01-21-10 01:48 AM
    *swoon*

It's beautiful. It has a proper keyboard, too!
    01-21-10 02:05 AM
    01-21-10 02:13 AM
    If it has a touchscreen only, I'm slightly worried about the amount of thumb travel to work this thing one handed, but that's not a big deal considering how sweet this device looks.
    01-21-10 02:16 AM
    If it has a touchscreen only, I'm slightly worried about the amount of thumb travel to work this thing one handed, but that's not a big deal considering how sweet this device looks.
    Screen Protector
    01-21-10 02:30 AM
    Its a beauty. If only we knew its size compared to the 9700, 96xx, and 9000 size phones.

If it has a 9000 size keyboard i want it on CDMA ASAP
    01-21-10 02:31 AM
    Am I really the only one here?

FAKE
    01-21-10 02:38 AM
    Screen Protector
    No, you misunderstand. Hold a Bold I in one hand, and you can do everything by moving your thumb around the keyboard and on the trackball; on this, you'd have to move your thumb from the keyboard to the screen, a longer distance. That mightn't be as comfortable -- one'd have to hold and try it out to see.
    01-21-10 02:42 AM
    Its clearly a photoshop job of a bold. If you look where the trackball used to be you can see that they just darkened that area.
    01-21-10 03:28 AM
    No, you misunderstand. Hold a Bold I in one hand, and you can do everything by moving your thumb around the keyboard and on the trackball; on this, you'd have to move your thumb from the keyboard to the screen, a longer distance. That mightn't be as comfortable -- one'd have to hold and try it out to see.
    hmm. would be nice if it had a "TrackBall" area. like that middle area still essentially be a trackpad
    01-21-10 03:29 AM
    That would be mine concern, too. I definitely would want a trackpad with it, would like the touchscreen for browsing etc, but definitely need a pad for everything else. Would hate to be dependent on the screen.

Call button on the right is odd too, am sure they will change that.

Anyway, possibly fake, but at least we can discuss what we would like and what not...
    01-21-10 03:41 AM
    LOL @ you all crying fake.
    01-21-10 03:48 AM
    LOL @ you all crying fake.
    i dont think its fake. however if it is it would be the BEST photoshop i have seen
    01-21-10 03:57 AM
    I lot of people have been asking for a bold1 size blackberry even the bold2 is a lot smaller then the bold1 this could be what the old bold turns into its own line of phone instead of sharing the spotlight with the bold2
    01-21-10 05:04 AM
    I don't know if it's fake or not, but the source, ' CellularGuru.com', has a brand new, basically empty website. This would be a good way to generate hits on his site.
    01-21-10 05:04 AM
    I don't know if it's fake or not, but the source, ' CellularGuru.com', has a brand new, basically empty website. This would be a good way to generate hits on his site.
    the only thing that is making me think it could be fake is that there is no flash reflection on the screen itself
    01-21-10 05:09 AM
    This is a real live pic of the Dakota. That was one of the mockup designs that I've seen before. Glad to see it wasn't the same size as the 9700, which didn't make any sense, and they completely removed the trackpad. This is a no brainer for GSM users.[/COLOR]
    01-21-10 07:32 AM
    This pic is the defuncked Magnum. The Dakota is the evolution of this device pictured.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 07:40 AM
    This pic is the defuncked Magnum. The Dakota is the evolution of this device pictured.

This would make sense as the styling of the '9710' is not all that similar to the current lineup of devices. The new storm, 9700 and 9100 all have very similar styling. This looks more like a last gen device IMO
    01-21-10 07:51 AM
    Definitely last gen... the way it is pictured it would be an epic fail if this were to be released...so much wasted space where the screen could be bigger..which is the point in a touch / hybrid device isn't it?

01-21-10 08:06 AM
    This is a real live pic of the Dakota. That was one of the mockup designs that I've seen before. Glad to see it wasn't the same size as the 9700, which didn't make any sense, and they completely removed the trackpad. This is a no brainer for GSM users.[/COLOR]
    Sinternet ---------Is this destined for GSM only? I am at a cross roads in my wireless carrier selection (currently have both Verizon and AT&T). I will eventually choose one and if this looks like it has a better shot of appearing on AT&T that may force my hand.
    01-21-10 08:15 AM
    Sinternet ---------Is this destined for GSM only? I am at a cross roads in my wireless carrier selection (currently have both Verizon and AT&T). I will eventually choose one and if this looks like it has a better shot of appearing on AT&T that may force my hand.
    GSM only and it will appear on AT&T. Hopefully, T-Mobile as well.

mush, I don't think that will be the latest device model for the Dakota, but that is a real pic. K Bear statement was correct. It's like what I said, a mockup. I really just hope it wasn't the 9700 with trackpad mockup that I've seen before. Keep the Bold size and just update the looks.

EDIT: Thanks, pkcable
    Last edited by Sinternet Jr.; 01-21-10 at 09:18 AM.
    01-21-10 08:18 AM
    Anybody think the timing is odd that in the post prior to the one with the Magnum picture in it this line is there?
    "So while we're still waiting for the new BlackBerry Pearl 3G and Tour2 (and maybe a new touch-Berry) to get their announcements and reviews on,"
    I'm not saying Crackberry had a hand in releasing this pic, but the timing always seems the same. A mediocre pic shows up increasing speculation on a new device we don't know much about (Dakota)... Shortly after the unreleased device we've all been waiting for is made official (Tour2)... Shortly after that real quality pics are released of the new device for us to lust over (Dakota).
    I don't think its coincidence, I think Rim gets a little loose about keeping certain devices under wraps to feed the addiction. They don't want details let out too early, but they always want us to have an idea of whats coming down the pipeline next.
    The upcoming device section won't be empty for long, with the Tour2 and new Pearl nearing release, I'll bet we see hardcore details of the Dakota within 2 months. I'll bed Sal has his hands on one by mid-March.
    01-21-10 08:27 AM
    Anybody think the timing is odd that in the post prior to the one with the Magnum picture in it this line is there?
    "So while we're still waiting for the new BlackBerry Pearl 3G and Tour2 (and maybe a new touch-Berry) to get their announcements and reviews on,"
    I'm not saying Crackberry had a hand in releasing this pic, but the timing always seems the same. A mediocre pic shows up increasing speculation on a new device we don't know much about (Dakota)... Shortly after the unreleased device we've all been waiting for is made official (Tour2)... Shortly after that real quality pics are released of the new device for us to lust over (Dakota).
    I don't think its coincidence, I think Rim gets a little loose about keeping certain devices under wraps to feed the addiction. They don't want details let out too early, but they always want us to have an idea of whats coming down the pipeline next.
    The upcoming device section won't be empty for long, with the Tour2 and new Pearl nearing release, I'll bet we see hardcore details of the Dakota within 2 months. I'll bed Sal has his hands on one by mid-March.
    It seems that way but it's not the case. RIM doesn't enjoy leaks and are very strict on breaking the NDA for their devices. What major company wouldn't. BlackBerry owners are just the luckiest because not only do they not have to wait long on specific information with upcoming devices, they also receive pics and specs months ahead of time. Thus people making threads after threads about the device, and wishing that it come now.
    01-21-10 08:33 AM
    im sorry...but i want to see a trackpad there in addition to the touchscreen. the full qwerty keyboard without the trackpad/trackball make that bb look naked to me. it's just not working for me even with the Bold form factor. also anyone got any clues on wheither the touchscreen mechanism gonna be like the exisiting storm?
    01-21-10 09:03 AM
97 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD