08-11-11 07:09 PM
32 12
tools
    Warning: contents include rants! If you cannot stand rants, please quietly exit

Okay, so the deal is, in my hand right now is NOT a blackberry bold 9900. Are you kidding me? I have been dreaming about this phone for some time now and after two days release this phone is still NOT IN MY HANDS!! (Buying the bold 9900 outright by the way)

I own an iPhone 3GS, HTC Desire and is currently trying to upgrade to a bold 9900. Mind you, I live in dear Canada where we lost the Stanley cup. Anyways, I have never bought a phone in Canada before because it is NOT worth the hassle. All of previous phones have been bought unlocked in Europe just because I can safely go in a store and pay outright without arguing about a stupid contract. I have money, you have phone, done deal.

To move on, I'm gonna tell you why I hate RIM right now. First of all, what is f***king wrong with you and your management. Do NOT make consumers wait 4 months for a device everyone wants. People will forget you, its a fact. Second of all, why are you not promoting your devices. I had NO idea when Rogers or Telus or Bell release or released the devices. I had to go crackberry instead of watching ADs everywhere. I blame the carriers and RIM for that. Are you kidding me? This is why you will never be in the same element as Android of iPhones. iPhones have the hype wagon and people LINE up blocks and blocks away because it takes 2 weeks to release the phone on a yearly basis and they have a clear date. Androids dominate because there's so much varieties it almost drowns you.

Okay, so yesterday I realized Bell released the Bold 9900. After making atleast 30 calls, I became fustrated. I made calls to futureshop, best buy, wireless wave, wireless etc, rogers, bell, telus, virgin mobile, you name it. EVERYONE said either their system was down or sold out, no stock, never recieved it, not even released, or cannot outright sell the bold. Are you f***king bull***ting me? Don't fool me, I ain't ********.

So anyways, I finally got a store (wireless etc) to reserve a phone for me as the sales representative told me they can sell it to me tomorrow OUTRIGHT. So yesterday, I couldn't sleep or stop thinking about the new bold in my hands tomorrow. I woke up today, 8o clock in the morning, waited 2 hours and went to the store. The guy told me he can't sell it to me because they're server was down and they can't sell me outright regardless. Are you f***king joking? I have the MONEY in my pocket. Just hand over the damn phone you ******.

Then I gave up and went to Bell. All of the stores told me they cannot sell me outright for the phone unless I go on a month to month basis activating an account for 35$ PLUS atleast two months payment and then cancelling it 30 days prior. That totals to 50$ + 50$ + 35$. I'm already paying 50$ more than Rogers for your stupid phone, why should I add another 135$ for your service that I CLEARLY DON'T NEED OR WANT?

I'm paying 135$ + 50$ more from rogers = 185$ to get rid of a Rogers logo and splash screen for Bell's model. Okay I must be stupid to pay that much for a PHONE!!

On to rogers, I called atleast 10 stores after and NO ONE PICKED UP. Is everyone f***king dead there? It is 11:30 am. Its time to wake up and go to work Rogers. Are you kidding me? I don't even know if I should buy a rogers model. The logo and spash screen sicken me.

Anyways, I just think that its so difficult to buy a simple phone outright. I don't want a plan or anything. I just want a phone. Why is that so hard? Why is it so easy in Europe? I just hand over the money, and they give me a phone. If only they had 3G bands here that work with my carrier, I'd fly there for a vacation and buy the phone in a heartbeat.

I love blackberries, I am a fanboy. But buying the bold disgusts me. It should be as easy as walking to the closest store and paying it outright and going home with the phone in my hand. Not calling each store from all over the place across cities to find a stupid phone. I don't even know if I should get a bold 9900. I'm going to try Rogers but I'm not holding my breath.

If the world collapsed and I became CEO of one of the only food supply company(s), I would ration my food like Rogers or Bell. For every Rogers or Bell or Telus employee/ owner, they would have to buy my products in bulk and sign a 3 year contract. If you want a pack of salt? Sure, sign a 3 year contract for my company and you have to pay on a monthly basis for salt each month for a total of 36 months. You want just one pack of salt? Get out of my shop!

Thank you for listening to my rant. I feel slightly better. I would feel ecstatic if the bold was in my hand right now though.
    monsky1956 likes this.
    08-11-11 03:00 PM
    Warning: contents include rants! If you cannot stand rants, please quietly exit..........

..................Thank you for listening to my rant. I feel slightly better. I would feel ecstatic if the bold was in my hand right now though.

callmmmmmmmmmmmm down
    Last edited by dsquared2; 08-11-11 at 03:35 PM.
    08-11-11 03:01 PM
    I'm picking mine up tonight from a Future Shop that's holding a Rogers one for me.

It shall be great.
    08-11-11 03:04 PM
    Why quote all that... Jeez...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-11 03:20 PM
    Yea, you need a psychiatrist.
    08-11-11 03:22 PM
    ibtl..... cuz it's gonna happen
    08-11-11 03:24 PM
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    08-11-11 03:27 PM
    Entertaining rant, i'd like to hear some recorded phone calls with you giving them ****, good luck in getting your hands on a bold. You think thats bull****? Try being a verizon customer.
    08-11-11 03:27 PM
    That was utterly briliant! And I think, very nicely, sums up the "quality" of the customer service that is available in Canada through Rogers and Bell and certainly RIM. Love it!
    08-11-11 03:34 PM
    I don't understand? I walked into Bell yesterday at Yorkdale Mall. Said hi I'm a Bell customer and I would like to buy the phone outright. The rep said ok. End of transaction. Why are people finding it so hard to buy phones?
    08-11-11 03:35 PM
    PISSED off and dissapointed!!!!
    Umm that's an understatement. It is a phone. I cannot imagine what you would do if you get your 9900 and it wont turn on, your keyboard falls off, or some other defect. Also I am not sure any of this is RIM's fault. Okay maybe just a little. Good luck OP. I think you need it more than any of us...
    08-11-11 03:36 PM
    Have you tired a Rogers authorized dealer? not the "plus" stores or "wireless stores". I purchased 3 phone in the past two days. 2 9900 and 1 9810 all from an authorized dealer in Toronto with out a contract.

If you live in Toronto I'll give the name and address of the dealer.
    08-11-11 03:36 PM
    Wow, where in Canada do you exactly live?

I went to Rogers and got the phone. Got the last one in stock actually.Bought it outright no problem.

I see your with Fido, Rogers and Fido are the same company. Call Rogers customer care and talk to them, worse case they will ship the Bold to you.
    08-11-11 03:42 PM
    Step back and ask yourself this, Why am I letting a phone that will be outdated and replaced by a newer model in 6 months get my panties in such a twist. Its a freakin phone buddy.
    08-11-11 03:49 PM
    only store in all of edmonton area with a 9900 for the last two days was serwood park rogers plus on fir st. sold outright for cash. every other rogers store i called, pretty much all of them including leduc and a couple in calgary, either hadnt heard of blackberry before or didnt receive stock.

rogers 9900 doesnt have any logo on it, and the splash screen lasts 5 seconds. not really worth the extra dough to go somewhere else.
    08-11-11 03:51 PM
    Welcome to Canada.
    Where you drink milk out of a bag...and buy beer only from "the Beer Store".
    08-11-11 03:53 PM
    you noticed that normally when you post something good you get "likes" and "thanks"? I only read about 15 words because I know once you get laid you may simmer down about 15,000 knotches. I just submitted a request to the moderators to add a "Boohoo" button. I'm not sure how typing your feelings to a bunch of non caring, back stabbing, flame nazis is going to help your mood. I am going to join along with everybody else and give you a really big thumbs down!
    08-11-11 03:55 PM

Seriously. Someone get this kid a helmet! Who lit the fuse on your tampon?
    Breathe in.
    Breathe out.
    Breathe in.
    Breathe out.
    Enhance your calm.
    08-11-11 03:56 PM

Okay, so the deal is, in my hand right now is NOT a blackberry bold 9900. Are you kidding me? I have been dreaming about this phone for some time now and after two days release this phone is still NOT IN MY HANDS!! (Buying the bold 9900 outright by the way)

I own an iPhone 3GS, HTC Desire and is currently trying to upgrade to a bold 9900. Mind you, I live in dear Canada where we lost the Stanley cup. Anyways, I have never bought a phone in Canada before because it is NOT worth the hassle. All of previous phones have been bought unlocked in Europe just because I can safely go in a store and pay outright without arguing about a stupid contract. I have money, you have phone, done deal.

To move on, I'm gonna tell you why I hate RIM right now. First of all, what is f***king wrong with you and your management. Do NOT make consumers wait 4 months for a device everyone wants. People will forget you, its a fact. Second of all, why are you not promoting your devices. I had NO idea when Rogers or Telus or Bell release or released the devices. I had to go crackberry instead of watching ADs everywhere. I blame the carriers and RIM for that. Are you kidding me? This is why you will never be in the same element as Android of iPhones. iPhones have the hype wagon and people LINE up blocks and blocks away because it takes 2 weeks to release the phone on a yearly basis and they have a clear date. Androids dominate because there's so much varieties it almost drowns you.

Okay, so yesterday I realized Bell released the Bold 9900. After making atleast 30 calls, I became fustrated. I made calls to futureshop, best buy, wireless wave, wireless etc, rogers, bell, telus, virgin mobile, you name it. EVERYONE said either their system was down or sold out, no stock, never recieved it, not even released, or cannot outright sell the bold. Are you f***king bull***ting me? Don't fool me, I ain't ********.

So anyways, I finally got a store (wireless etc) to reserve a phone for me as the sales representative told me they can sell it to me tomorrow OUTRIGHT. So yesterday, I couldn't sleep or stop thinking about the new bold in my hands tomorrow. I woke up today, 8o clock in the morning, waited 2 hours and went to the store. The guy told me he can't sell it to me because they're server was down and they can't sell me outright regardless. Are you f***king joking? I have the MONEY in my pocket. Just hand over the damn phone you ******.

Then I gave up and went to Bell. All of the stores told me they cannot sell me outright for the phone unless I go on a month to month basis activating an account for 35$ PLUS atleast two months payment and then cancelling it 30 days prior. That totals to 50$ + 50$ + 35$. I'm already paying 50$ more than Rogers for your stupid phone, why should I add another 135$ for your service that I CLEARLY DON'T NEED OR WANT?

I'm paying 135$ + 50$ more from rogers = 185$ to get rid of a Rogers logo and splash screen for Bell's model. Okay I must be stupid to pay that much for a PHONE!!

On to rogers, I called atleast 10 stores after and NO ONE PICKED UP. Is everyone f***king dead there? It is 11:30 am. Its time to wake up and go to work Rogers. Are you kidding me? I don't even know if I should buy a rogers model. The logo and spash screen sicken me.

Anyways, I just think that its so difficult to buy a simple phone outright. I don't want a plan or anything. I just want a phone. Why is that so hard? Why is it so easy in Europe? I just hand over the money, and they give me a phone. If only they had 3G bands here that work with my carrier, I'd fly there for a vacation and buy the phone in a heartbeat.

I love blackberries, I am a fanboy. But buying the bold disgusts me. It should be as easy as walking to the closest store and paying it outright and going home with the phone in my hand. Not calling each store from all over the place across cities to find a stupid phone. I don't even know if I should get a bold 9900. I'm going to try Rogers but I'm not holding my breath.

If the world collapsed and I became CEO of one of the only food supply company(s), I would ration my food like Rogers or Bell. For every Rogers or Bell or Telus employee/ owner, they would have to buy my products in bulk and sign a 3 year contract. If you want a pack of salt? Sure, sign a 3 year contract for my company and you have to pay on a monthly basis for salt each month for a total of 36 months. You want just one pack of salt? Get out of my shop!

Thank you for listening to my rant. I feel slightly better. I would feel ecstatic if the bold was in my hand right now though.
    Bell will allow you to buy outright (unsubed) and give you a free SIM card for your Pay as You Go account (Which doesn't cost you anything to set up, it's just how they have to sell it) So pay for your phone, dump the free SIM, and stop ranting like a lunatic.
    08-11-11 04:47 PM

Lol. All this over a phone. You need to find a GF. Have a juice box and chill out.
    DawgMan and luqman24 like this.
    08-11-11 05:05 PM
    Yup this is a problem Ive been having, getting someone to sell off contract.

Go to Rogers Plus stores, they probably will (well some stores will).

All the stores want to sell it to you on contract so they make comission, its as simple as that. I told one o the stores, how am I supposed to get it if I renewed last year and Rogers wont ship me a phone if I cant even pay Full retail (isnt that why they have retail pricing?) Their excuse is the phone is too new. I asked what am I supposed to do then? They said try in 6 months lol

Anyways, I manged to get 10 9900s by going to multiple stores, sold them off and got my phone for free.

One thing I would recommend is buying from bestbuy.ca, and choosing the local pick up option. then you can go to your local store and pick up off contract. Its the only option online. Enjoy!
    08-11-11 05:09 PM
    Got mine at a Rogers Plus, no problem at all. Paid full price and walked out
    08-11-11 05:13 PM
    fail.

yep......fail.
    08-11-11 05:21 PM
    You are obsessed over the phone. There are things that are WAY more important than a phone.

I predict you to be unhappy in the end.
    howarmat and DawgMan like this.
    08-11-11 05:37 PM
    I'm glad you're rant made you feel slightly better.
    08-11-11 05:45 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD