Interesting.
    01-23-10 02:41 AM
    This looks pretty amazing I hope it comes out soon because I like the idea of touch/qwerty

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yes me to...
    01-23-10 03:35 AM
    I disagree. I understand that Rim doesn't want things leaking too far in advance because it would tip off competitors, but a 3-4 month head start isn't significant in the grand scheme of things. I believe there is a point where the liability of leaked info is offset by the appeal of free advertising. If Rim was really against info being leaked at any point before the devices were announced, they would continue to pull leaked pictures and videos until devices become official. When a device first leaks any information posted is removed from the internet within 48hrs. As the release date approaches they begin to let pics and vids stay up. Kevin even mentioned that he had the Pearl pics before he released them but had to wait. There comes a time when Rim is ok with it. Without spending a dime on Tour2 advertising there are tens of thousands of people waiting to buy it on day 1. A leak has a lot of benefits for Rim.
    then how come apple doesn't leak their products, its the total opposite with apple, they are the best hype machines out there, with no leaking at all, maybe a few days before the release events and im talking about 2 days before
    when the javelin first got leaked out, my friend mentioned a company wide email was sent out warning employees not to do this, he even knew a whole group that got let go because of the leak
    01-23-10 04:53 PM
    then how come apple doesn't leak their products, its the total opposite with apple, they are the best hype machines out there, with no leaking at all, maybe a few days before the release events and im talking about 2 days before
    when the javelin first got leaked out, my friend mentioned a company wide email was sent out warning employees not to do this, he even knew a whole group that got let go because of the leak
    because about a total of 15 people within apple know about the product before it's announced. They are under a mountain of non disclosure contracts and all of their actions are monitored, cellphones taken, computers read. Constant monitoring.
    01-23-10 06:06 PM
    Well, apple products do leak just not to the extent of BBs. The world and his wife know there is a tablet coming right?
    I was reading on either gizmodo or engadget (can't remember which) that apple purposely leaks small details of products so they can gauge customer oppinion before a product gets official and they can do that for free by just shooting on of the big tech blogs an email under the guise of an 'anomomous informant'. That said no sane company would realistically want a whole product to leak before release/announcement. I can see why RIM must hate Sal haha.
    01-23-10 09:01 PM
    Very interesting, but I don't see the point of having a touch and keypad?
    01-23-10 10:48 PM
    am i the only one that thinks this thing is incredibly ugly? putting aside the fact that it might be fake, why on earth would anybody want a phone that looks like that? its the ugliest blackberry i've ever seen in my life.
    01-25-10 10:37 AM
    Very interesting, but I don't see the point of having a touch and keypad?
    Physical keyboards are totally different to soft keyboards. Unless its the storm you dont get any tactile feedback off of a soft keyboard.
    01-26-10 04:46 AM
    am i the only one that thinks this thing is incredibly ugly? putting aside the fact that it might be fake, why on earth would anybody want a phone that looks like that? its the ugliest blackberry i've ever seen in my life.
    NOT fake
    A Video Look At The BlackBerry "Magnum" Prototype | CrackBerry.com

Here is a video.
    Well at least its not a photoshopped picture. He doesnt run an OS on it, its just a white screen.
    01-28-10 05:31 AM
    Who gives a flying ratt's a ss what Apple does????????
    01-28-10 07:17 AM
    Ha Ha Ha, the Magnum was going to have a clicking screen, FAIL!! Glad I didn't hold my breath for that...
    01-28-10 07:25 AM
    01-28-10 08:48 AM
    Something just doesn't look right about this phone..... compared to RIM'S new line up of phone's..... This one is ugly....looks empty with no track pad/ball. Not a big fan of this...hope by the time they do make one the make it much better then this
    01-28-10 02:17 PM
    hope they made it look guddd
    01-28-10 02:25 PM
    really nice
    02-14-10 10:10 PM
    Its real its just a scrapped protype

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 10:14 AM
    I want this bold successor so bad <3
    02-22-10 03:28 PM
    I have no idea why I'm thinking this, but this looks like a ripoff. Sorry :P
    02-22-10 03:51 PM
    hmm. would be nice if it had a "TrackBall" area. like that middle area still essentially be a trackpad
    Precisely. only way I would ever buy it.
    02-22-10 09:29 PM
    What's Wrong wit ha Bold 9000 with a trackpad? I think it's a better option than a touchscreen. also the bold 9000 has 1024 meg of flash ram so the partition can just be shifted. and Voila you have a new handset. I never use the onboard memory for anything anyway as io have my 16 GB SD card
    02-24-10 04:15 PM
    it would be stupid to have a track pad and a touchscreen. thats why all android=fail. jk but why have both??? although i dont really care for touchscreens
    Last edited by Emu the Foo; 02-24-10 at 08:04 PM.
    02-24-10 07:50 PM
    it would be stupid to have a track pad and a touchscreen. thats why all android=fail. jk but why have both??? although i dont really care for touchscreens
    I used to think the same, until I remembered the Treo. It was wildly successful, in its day. I've grown to like the idea...
    02-25-10 12:24 PM
    I used to think the same, until I remembered the Treo. It was wildly successful, in its day. I've grown to like the idea...
    ya know. now that u mentioned that i like your idea. only diff is instead of a stylus its a finger. that kind of changed my thinking!
    02-25-10 05:08 PM
    Its a beauty. If only we knew its size compared to the 9700, 96xx, and 9000 size phones.

If it has a 9000 size keyboard i want it on CDMA ASAP
    I'm pretty sure it won't go cdma(Hopefully) so sick and tired of awful cdma.
    02-25-10 11:59 PM
    What's Wrong wit ha Bold 9000 with a trackpad? I think it's a better option than a touchscreen. also the bold 9000 has 1024 meg of flash ram so the partition can just be shifted. and Voila you have a new handset. I never use the onboard memory for anything anyway as io have my 16 GB SD card
    HUh? It has 128mb flash memory..
    02-27-10 11:26 AM
97 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD