I've been hearing a sound notification for a pin / level 1 message but can't see a notification on the home screen (nor can I find where pin messages are stored in os7). This has been happening once a day. Has anyone else experienced this or know of how to fix this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 05:29 PM
    Try "messages" to see what pops up (I'm sure you already did that, but sometimes the obvious stuff...isn't).

Off the top of my head, my only other suggestion is check to see if there's another function in one of your sound profiles that is set to the same ring tone as your message notifier? Alternatively, if you added a custom ringtone for a specific contact, unless you select a ringtone for messages from that person it'll default to it's own selection sometimes....
    08-29-11 05:48 PM
    I was having a similar issue with emails where I'd get the notification sound and an icon in the bar but nothing was appearing in any of my messaging folders. It was an issue with my gmail filters where messages that I have set to 'skip the inbox' are still sent to my phone but (obviously, derp) don't appear in my inbox. From my email inbox I navigated Menu> View Folder > and then the appropriate email folder. Hoping there will be a way to stop or skip the notification or keep them from being pushed to my phone automatically, completely.

Also, 100th post. Yay!
    08-29-11 07:17 PM
    Strange - it always seems to happen just before I receive a whatsapp message. But happens Intermittently. I'm guessing it's a bug in the latest whatsapp version...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 01:04 PM
    <<<< Strange - it always seems to happen just before I receive a whatsapp message. But happens Intermittently. I'm guessing it's a bug in the latest whatsapp version... >>>>

I have the same problem with my bold 9900 os 7.0 bundle 2406 (v7.0.0.585)

It happens exactly when a new whatsapp message is coming

New Pin message alerts and led indicator blinks but I can't find any new message, there is no red star in any of messengers icon

I can't find any solution on internet for this issue but I thought for the moment to solve it turning off all "pin message" alerts
    Last edited by BOLD 9900 LOVER; 01-23-12 at 11:00 AM.
    01-23-12 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD