im trying to increase battery life and performance, and im just wondering. should i get a playbook charger or a nokia charger?
    also can you put a link of each in(for uk)
    many thanks
    01-07-12 08:00 AM
    I personally find that the Playbook charger charges the device very fast but I'm not to sure if it effects the long term performance of the battery.
    01-07-12 08:24 AM
    i dont mind buying a new battery every so often. i think its good because they start going dying sooner or later, so i like to get a new battery every so often.
    01-07-12 09:45 AM
    is there 2 different chargers? a normal playbook charger and a rapid playbook charger?
    01-07-12 10:23 AM
    is there 2 different chargers? a normal playbook charger and a rapid playbook charger?
    There ARE at least three: normal,premium,and rapid with magnetic port. First two will work with phones and are listed as compatable by RIM.
    01-08-12 02:14 AM
    The charger has NO affect on how your battery performs. Anyone who says differently is blowing smoke. If you think it increases your battery performance it's in your head. The stock OEM charger for your BB is all that is needed. Don't know why this keeps coming up over and over.
    pcgizmo#IM likes this.
    01-08-12 12:34 PM
    It keeps coming up because many of us have found it does make a difference.

Made a difference on my old curve too, I just didn't realize that is what it was - I always used my old motorola chargers (550mA) because I got a better charge. Works with the Bold too.
    01-09-12 05:54 AM
    i use a nokia, stock or playbook charger. whatever is closest to me without the need to exert extra effort. cannot really find any real difference. i put the network to 2g when i know i will be desperately overusing it and i have finally let the whole battery issue thing not worry me anymore. an extra battery or add-on usb battery helps in those times you just need that extra juice.

meant to get on this forum again but been having bb problems for 4 days now and after numerous calls to my carrier (it's not my phone it's my sim over and over again) they did something to resolve it internally.
    01-10-12 07:30 AM
    The charger has NO affect on how your battery performs. Anyone who says differently is blowing smoke. If you think it increases your battery performance it's in your head. The stock OEM charger for your BB is all that is needed. Don't know why this keeps coming up over and over.
    +1 the charger RIM provides in the box works well.
    01-10-12 07:34 AM
    Playbook charger works great, with the advantage being that it will charge the battery faster than stock 9900 charger - it will not have an effect on performance.
    vedwardsiii likes this.
    01-10-12 09:51 AM
    Playbook charger works great, with the advantage being that it will charge the battery faster than stock 9900 charger - it will not have an effect on performance.
    agreed, this is what i have experienced as well. charges faster but could not be related to better performance.
    01-10-12 11:57 AM
    It keeps coming up because many of us have found it does make a difference.

Made a difference on my old curve too, I just didn't realize that is what it was - I always used my old motorola chargers (550mA) because I got a better charge. Works with the Bold too.
    If you want to think that be my guest. Great read...

Charging Lithium-Ion Batteries

The so-called miracle charger that promises to prolong battery life and methods that pump extra capacity into the cell do not exist here. Li-ion is a �clean� system and only takes what it can absorb. Anything extra causes stress.

Rapid charging can actually be detrimental to battery performance. I'd stay away from the Playbook charger...just my .02.
    01-10-12 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD