Since there's so much fuss over the camera on the 99xx. Would anyone like to post pictures they've taken with their new Bold?

Here are some I took on the way home this evening. Taken from the car on a highway. I know this shouldn't be done but I couldn't resist. Who can resist a Haboob?
    08-18-11 09:15 PM
    This are definitely not bat at all. Problem is, you will notice the blur with shots of closer objects, could you post some of those too?
    08-18-11 09:37 PM
    My camera Works fine outdoors but All my indoor shots are grainy. On the phone with Rim now they think I have corrupt software we are trying to fix now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 09:44 PM
    Thanks for starting this thread, i definitely wanna see pictures from this super device.
    Let them come more!
    Please share people
    08-19-11 12:50 AM
    Not too many postings of camera shots here. Could there be a reason?
    09-13-11 11:01 AM
    Subscribed. Would love to see pics, especially of nature. I take a ton of pictures when hiking and hope the 9930 camera is good.
    09-13-11 11:05 AM
    Subscribed. Would love to see pics, especially of nature. I take a ton of pictures when hiking and hope the 9930 camera is good.
    Even though the camera is not Auto Focus but does have a steady mode it does take good pics. as well as you would expect for a BB. There are alot of nature shots taken by 9930 owners on CB with a small search you will find them Chrissy.
    09-13-11 11:14 AM
    Big construction in back of my place... That's all i have for now only, have the device for 5 days...
    Attachment 93438
    09-13-11 11:27 AM
    PM me your email address if you want to see some full quality photos, when I post mine the limit is 500kb.

09-13-11 11:32 AM
    I'm in the jewelery buisness, and I like to take Detailed pics of my work as I did with my 8900 bu so far this BOLD CAMERA SUCKS!!!!!!!! NO AUTO FOCUS ! I CAN'T FIND A SETTING TO TAKE GOOD PICTURES I'm SERIOUSLY ABOUT TO SEND THIS DEVICE BACK I CAN'T DO BUISNESS LIKE THIS, ANY SUGGESTIONS?

09-13-11 11:40 AM
    I'm in the jewelery buisness, and I like to take Detailed pics of my work as I did with my 8900 bu so far this BOLD CAMERA SUCKS!!!!!!!! NO AUTO FOCUS ! I CAN'T FIND A SETTING TO TAKE GOOD PICTURES I'm SERIOUSLY ABOUT TO SEND THIS DEVICE BACK I CAN'T DO BUISNESS LIKE THIS, ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Take it back, the 9900 will never take good close up pictures of jewelry(if that's what you need it for), the 9900 camera has compromised that ability for the ability to take amazing action shots, the camera can shoot very fast. Best for sports, you can literaly shake the camera in sports mode while you press the button and pics come out clear, no blur.
    09-13-11 11:46 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-world-638430/

09-13-11 11:55 AM

i feel your pain my friend. Its a good phone but for you doesn't make any sense to keep it. So take it back and get Bold 9700 if you are with at&t or 9780 even better if with t-mobile, they both take great close up shots and as phones they great too.
    09-13-11 12:21 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-world-638430/

Can you take some pics of close ups? To show us what the camera doesn't do?
    09-13-11 12:25 PM

Can you show us examples of what you are getting?
    09-13-11 12:26 PM
    Take it back, the 9900 will never take good close up pictures of jewelry(if that's what you need it for), the 9900 camera has compromised that ability for the ability to take amazing action shots, the camera can shoot very fast. Best for sports, you can literaly shake the camera in sports mode while you press the button and pics come out clear, no blur.
    So should be good for taking pics of the dogs? One complaint I have is that by the time I am ready to snap a picture, they have moved on. I am assuming a faster camera shoot (as you say) would be perfect....???
    09-13-11 12:29 PM
    Can you take some pics of close ups? To show us what the camera doesn't do?
    It can take close up pics of text ok, decent enough but something the size of a coin doesn't turn up too well.

09-13-11 12:33 PM
    So should be good for taking pics of the dogs? One complaint I have is that by the time I am ready to snap a picture, they have moved on. I am assuming a faster camera shoot (as you say) would be perfect....???
    Yes, put it in sports mode and you can take amazing pics of dogs running, jumping, even when the shake to dry up, no blur at all.

09-13-11 12:34 PM
    Yes, put it in sports mode and you can take amazing pics of dogs running, jumping, even when the shake to dry up, no blur at all.

This amazing information. Thank you so much.
    09-13-11 12:35 PM
    It can take close up pics of text ok, decent enough but something the size of a coin doesn't turn up too well.

Wow, I guess when I heard about the camera not taking good close ups, I was thinking something different. I certainly don't need to take close ups of things such as coins and want to see detail. I do take pics of items in a store, for example, and MMS them to the recipient to make sure I am getting the correct item. Sounds like that would not be an issue. Correct?
    09-13-11 12:38 PM
    Close up will never be as good as autofocus but as you can see, not too bad.
    zanix likes this.
    09-13-11 12:49 PM
    How do upskirt pics come out?

Just kidding Hey, yeah, Belfastdispatcher, it's my user name @gmail. Email me some pics. I'm interested in the quality.

I am. getting either the 9930 or Vigor on Jan 12. Thanks!
    09-13-11 12:55 PM
    Hey, thanks so much for taking time to post a picture!

That picture is totally acceptable in my eyes.

I could definitely live with that quality for the 5-10 pics I take for that scenario.

Thanks again!

09-13-11 12:58 PM
    It's fine. Good to see.
    09-13-11 01:00 PM
    In my daily use the camera is perfect. The once/twice a week close up shot that I need/want is good enough. Have taken 3 close ups, all at most 6 inch away, 2 came out fine the other was good enough. Hope this helped.
    zanix likes this.
    09-13-11 01:17 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD