Hey guys I thought I'd finally join crackberry after reading your posts for awhile, as I finally need help...

I decided to upgrade my 9780 bold to the 9900 bold 3 weeks ago, I LOVED the new design but with it always freezing I knew there was something wrong with it since day 1...

2 days ago as I was bbm'ing my boyfriend, it froze, after 5 minutes of waiting I decided to do the battery pull thinking everything would be solved. its bricked i think. or maybe I nuked it?

Once I turned it on again it kept freezing halfway on the blackberry loading page, the bar just wouldn't move, so thats when I decided to come here an look for answers, Im not that great with technology but I managed to download blackberry desktop manager for my MAC , it read the device and asked to repair it....after several attempts it did the trick and the phone came back alive! this time, seemingly wiped... when I noticed I had my bbm and all my contacts still there I immediately began to msg my boyfriend again, thats when it froze again and HAS BEEN DEAD SINCE

now I ended up getting my windows PC from the closet, did the whole BBSAK thing but then it couldn't recognize my black screen device. then I decided to still try the app loader thing everyone raves about, no luck. it kept going blank after i put my device password in, it doesn't start fixing my phone, everything goes grey and it lets me know I don't have the software or something like that... please help me! I'm at a loss for what to do!
    04-30-12 12:13 AM
    I'm sorry to hear that you are having issue with your device. If DM is telling you that you don't have a software, you probably need to do an OS re-install. You can get the latest OS for your device directly from your carrier website nor blackberry.com
    04-30-12 12:26 AM
    I have an unlocked phone now if it makes any difference and I just downloaded OS 7 again via blackberry site but how do I reload it?
    04-30-12 01:17 AM
    I have an unlocked phone now if it makes any difference and I just downloaded OS 7 again via blackberry site but how do I reload it?
    Use loader.exe remove the vendor.xml file before running loader.
    04-30-12 01:28 AM
    blackberry desktop software freezes while loading the new software halfway... it says failed
    04-30-12 01:54 AM
    I've also uninstalled and reinstalled blackberry desktop software and I've done loader and removed vendor and it goes grey after i get to the usb unknown thing and click next it will go GREY and not work, help!
    04-30-12 01:55 AM
    Is your password lock enabled? If so, try to disable it and try loading the os again.
    04-30-12 03:42 AM
    sorry I'm confused... my phone DOES NOT turn on anymore! but it snot a battery thing! can I disable it through my computer?
    04-30-12 06:21 AM
    guys I really need your help! i tried wiping the device but it won't recognize the device, however DM recognizes the device it just fails when it tries to repair and reload the os 7... and when I go through app loader it goes grey and blank, please help me I've been crying all night....i just bought this phone and its already garbage
    04-30-12 06:28 AM
    Compose yourself , its not the end of the world , bad comes to worse just go to where you bought it and tell them to fix it , its quick and easy , if you are fearful of doing this process yourself... then... >

Second of all , it seems you might loose ur contacts , unless you did a backup using DM before , if you did , then it should be located here - > C:\Users\<user name> \Documents\BlackBerry\Backup, In the following process I am going to tell you do uninstall DM , because it gave me trouble also , So first go to the directory I mentioned here , and copy all the files you find and keep it in on ur desktop , then go ahead and uninstall DM then... >

1. Uninstall DM from your computer - and restart

2. Go to your program manager on windows pc - Start > Control Panel > Program and Features > Blackberry Device Software 7.1.0... ( Uninstall it)

Restart Computer.

3. Use BBSAK to wipe device

4. Download https://www.threesixty.my/direct/dow.../vendelete.zip and keep on desktop

5. Download https://www.threesixty.my/direct/dow...S7.1.0.342.exe ( when you go to the site , it will tell you some warning mesage , Ignore it and download it , ( i personally have done it , and this is from a famous forum in malaysia) ( then you must double click the file and install the os)

6. - Follow this procedure

INTRO 3) Don't forget your BlackBerry Apps World / BlackBerry Protect username & password.

Safest step-by-step starts now:

5) Go to (C --- Program Files --- Common Files --- Research In Motion --- Apploader --- DELETE vendor.xml (bottom file)

6) Go to control panel --- Folder options --- Show hidden file.

7) Go to (C --- Users --- [your computer name] --- AppData --- Roaming --- Research in Motion --- BlackBerry --- Loader XML --- DELETE vendor.xml

8) Instal JL_Cmder (any version will do, depends on your PC / Laptop)

9) Open JL_Cmder, connect your phone with USB, press any key to continue.

10) Password, yes or no. Press enter.

11) Type / choose number 4 to wipe, and wait until your phone TOTALLY EMPTY. (white screen and it will shows error)

12) Go to (C --- Program Files --- Common Files --- Research In Motion --- Apploader --- RUN LOADER.EXE

13) Choose any file u want to install. Take basic only such as BBM, APP WORLD, and so on. Click next next and wait the installation to begin and finish.

14) After watching the start up video, open BBDM, plug USB to your phone, wait for it to be connected, click DEVICE, choose RESTORE. Actually it's up to you to tick ALL / CHOOSE. I prefer to CHOOSE certain file to be restored, example: BIS, BBM, BB GROUPS, TEXT, SMS, MMS, SETTINGS, OPTIONS, SOUNDS only.

15) Lastly, download these apps
    BBM 6.1 - http://www.blackberry.com/messenger
    Sixtools - http://www.threesixty.my/download.php
    MemBoo - search memory booster via apps world
    QuickPull - search quickpull via apps world

16) SETTLE!!!!! Thank you, Thank you!

creds - LATEST STABLE BLACKBERRY OS & SOLUTIONS

Ask ur boyfriend or a male to help you , dont get me wrong women are far more intelligent then men in every sphere , its just you seem that you're not familiar with pc stuff, so find some guy who is into tech stuff.

Hope this helps , lets us know how it turns out
    Last edited by phatmaan; 04-30-12 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Typos
    niki982 likes this.
    04-30-12 06:54 AM
    Oh and then when ur finished , re install blackberry DM , and inside DM you must choose restore device, there you must put in the location where stored the blackberry files. as I mentioned earlier in the post
    04-30-12 06:56 AM
    are you sure this is going to work, I've already tried jl cdmr and guess what! nothing! it went back to the menu, and bbsak couldn't recognize my phone, I even changed the power setting to the ports like what was suggested in some posts but NOPE, nothing! i swear I'm making it worse..
    04-30-12 07:16 AM
    Excuse me for saying this,but it sounds like you don't know what you're doing, you've already said you're not great with technology. I would take the phone back to where you bought it or call CS for help. Good luck.
    04-30-12 08:07 AM
    NOT happening. its unlocked and has NO warranty. CANT take it back.
    04-30-12 08:29 AM
    If you follow the directions on this link, it should work. It will be frustrating and will probably take several attempts, but it did work for me. http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ed-blackberry/

Everything you will need is in the article. Good luck.
    04-30-12 08:50 AM
    If you follow the directions on this link, it should work. It will be frustrating and will probably take several attempts, but it did work for me. http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ed-blackberry/

Everything you will need is in the article. Good luck.
    +1 I have used this before and it worked for me.
    04-30-12 09:27 AM
    ugh this is useless thanks but I'm not that technically ********. that article is the FIRST thing I've done. its frozen on reconnecting to jvm now... can't wipe the device either on BBSAK or JL_Cmder. its literally a goner.
    04-30-12 11:44 PM
    ugh this is useless thanks but I'm not that technically ********. that article is the FIRST thing I've done. its frozen on reconnecting to jvm now... can't wipe the device either on BBSAK or JL_Cmder. its literally a goner.
    If your phone is talking to the pc, then it's not dead. Read the steps in the link in the previous post. If you can see your phone connecting to the PC, you should be able to restore it.
    04-30-12 11:56 PM
    it won't turn on at all but why is the computer saying the phone is stuck on reconnecting to jvm then? I know a lot of people that have had this problem and it went unresolved. if i return the phone to rogers i know the warranty will be invalid because its an unlocked phone now. but will they notice? can i get away with it? maybe i should make another thread about this...
    05-01-12 12:45 AM
    Hi Crackberry, same problem with my 9930 it is stuck in a boot loop, BBSAK wont recognize the phone, so the WIPE feature wont work. When you hook it up to Windows PC, the Pin number shows up and it goes off and on (stuck in the boot cycle) I sent it for repairs, and the repair company said the firmware is fine, but no one seems to know how to delete the corrupt/bad software. It will try to load a new OS but fails half way thru, cant find JVM , Pulling the battery , while trying to get it load OS does nothing. I am afraid I have a lovely shiny paper weight, with a black screen, and blinking red light, but not a working phone. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, my i- phone buddys are busting my chops, about BB means POS, so a solution, would be wonderful. thanks Director 447
    niki982 likes this.
    05-01-12 03:50 AM
    it won't turn on at all but why is the computer saying the phone is stuck on reconnecting to jvm then? I know a lot of people that have had this problem and it went unresolved. if i return the phone to rogers i know the warranty will be invalid because its an unlocked phone now. but will they notice? can i get away with it? maybe i should make another thread about this...
    The phone is not dead, it's just not booting up properly. It's bricked. You have two options. Either debrick it yourself by following the instructions on the link that has been referenced several times, or return it to Rogers. I don't know if they can invalidate your warranty for unlocking it. I don't see how they could, but Rogers isn't called Robbers for no reason. If you just got it, it should be covered by warranty. If they don't ask about it being unlocked, don't say anything. Good luck.
    05-01-12 07:48 AM
    i repeat the instructions are NOT working because it gets stuck at "reconnecting to jvm" the final phase, prior I've tried wiping it with many different programs and even downloaded and re installed several times the DM and different OS'.....PEOPLE THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THOSE INSTRUCTIONS HAVE FAILED!!! its is not always the solution! search your forums and take alook at "reconnecting to jvm error" !!!! I must now try and get around my warranty! thanks for your time and help anyway! greatly appreciated
    05-01-12 08:00 AM
    director 447, yes i have the same problem! it is the app loader error, I believe it may be something with the battery because now mine isn't booting at all. try trying it with a replacement battery just incase. oh FYI mine never was stuck in a boot cycle it was always recognized by the DM and app loader. just have corrupted un-wipeable software I presume. thanks anyways, good luck!
    05-01-12 08:05 AM
    i repeat the instructions are NOT working because it gets stuck at "reconnecting to jvm" the final phase, prior I've tried wiping it with many different programs and even downloaded and re installed several times the DM and different OS'.....PEOPLE THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THOSE INSTRUCTIONS HAVE FAILED!!! its is not always the solution! search your forums and take alook at "reconnecting to jvm error" !!!! I must now try and get around my warranty! thanks for your time and help anyway! greatly appreciated
    Unless someone else has a better idea, you should try and return the phone. Since it's new and you weren't doing anything to it, you should be able to get a replacement. Try posting on blackberryforums.com. Maybe someone there has an idea.
    05-01-12 08:18 AM
    They won't know u unlocked it!
    05-01-12 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD