30 PM
    ^^ I also want the better LED
    though am getting this still, but it is rather annoying
    05-02-11 05:47 PM
    Different LED colours to me are what different ringtones are to others. Helps me identify a caller without even touching the device. Now I've tried a Torch, and that weak, impotent, pityful LED had me crawling all over my bedroom floor, because I couldn 't tell the difference between a mother and a girlfriend calling. That, to me, is intolerable.
    I do not understand this sentiment. While the Torch LED isn't as bright as the older LEDs, it offers much better colour options. On my 8900, most custom colours for BerryBuzz were attempted by mixing two different LED colours together. Simply put, it looked awful, and it was impossible to find the right orange (as an example).
    05-02-11 05:48 PM
    I do not understand this sentiment.
    Well, it's pretty simple to understand: the LED on the Torch is so weak, it's hard to distinguish different colours from a distance.
    05-02-11 06:12 PM
    Come on guys its not that hard. I'm colorblind and I can see a difference. Maybe it varies on each torch but I can see mine fine, and the different color leds! (Unless its blue and purple or something! Haa)

05-02-11 08:46 PM
    Well, it's pretty simple to understand: the LED on the Torch is so weak, it's hard to distinguish different colours from a distance.
    So if the LED is not bright enough, you can't tell red from blue? I know with the bright LED from older models, I couldn't tell the difference between green, yellow and orange. They all looked relatively similar.
    05-02-11 09:33 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD