I have a question for anyone who has either seen a hands on video or messed with the phone itself. I've watched a ton of videos but can never see what I'm looking for.
    Question is, when you pinch to zoom in, does the browser automatically size the enlarged text within the screen? For example in the android browser, you can zoom in till the text is huge and it will still fit it in a column view within the constraints of the screen, even if there is only a word or two per line.
    Using the web browser keeps moving up the list of things I use my phone for and that is a really awesome feature so you don't have to squint or scroll back and forth on every sentence.
    I'm trying a HTC Merge right now but I may take it back if the new browser in 7 will do this. Seems like a ridiculous make or break but I use the browser so much now-a-days.
    Thanks for any input.
    06-03-11 11:03 PM
    unfortunately, i don't have an answer to your question but the a better way to describe it is zooming with automatic word wrap.
    06-03-11 11:39 PM
    I could not come up with a good way to put it into official feature terminology but that sounds good to me! Thanks. We'll see if anyone has tried it or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-11 12:43 PM
    Anyone tried or seen this feature yet? Have a week to decide whether to keep my Merge or hold out for the 9930. Leaning toward the 9930 but this would really help the process! Thanks.
    06-15-11 11:16 PM
    The new BB phones definitely will format the web page text to fit a zoom that you indicate, the Playbook does it with a double tap on the text, and even my 9700 with OS 6.0 does it when I choose the zoom option on text on a web page. So don't worry, the new browser will definitely be as fast or faster than Android or iPhone browsers, with way less tiling than current OS 6.0 phones due to better hardware and software.

The difference between a current 5.0 or even 6.0 BB 97XX series browser will be huge, check out the Crackberry videos if you need confirmation.
    hilgerone#CB likes this.
    06-16-11 12:34 AM
    The new BB phones definitely will format the web page text to fit a zoom that you indicate, the Playbook does it with a double tap on the text, and even my 9700 with OS 6.0 does it when I choose the zoom option on text on a web page. So don't worry, the new browser will definitely be as fast or faster than Android or iPhone browsers, with way less tiling than current OS 6.0 phones due to better hardware and software.

The difference between a current 5.0 or even 6.0 BB 97XX series browser will be huge, check out the Crackberry videos if you need confirmation.
    I have a 9650 running 6 and mine does not word wrap when I zoom in via the menu zoom. It seems to when the little magnifying glass comes up on some web pages though but sometimes that doesn't get text large enough to read easily. Maybe I just need a stronger prescription...

Watching all the videos, there is no doubt that it is as fast or faster than android. I just can't seem to come across a video that shows the text wrap when using pinch to zoom.

And while I am moderately happy with my merge, it seems like a toy. And it just seems like a hodgepodge of stuff slapped together. The stock SMS application is so bad that I had to install a different one right away. Yikes.

I tried the HTC hero a year or so ago but went back to BB. Thought maybe the Merge, with much better specs, would be a better experience. And while the speed and dependability of the device is much better, I still feel like Android is a work in progress. While I like to tinker with my phone as much as the next geek, it seems like you have to tinker a lot just to get it to do basic stuff. Like good SMS, profiles, ect...
    06-16-11 02:49 PM
    The new BB phones definitely will format the web page text to fit a zoom that you indicate, the Playbook does it with a double tap on the text, and even my 9700 with OS 6.0 does it when I choose the zoom option on text on a web page.
    as stated, the PlayBook will auto-size the text when you double tap, but it will not do it when you pinch zoom.

the Torch doesn't either. the Torch has similar functionality to the PlayBook.

i imagine it will be the same for the 9900.
    hilgerone#CB likes this.
    06-16-11 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD