Hi Everybody

I just returned to the fold and bought my shiny new 9900 off of ebay. The problem is when I go to set up my e-mail it's still for enterprise. How can I change this over to non-enterprise. Is it called bes?

Thanks. Any help would be much appreciated.
    02-09-12 06:40 PM
    Download the blackberry desktop software and install it.

Plug your blackberry into your PC.

If the blackberry desktop software opens, you can close it.

Go to a command prompt window

Type CD\ and hit the return key.

Type c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe /resettofactory

Press the return key.

This will completely wipe the blackberry and remove the BES association. It will be like you just got it out of the box.
    02-09-12 06:51 PM
    Are you sure the phone was on Bes before? Or maybe you get the activate Bes because you haven't registered under BIS yet?

Go under options > advanced options> Host routing table> register now, after a few minutes from when you get the message of registration, you should be able to set up you email addresses.

I f that is not the case then you have to remove the I.T. Policy as it is explained here
    http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...lackberry-569/
    Last edited by albertinik; 02-09-12 at 06:57 PM.
    02-09-12 06:54 PM
    Download the blackberry desktop software and install it.

Plug your blackberry into your PC.

If the blackberry desktop software opens, you can close it.

Go to a command prompt window

Type CD\ and hit the return key.

Type c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe /resettofactory

Press the return key.

This will completely wipe the blackberry and remove the BES association. It will be like you just got it out of the box.
    Factory reset or a full wipe won't remove I.T. Policy of BES it is something far deeper then a simple wipe
    02-09-12 06:56 PM
    Ok thanks everybody. I have done a few factory resets and it still won't go through. You know since I'm a man I'm stubborn and asking my fellow crackberry addicts was my last resort. Albertinik....that might be the key. I just followed those instructions and I'll let you know.
    02-09-12 07:00 PM
    Factory reset or a full wipe won't remove I.T. Policy of BES it is something far deeper then a simple wipe
    I do it all the time. It works. Give it a try.
    02-09-12 07:05 PM
    Hey Everbody

It looks like T-mobile didn't complete my request when I changed my plan from an android plan back to a blackberry one.

Of course it was something so silly! I have been working on this for the last 2 hours!!

Thanks again though.
    02-09-12 07:20 PM
    Shake is right - loader.exe/resettofactory WILL remove all IT polices from the device.
    02-09-12 08:47 PM
    A device wipe and reset to factory aren't the same thing.

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2012/...rry-it-policy/
    02-10-12 12:03 AM
    I had to wipe the OS using JLCmder and reinstall the OS from scratch. Took a tiny bit longer but worked great.

posted using Tapatalk
    02-10-12 02:19 AM
    Shake is right - loader.exe/resettofactory WILL remove all IT polices from the device.
    Way back on OS 4.x, you needed to edit the registry and get the policy.bin file, but that is no longer true. Loader.exe /resettofactory does the job.
    02-10-12 08:20 AM
    Way back on OS 4.x, you needed to edit the registry and get the policy.bin file, but that is no longer true. Loader.exe /resettofactory does the job.
    Actually, it didn't for me. I think it had something to do with the settings and policy that my former employer had pushed to the device. That is why I did the OS wipe and install.

posted using Tapatalk
    02-10-12 01:16 PM
    It doesn't sound like the device is "still for enterprise". It sounds like the OP does not have an active BlackBerry Data Plan for the device which is resulting in the personal email setup option not showing.
    02-10-12 07:25 PM
    Actually, it didn't for me. I think it had something to do with the settings and policy that my former employer had pushed to the device. That is why I did the OS wipe and install.

posted using Tapatalk
    Not possible - a wipe and re-install won't remove a BES policy. Only a factory reset using loader.exe can remove the policy, from a device level. BES policies can also be removed by the BES admin through an IT policy...but a wipe and re-install...that won't remove a BES IT policy, or a device lock password either. BES It policies most often will not interfere with the device operation, unless the policy specifies more security than the default BES policy.
    02-10-12 10:05 PM
    Not possible - a wipe and re-install won't remove a BES policy. Only a factory reset using loader.exe can remove the policy, from a device level. BES policies can also be removed by the BES admin through an IT policy...but a wipe and re-install...that won't remove a BES IT policy, or a device lock password either. BES It policies most often will not interfere with the device operation, unless the policy specifies more security than the default BES policy.
    Well not to argue, but I know what I did and it worked.

posted using Tapatalk
    02-11-12 02:53 AM
    Well not to argue, but I know what I did and it worked.

posted using Tapatalk
    Okay, back from fantasyland... The whole point of this thread was to help the OP resolve their issue. I misunderstood his issue, but if someone ever does run into the BES IT policy problem, they can do a search and find it here (or 20 other places).
    02-11-12 08:04 AM
    I did all the steps and it is still requesting to be activated with the enterprise
    09-09-13 02:32 PM
    I did all the steps and it is still requesting to be activated with the enterprise
    Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan (BIS) active on your account for the device?
    09-09-13 04:38 PM
    For the last freaking time -__- !!!!

Open BB Desktop Manager !
    Connect that damn phone at the pc let it do whatever after its connected to the desktop manager go to HELP - Support Resources - Support Tools - Factory Reset !
    It is so easy !
    If its not working just donate it to me ^_^

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 bold using my tongue
    09-09-13 04:40 PM
    Did that and still not able to setup emails or have access to BBM
    09-10-13 02:24 AM
    Did that and still not able to setup emails or have access to BBM
    Are you sure you followed my steps ?
    PM me

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 bold using my tongue
    09-10-13 03:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD