GSM only and it will appear on AT&T. Hopefully, T-Mobile as well.

mush, I don't think that will be the latest device model for the Dakota, but that is a real pic. K Bear statement was correct. It's like what I said, a mockup. I really just hope it wasn't the 9700 with trackpad mockup that I've seen before. Keep the Bold size and just update the looks.

EDIT: Where did my original statement go?
    Thank you for the info. I couldn't agree more on the size. I am really disappointed in the trend to smaller and smaller Blackberry.
    01-21-10 09:09 AM
    Anybody think the timing is odd that in the post prior to the one with the Magnum picture in it this line is there?
    "So while we're still waiting for the new BlackBerry Pearl 3G and Tour2 (and maybe a new touch-Berry) to get their announcements and reviews on,"
    I'm not saying Crackberry had a hand in releasing this pic, but the timing always seems the same. A mediocre pic shows up increasing speculation on a new device we don't know much about (Dakota)... Shortly after the unreleased device we've all been waiting for is made official (Tour2)... Shortly after that real quality pics are released of the new device for us to lust over (Dakota).
    I don't think its coincidence, I think Rim gets a little loose about keeping certain devices under wraps to feed the addiction. They don't want details let out too early, but they always want us to have an idea of whats coming down the pipeline next.
    The upcoming device section won't be empty for long, with the Tour2 and new Pearl nearing release, I'll bet we see hardcore details of the Dakota within 2 months. I'll bed Sal has his hands on one by mid-March.
    While what you said does make sense it does read somewhat like a conspiracy theory. No company wants to leak stuff if they can help it because it lets competitors know what they are doing and gives them more time to react.
    01-21-10 09:20 AM
    I disagree. I understand that Rim doesn't want things leaking too far in advance because it would tip off competitors, but a 3-4 month head start isn't significant in the grand scheme of things. I believe there is a point where the liability of leaked info is offset by the appeal of free advertising. If Rim was really against info being leaked at any point before the devices were announced, they would continue to pull leaked pictures and videos until devices become official. When a device first leaks any information posted is removed from the internet within 48hrs. As the release date approaches they begin to let pics and vids stay up. Kevin even mentioned that he had the Pearl pics before he released them but had to wait. There comes a time when Rim is ok with it. Without spending a dime on Tour2 advertising there are tens of thousands of people waiting to buy it on day 1. A leak has a lot of benefits for Rim.
    01-21-10 09:47 AM
    This looks pretty amazing I hope it comes out soon because I like the idea of touch/qwerty

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 10:29 AM
    Fake or not this device looks sweet.

It looks pretty easy to photoshop since the pic quality isnt that good.

Why wouldnt he take more photo's of this. Back etc. Hmmm

Id defo get this just for the looks. Looks all CIA lol.

I do have a feeling using this straight after a Bold; would take abit of time to stop your thumb automatically looking for the Trackball haha.

~Joe
    01-21-10 10:37 AM
    cant wait... its a dream phone coming to life.
    01-21-10 10:38 AM
    I just hope they make the screen big enough to have a good browsing experience. I'd sacrifice a little on the size of the keyboard.
    01-21-10 10:38 AM
    Okay first it looks fake I was hyped when I first read it but after lookin its a fake,had he had screen shots of the os and him using the screen it would be believable,now 2nd vzw will not see this phone for awhile its been known it is going to gsm carriers which makes perfect sense seeing as vzw never saw the 9000

01-21-10 10:48 AM
    You should all probably look at the article on the main page. We will never see this phone in production.
    01-21-10 11:36 AM
    You should all probably look at the article on the main page. We will never see this phone in production.
    ...because this is so obviously fake.

1) Berry, Back, answer, hangup keys here look touch, aka, storm 2 era design language

2) Everything else about this berry is Bold 1 design language

3) Before Storm 2, we had design language of Tour, Curve 8900, Curve 85XX and Storm 1.

So, how do you go and mish Bold 1 design with Storm 2 design, thereby skipping interim design on released models?

This guy took a Bold and photoshopped the Berry and Back keys closer together. That also explains why they are so much brighter than the red/green keys.

Fake.
    01-21-10 03:31 PM
    I actually think he took the bold apart and replaced it with the storm buttons maybe made some mods so that it all fit

01-21-10 08:13 PM
    Why did no one bother to look for the actual blog that posted this?
    Here is the link and some more pictures and I don't think it's fake.

The Pics seen around the world*|*
    01-21-10 09:30 PM
    If it is a photoshop its probably a bb tour 9630
    01-21-10 11:36 PM
    The camera in the centre doesn't look right. All of the current blackberrys have cameras that are on the left side with the flash on the right. Again it is a design inconsistency that makes it obvious that this must be an older model that has been canned.

01-22-10 03:53 AM
    Why don't people just read? Its a mock up, so not working and its the magnum which moved on to the Dakota, so already old design wise. RIM moved on.
    I don't get why people doubt people like Sinternet and Bla1ze who more then once have proven to have good knowledge. Its not photo shopped or fake, its just a non working phone mock up used to design the phone and develop the lay out etc.
    01-22-10 04:54 AM
    But if it isn't a photoshop deal, then why can you see the plate through a crack in the left side of the phones screen in one of the pics? Would a mock up be a hollow store demo type piece? I just figured it was a photo shop attempt
    01-22-10 06:01 AM
    I just asked him on twitter if it is a proper phone or a mockup and he said

@DKatri no working os on it...however, screen still rsponds (sic)
    01-22-10 07:14 AM
    I just asked him on twitter if it is a proper phone or a mockup and he said

@DKatri no working os on it...however, screen still rsponds (sic)
    Ask him if the scree "clicks"?
    01-22-10 09:11 AM
    I just hope that it stil has a trackpad AND touch screen....
    01-22-10 09:12 AM
    No workin o.s huh wow I would have tried loading one of the os's what's the worst that'll happen u fry a fake phone,that only thing that has me believe at one point was real is the mini usb on the side,but again some mods to a phone u can do anything. I have been looking over his pics and nothing resembles a sure press screen,to me the buttons look like a s1,usb s1,everything else says bold. I own a bold and have been comparing the pics to my phone its the same damn phone just modded.yes I see that it says the design has been scrapped but that's only so they can cover their *** lol RIM doesn't see this ish and if they do they prolly just laugh.yes I want the Dakota bad have since it was the magnum but as of right now its a unicorn. Its funny the Dakota is the only thing keepimg me with bb and stuff like this only makes the n900 more appealing

01-22-10 09:48 AM
    @DKatri surepress

Not sure wether or not to be happy about this, I liked surepress on the storm2's keyboard but opening apps and stuff felt a little strange.
    01-22-10 10:22 AM
    the best part about kevin's post that you guys are missing is that the newer version has a trackpad and a touch screen
    01-22-10 04:41 PM
    I disagree. I understand that Rim doesn't want things leaking too far in advance because it would tip off competitors, but a 3-4 month head start isn't significant in the grand scheme of things. I believe there is a point where the liability of leaked info is offset by the appeal of free advertising. If Rim was really against info being leaked at any point before the devices were announced, they would continue to pull leaked pictures and videos until devices become official. When a device first leaks any information posted is removed from the internet within 48hrs. As the release date approaches they begin to let pics and vids stay up. Kevin even mentioned that he had the Pearl pics before he released them but had to wait. There comes a time when Rim is ok with it. Without spending a dime on Tour2 advertising there are tens of thousands of people waiting to buy it on day 1. A leak has a lot of benefits for Rim.
    RIM doesn't play a role at all when it comes to leaks...trust me.

01-22-10 07:15 PM
    ...because this is so obviously fake.

1) Berry, Back, answer, hangup keys here look touch, aka, storm 2 era design language

2) Everything else about this berry is Bold 1 design language

3) Before Storm 2, we had design language of Tour, Curve 8900, Curve 85XX and Storm 1.

So, how do you go and mish Bold 1 design with Storm 2 design, thereby skipping interim design on released models?

This guy took a Bold and photoshopped the Berry and Back keys closer together. That also explains why they are so much brighter than the red/green keys.

Fake.
    Kevin himself said its a older pre production model. Its not a fake.
    Just because we are now getting pictures of it doesnt mean it hasnt been around for awhile.
    01-22-10 09:48 PM
    the dakota has a trackpad and a touch screen. it also has a diesel browser. i know this because i am the dakota.
    01-22-10 11:00 PM
97 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD