To me, the LED indicator is by far the best feature on any Blackberry. Without even touching the thing �in some cases without even LOOKING at it� I can see whether I was called, emailed or messaged and by who. Simply unmissable.

Until... that lousy LED indicator on the Torch, which is so ****ty and weak I sold my Torch after 3 days. Only half the size AND half as bright. Useless!

And now, judging from those leaked pictures, the same bloody thing is featured on the Bold Touch as well! And I wanted that Bold Touch so much!
    04-18-11 05:06 AM
    yup yup, said it 10000 times, too small ; >
    but we cant judge yet, only pics
    04-18-11 05:13 AM
    True. And indeed it was said before. Needed to vent. Thanks for listening
    04-18-11 05:16 AM
    : )
    im worried too, about that LED, even tho its still just pics, to be completely honest !
    04-18-11 05:17 AM
    The Torch LED is fine imo. Get BeBuzz (everyone should anyway) and you can have it brighter.
    04-18-11 05:20 AM
    Must say I like the Current LED as well and had my worries when seeing it on the Torch. Hope I could get used to this.
    04-18-11 07:44 AM
    I've been on Android for a year, so I'm used to a lousy LED. If this Montana does lure me back, even the weak-looking LED on the Bold Touch will be an improvement.
    04-18-11 10:00 AM
    O dear. Did a moderator really just remove the word '****ty' from my post title?
    04-18-11 10:57 AM
    The Torch LED is fine imo. Get BeBuzz (everyone should anyway) and you can have it brighter.
    I had it on my Torch and honestly it didnt do alot even with the brighter colours selected...it was a minor improvement.

Sold the torch and now have the 9780 Bold which the LED on it much much better and brighter.
    04-18-11 11:53 AM
    Only half the size AND half as bright. Useless!
    saving energy? Greenpeace is sticking its nose everywhere. Tsk.

RIM, please leave the better features where they are?
    04-18-11 01:10 PM
    Originally I preferred the older LED's but now I feel the new LED's on Torch and Curve 3G phones just look more modern and clean. Either way, it's much better than the ones provided by Motorola and especially HTC.
    04-21-11 04:11 AM
    The look is ok, brightness isn't...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-11 07:17 AM
    Small LED is better than no LED. It's one of the reasons I can't wean myself from my BBs
    04-21-11 10:26 AM
    and that LED notification is what made me switch from an iphone 3GS to a BlackBerry Torch last Aug... among other things.
    04-21-11 10:29 AM
    Small LED is better than no LED. It's one of the reasons I can't wean myself from my BBs
    I never would've thought I'd miss the blinking LED. But, oh how I miss it. It's a pain pulling the phone out and turning the screen on constantly to see if I have message, e-mail, voicemail, etc.

If only I knew back then what I know now.
    04-21-11 07:39 PM
    I never would've thought I'd miss the blinking LED. But, oh how I miss it. It's a pain pulling the phone out and turning the screen on constantly to see if I have message, e-mail, voicemail, etc.

If only I knew back then what I know now.
    Do what i did.
    sell your iphone ( get a BlackBerry/ Android with LED)
    and get an ipod touch or an iPad.
    it's more Fun to see those apps and play angry Birds on a larger real state.
    04-21-11 07:42 PM
    Do what i did.
    sell your iphone ( get a BlackBerry/ Android with LED)
    and get an ipod touch or an iPad.
    it's more Fun to see those apps and play angry Birds on a larger real state.
    I've been thinking about it actually. Just need to find someone to buy it. Shouldn't be much of a problem since I'm sure there are plenty of people wanting them.
    04-21-11 07:45 PM
    I've been thinking about it actually. Just need to find someone to buy it. Shouldn't be much of a problem since I'm sure there are plenty of people wanting them.
    i strongly suggest you act QUICKLY.. before they roll out the iphone 5.
    even on Ebay price, the cost of your phone can pretty much cover an ipad or ipad2 depending on the condition of your iphone 4

goodluck!
    04-21-11 09:03 PM
    i strongly suggest you act QUICKLY.. before they roll out the iphone 5.
    even on Ebay price, the cost of your phone can pretty much cover an ipad or ipad2 depending on the condition of your iphone 4

goodluck!
    Yes indeed. I almost forgot the IPhone 5 was coming in a few months.

04-22-11 04:12 AM
    I wanted to actually start a thread with this topic but thought people might ridicule me.

I totally agree! I HATEEE new LED. I hope they keep the old one on the new Bold Touch
    04-22-11 06:47 PM
    Meanwhile people were complaining before that the old LED was way too bright...

You can't please everyone.
    04-22-11 06:53 PM
    Who cares really? It's just a small dot with a red blinking indicator. I don't know how it can get your attention.
    04-23-11 04:28 PM
    I'm shocked that there's a forum about the size of an LED. We are finally getting the ultimate Blackberry we've asked for for years and we're whining over the size of an LED. Geez. Babies.

It HAS an LED - it works (heck, with BeBuzz on my Torch it's plenty bright).

Get over yourselves, you primadonnas.
    04-23-11 04:44 PM
    Meanwhile people were complaining before that the old LED was way too bright...

You can't please everyone.
    LED too bright? Answer the **** message!
    04-25-11 11:13 AM
    I'm shocked that there's a forum about the size of an LED. We are finally getting the ultimate Blackberry we've asked for for years and we're whining over the size of an LED. Geez. Babies.

It HAS an LED - it works (heck, with BeBuzz on my Torch it's plenty bright).

Get over yourselves, you primadonnas.

I know right. I'm more worried about the overall performance/reliability of the device than the size of the LED. Size doesn't matter as long as it does its job. .

04-25-11 08:46 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD