I've already changed the settings under the message icon>options>message display actions>days to keep messages>forever. Why are my messages deleting themselves? I have plenty of storage! I don't understand what am I missing Help??
    11-20-11 09:11 PM
    Im having exactly the same problem. I tried to free up some 'extra memory' such as the chinese, japanese etc font support. I deleted some texts which I didn't need and since then (hit wood) the sms problem kind of went away.
    I have no idea what's causing this...I've even started a thread on it here in the forums not that long ago. I'm hoping a OS update will fix this!
    11-21-11 05:03 AM
    how many sms messages do you have? I read somewhere in these threads that that there seems to be a limit - like 20,000 or so? cant remember. So if you have reached that number, texts will be dleted automatically, unless you free up some "space" for new messages...
    11-21-11 11:16 AM
    I have about 2,000 or so..I would imagine if it reached a certain limit it would either tell me or would start deleting some.
    I usually delete my emails once read so I have about 25 emails still left in my inbox. Back when I had my bold 9780 I have over 3,000 texts and over 600 emails on my device and I wasnt having the deleted sms issue....any thoughts on a fix?
    11-21-11 07:13 PM
    Hmm, on the contrary, some old messages from my old 8520 that I restored into this phone kept recurring up, like they just appear top of the message list for no reason... Weird phone...
    If it wasn't for all these tiny flaws, this would have been one of the best phone RIM produced!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-11 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD