So the slider that has leaked isn't the same as the Dakota?
    03-03-10 12:49 AM
    So the slider that has leaked isn't the same as the Dakota?
    Based on the pics, nope. I think the slider's called "Talladega" or "Mr. T"... Something T... Who knows.
    03-03-10 12:50 AM
    Who's the US carrier getting this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 11:20 PM
    Who's the US carrier getting this?

CB Kevin is saying that it is a GSM model/
    03-06-10 02:56 PM
    So, Dakota is the Bold 1 form factor, non-slider with a touch screen originally planned for GSM. Mr. T was the CDMA slider/Storm 2 hybrid that is now GSM.
    03-06-10 03:15 PM
    As I think about a touchscreen on my 8900, I wonder- what if you kept the call/berry buttons to the left and the back/end keys to the right; incorporated them into the touch screen, a la S2, and left a gap where a trackpad/ball would be for flick scrolling purposes? We're used to putting our thumb there. That would reduce thumb travel as well. Just a thought.

03-20-10 02:05 AM
    As I think about a touchscreen on my 8900, I wonder- what if you kept the call/berry buttons to the left and the back/end keys to the right; incorporated them into the touch screen, a la S2, and left a gap where a trackpad/ball would be for flick scrolling purposes? We're used to putting our thumb there. That would reduce thumb travel as well. Just a thought.

I like your idea here, I like the idea of the touchscreen on top, would make searching the net better feeling. However when I'm serching on the phone i want like a trackpad or something.
    03-21-10 11:55 AM
    I have seen the video of this phone it is a real phone just no OS for it yet. it does have a touch screen. Wish it had an OS so could see it in action.
    Last edited by applemac; 03-21-10 at 01:14 PM.
    03-21-10 01:03 PM
    What's up with this mythical device anyway? It has been a loooong minute since any new news has surfaced. Are we being led down the garden path? Aug. is not that far off, shouldn't we be hearing more about this thing yet?

Chad
    03-23-10 08:29 PM
    Hold a Bold I in one hand, and you can do everything by moving your thumb around the keyboard and on the trackball; on this, you'd have to move your thumb from the keyboard to the screen, a longer distance. That mightn't be as comfortable -- one'd have to hold and try it out to see.

Yuasa NP7-12
    03-31-10 05:54 AM
    made this on paint in about five minutes...

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/a...4/fakebold.jpg
    03-31-10 05:27 PM
    looks like a sham!
    It's a 9000 photoshop job. I hope i'm wrong cause if it's real--it's a must have!

04-01-10 08:39 PM
    it looks pretty cool to me
    04-01-10 11:28 PM
    gimmegimmegimmegimme
    04-12-10 06:51 PM
    Looks great to me!
    02-08-11 07:11 AM
    Its clearly a photoshop job of a bold. If you look where the trackball used to be you can see that they just darkened that area.
    To me it looks like it doesnt even have a trackpad... 100% touch screen?
    02-11-11 06:19 PM
    To me it looks like it doesnt even have a trackpad... 100% touch screen?
    This thread is almost a year(!!!) old with very dated information and form factor photos. Look through the newer "stickied" threads at the top of this forum section for updated info on what this phone will actually look like.

02-13-11 01:35 AM
    Yep its old. But think about it - why even have a track pad if its touch?

02-13-11 12:00 PM

Many reasons. The most obvious of which are one-handed navigation and ease of selecting text in documents on a relatively small touch screen. I would go so far as to say the trackpad is a necessity.
    02-13-11 04:08 PM
    Many reasons. The most obvious of which are one-handed navigation and ease of selecting text in documents on a relatively small touch screen. I would go so far as to say the trackpad is a necessity.
    Agreed on one-hand navigation. Good point.
    02-13-11 04:14 PM
    For the same reason the Torch has a track pad: this is needed by OS 6. Once we lost SurePress from the Storm, the touchscreen UI needs another way to distinguish between selection and activation (clicking). You can click a trackpad, or just move around. You cannot click a touchscreen on the OS6 BBs, so every touch under OS 6 now functions as a "click".
    02-14-11 09:45 AM
    can't wait
    02-15-11 02:20 PM
97 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD