hey , i have bb 9900 and today i change my sim And have a screen of bbid that says to me to enter my password of my bbid, how do I turn off the bbid? I want to go abroad and use prepaid sim
    i have 9900 7.0.0.540
    05-13-12 05:49 PM
    Make a BBID and you can continue.
    05-13-12 05:51 PM
    Make a BBID and you can continue.
    But if I insert Sim that have not a BlackBerry service , that will work?
    05-13-12 05:58 PM
    Yes, it should work though but i'm not very sure about it. But why not try it out yourself?
    05-13-12 06:00 PM
    But if I insert Sim that have not a BlackBerry service , that will work?

It should work but obviously you won't have access to BB services.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-13-12 06:39 PM
    I don't know for certain what will happen. My advice is, if you can, experiment with a SIM now that doesn't have a BlackBerry data plan associated with it. See what happens.

What I think will happen is the device won't be able to even log you in with your BlackBerry ID because it doesn't have a connection to RIM's infrastructure. But you aren't using BlackBerry data anyway, so if you can cancel BlackBerry ID login at some point and just use the phone, then you will be good. I expect that you will be able to cancel the login. But best to confirm now before you travel.
    05-13-12 06:53 PM
    You will need to experiment for yourself, but I think if you ensure you have a wifi connection before switching SIMs, it should log you in. I switch between a 9900 and 9810. I can boot the phone without the SIM in it and it will allow me to put in my BBID password. In that case I am not sure if it is going over the internet using my saved wifi profile or if it just validated the password on the phone. From reading posts from frequent travelers, I think you need to ensure you have the phone on a wifi source before switching to a SIM that does not have BlackBerry Data on it.

Be warned that if there is a BBID set on the phone, you will need to put in the correct password and have a Internet connection to verify it, otherwise the phone will do a security wipe.

As for removing the BBID, you will have to do a security wipe and then when it asks for a BBID, chose skip, but you will not be able to use any programs that require a BBID, such as AppWorld. A work around would be to ota load your programs through sites like rroyy.com.
    Last edited by robsteve; 05-14-12 at 06:37 AM.
    05-13-12 08:04 PM
    You will need to experiment for yourself, but I think if you ensure you have a wifi connection before switching SIMs, it should log you in. I switch between a 9900 and 9810. I can boot the phone without the SIM in it and it will allow me to put in my BBID password. In that case I am not sure if it is going over the internet using my saved wifi profile or if it just validated the password on the phone. From reading posts from frequent travelers, I think you need to ensure you have the phone on a wifi source before switching to a SIM that does not have BlackBerry Data on it.

Be warned that if there is a BBID set on the phone, you will need to put in the correct password and have a Internet connection to verify it, otherwise the phone will do a security wipe.

As for removing the BBID, you will have to do a security wipe and then when it asks for a BBID, chose skip, but you will not be able to use any programs that require a BBID, such as AppWorld. A work around would be to ota load your programs through sites like rroyy.com.
    Good info. Thanks. (No thanks button on the mobile page.)
    05-14-12 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD