Hello All:
    I need some help, I just switched back to BB from a Samsung S3, I'm on ATT. I was not eligible for an upgrade so I bought the phone on Ebay. I took the Sim which was a micro and loaded it from the Samsung into the BB and called ATT and told them I had done so and they switched me back to a BB plan. The phone works flawlessly, incoming/outgoing calls, emails the same, internet no problem. However it will receive SMS text but it wont send. In fact the option does not even come up only email, bbm, instant msg, etc., I cannot even compose the text. I called Tech Support at ATT and we did a bunch of stuff including a "wipe", no good. The tech then had me go to ATT and get a new Sim, I just installed and like before all is good except outgoing texts. Interestingly, I'm not sure if in Setup there is supposed to be an icon for Text, but on my phone there is not. I'm at a loss, if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them. Thanks Bill
    01-27-14 06:10 PM
    Hello All:
    I need some help, I just switched back to BB from a Samsung S3, I'm on ATT. I was not eligible for an upgrade so I bought the phone on Ebay. I took the Sim which was a micro and loaded it from the Samsung into the BB and called ATT and told them I had done so and they switched me back to a BB plan. The phone works flawlessly, incoming/outgoing calls, emails the same, internet no problem. However it will receive SMS text but it wont send. In fact the option does not even come up only email, bbm, instant msg, etc., I cannot even compose the text. I called Tech Support at ATT and we did a bunch of stuff including a "wipe", no good. The tech then had me go to ATT and get a new Sim, I just installed and like before all is good except outgoing texts. Interestingly, I'm not sure if in Setup there is supposed to be an icon for Text, but on my phone there is not. I'm at a loss, if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them. Thanks Bill
    Did you use PayPal to purchase the phone? Whether you did or not, maybe you should open a case on ebay by sending an email to the person you purchased the cell phone from. Ebay offers you the option to send the product back if you're not satisfied. Let us know what you do.
    01-27-14 08:59 PM
    Have you checked if it has an IT policy ?
    01-27-14 09:23 PM
    Hi:
    I have not could you tell me how to do so?

Thanks
    Bill
    01-28-14 09:53 AM
    Options / security / security status information view IT policy.
    01-28-14 10:05 AM