1. kemj's Avatar
    So I'm trying to upgrade my 9900 from 7.1.0.206 to 7.1.0.402. I've done these things many times before... This time is different. I connect the phone, after a minute or two it connects to the DM. The DM tells that there's a new bundle to install, I click "Get Update" the back up process begins but freezes at the start. After loong minutes, I interrupt the process, disconnect the phone, close the DM and start over, but this time the DM won't connect to the phone, at least not until I reboot the phone. DM then connects to the phone and begin all the process again but freezes again... The thing is that the issue is only with the Bold because I connect the PlayBook and everything works fine...

    Any suggestion? The Bold runs the OS v7.1.0.206 since long time ago and it works perfect, but I wanted to give it a try to the last leak...
    04-22-12 03:23 PM
  2. SwitchBeach's Avatar
    Have you tried using the AppLoader (loader.exe) instead?
    04-22-12 04:18 PM
  3. kemj's Avatar
    Have you tried using the AppLoader (loader.exe) instead?
    I did, but once, because it got stuck "connecting to the device" too
    04-22-12 09:42 PM
  4. stefankar's Avatar
    Have you tried BBSAK? Sometimes I find it better to wipe the device entirely and do a clean install of the new OS then re download all my apps. Bit of work involved but worth the effort. Make sure BBSAK recognized the new OS before you wipe the device if you go that route. You can import your contacts and settings from DM after
    04-23-12 09:17 AM
  5. starchit's Avatar
    I had the same problem and it turned out to be a driver update within Windows XP(sp3). My problem was resolved by rolling back the driver to the previous version.
    04-23-12 09:46 AM
  6. daysleeper24's Avatar
    I had the same problem and it turned out to be a driver update within Windows XP(sp3). My problem was resolved by rolling back the driver to the previous version.
    Hey starchit, which driver did you roll back? I'm using Win7 64bit though,but I'm having the same problem as kemj right now.
    04-23-12 09:49 AM
  7. starchit's Avatar
    Just checked in Device Manager and the driver that works for me is v4.2.0.14. If that's not your drive, I downloaded it a while back from the Blackberry website (sorry I don't have the link for you). Another thing you can try is disconnecting any other "removable drives" and have "Blackberry Smartphone" as the only removable drive detected by Windows.
    04-23-12 01:30 PM
  8. daysleeper24's Avatar
    Thanks for the help starchit. Didn't seem like the driver was my problem. Glad to have that ruled out though. I got it to connect eventually,but I had to experiment with different "timings" until I finally got it right. o_O

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-02-12 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD