Perhaps my only complaint on my 9700 is when I have to manually dial a number. Does the 9900 have the ability to manually dial (not a saved contact) from the touch screen, I'm imagining a nice sized numeric key pad versus the tiny keys on the qwerty - can it dial that way?
    10-29-11 07:22 PM
    There is currently no option for an onscreen dial pad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    blackrocker likes this.
    10-29-11 07:27 PM
    Im a little surprised it doesn't have an onscreen dial pad, guess there's always the 9860 for me.
    10-29-11 07:34 PM
    With the phone not having an on screen dial pad is not a make or break deal honestly.
    10-29-11 07:59 PM
    Setup speedials for almost every key.

10-29-11 08:01 PM
    With the phone not having an on screen dial pad is not a make or break deal honestly.
    No its not at all, it wasnt when I purchased my 9700 - Im just thinking moving forward which model best suits my tastes. I'd probably jump on a 9900 today if it were available to AT&T customers - the 9900 qwerty keys are probably easier than the 9700s due to its slightly wider frame anyway.

Setup speedials for almost every key.

Dialing contacts are a breeze - I mean the numbers you don't usually dial.
    10-29-11 08:08 PM
    Still have to do that the old fashioned way, one at a time on the physical keypad!

10-29-11 09:27 PM
    Its a much more pleasant procedure due to the fact that the keyboard of the 9930/00 is way bigger than the 9700 :-)
    10-30-11 04:02 AM
    I usually shake my head at the silly ideas people come up with 'why hasnt the XXXX got XXXX feature'.... but I can see where the OP is coming from here.

If the touchscreen had a feature to just have a dial pad on it (no letters, just numbers and #*) it would be far easier to dial out a number you havnt yet got in your phone book.

Not a deal breaker admitedly, but a good feature non the less IMO.

S.
    10-30-11 06:24 AM
    I usually shake my head at the silly ideas people come up with 'why hasnt the XXXX got XXXX feature'.... but I can see where the OP is coming from here.

If the touchscreen had a feature to just have a dial pad on it (no letters, just numbers and #*) it would be far easier to dial out a number you havnt yet got in your phone book.

Not a deal breaker admitedly, but a good feature non the less IMO.

S.
    I couldn't agree more
    10-30-11 04:00 PM
    Let's not forget how sexy the dialpad is on the torch

10-30-11 08:38 PM
    I agree. The calculator has touchscreen, so a dialpad could have really large numbers. I guess someone will make an app for this.
    10-30-11 09:04 PM
    Maybe someone will develop an app for that
    10-31-11 01:35 AM
    I hadn't thought of this before. But now that I do, it is odd that an on-screen dial pad isn't included on my bold 9900. Hrmphh...Hope that gets added in a future OS update, would be a nifty feature for sure.
    10-31-11 06:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD