im haveing trouble updateing to the latest leaked os ive never had trouble doing this before till this one i downloaded the os and installed on pc and restarted pc andconnected my bold but nothing comes up to say update aviliable what am i doing wrong its always worked before?
    06-30-12 12:38 PM
    Search vendor.xml and delete it, there may be 1/2 instances...
    Use Loader.exe to update...
    06-30-12 12:46 PM
    im haveing trouble updateing to the latest leaked os ive never had trouble doing this before till this one i downloaded the os and installed on pc and restarted pc andconnected my bold but nothing comes up to say update aviliable what am i doing wrong its always worked before?
    From the steps you list it seems that you have forgotten to delete the Vendor.xml files
    06-30-12 12:47 PM
    sorry i forgot to mention i did delete the vendor. file aswell i always delete it anything else i could try ? what does the loader.exe do ?
    06-30-12 12:49 PM
    Enable hidden files and folders. Then search for vendor.xml. One is in the usual place and the other in users.........
    06-30-12 12:51 PM
    When I installed this OS, I found only one Vendor file. But that has been the case for me, for every OS that I have installed. Several other users have found 2 Vendor Files (I am beginning to think it is dependent on the computer's OS. I am running Windows XP).

Look for the other one as suggested, if unable to find it -

- Delete OS from your computer (this and any old ones you may have still installed on your computer).
    - Delete BlackBerry Desktop Manager from your computer.
    - Run registry cleaner / CC cleaner.
    - Restart computer.
    - Install BlackBerry Desktop Manager on the computer.
    - Install OS on the computer.
    - Locate and delete Vendor File(s) on the computer.
    - Connect BlackBerry Device to your computer.
    - Update.
    06-30-12 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD