09-01-11 10:00 PM
    Yea I’m beginning to feel the same way, I still think this is the best BB I’ve ever had, but battery life and shocking lack of apps (just under 5000) is a real downer. I also get the strange lag.

I’m going to load the latest leaked OS to see if the battery life improves the battery life. Hopefully the apps will come soon but currently only a fraction of my Torch 9800 apps work.

Still overall I’d say I’m fairly happy, I got this with a contract renewal so didn’t buy it outright so saved a lot of money, had I paid outright I would have sent it back.

Will stick with it, I’ve gotten used to always being somewhat disappointed with RIM so I’m kinda desensitised to it now.
    09-02-11 04:24 AM
    Lag and freezing up is becoming a majoR issue. with mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-11 04:51 AM
    I've had none of these issues with .353.
    09-02-11 05:21 AM
    i really start to think that some of these bugs/problems with the new os 7 devices, hardware or software, are just made up...

i dont have the 9900 yet (gets released in about 20 days over here..), but seriously, ever day 1-3 people report another strange bug they discovered..

just return it and get a new one if you're experiencing some weird stuff on your new phone
    09-02-11 05:26 AM
    When u have lag, your bb needs a reboot..its that simple. I am curious, why people claimed a certain OS version is better than the other version. It is not. It is imaginary. I have own many bb since it was launch. On every device I have never updated my OS. I never have any major issues including current bold 9900. A lot of issues are a lot smaller than what people made out to be.

09-02-11 05:51 AM
    I haven't had these problems at all. I had the phone from the 25th, so 8 days now and seems to be problem free.

The only thing I was wondering about, is does the volume rocker suppose to work on the home screen? It does on the android where you can see it going louder and quieter, however with the BB homescreen it doesn't do anything but it works for everything else. ?
    09-02-11 05:57 AM
    People really need to use the phones for awhile before putting all the crap from their old phone on it and apps not made for them and transfer settings from the old phone etc.

See how it runs without problems transfered from your phone first then if problems start at least you know it's something you did or put on it.
    09-02-11 06:54 AM
    Amen to that.
    09-02-11 06:55 AM
    I don't have any apps that are not optomized for BBOS7 and i have not experienced any freezing or lag, not once.
    09-02-11 07:10 AM
    When u have lag, your bb needs a reboot..its that simple. I am curious, why people claimed a certain OS version is better than the other version. It is not. It is imaginary. I have own many bb since it was launch. On every device I have never updated my OS. I never have any major issues including current bold 9900. A lot of issues are a lot smaller than what people made out to be.

As a part of a hybrid building community i'll have to strongly disagree with your opinion.
    for example, stock .600 on the 9650 will give you a black screen of death and make you unable to change your wallpaper through options.
    not only this but Stock .600 radio gets worse signal than .526

09-02-11 07:25 AM
    I have no issues with my Battery,,,,and I'm a heavy user! However, I am on my 3rd unit because of some issues that vary. Kept the battery from my original unit I got on Launch day...

09-02-11 09:37 AM
    When I first got the 9930 I did the device switch from my 9650 and saw some lag issues etc. Then I decided to try fresh without running the device switch and so far my 9930 is running MUCH faster and smoother. Possibly there is some issue when switching devices between OS 6 and 7?
    09-02-11 10:13 AM
    My BB will lag from time to time. That clock is no stranger to me. 2 nights ago I had to do a battery pull because it was lagging so badly. Just because it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean that it's nonexistent and "made up".
    09-02-11 10:58 AM
    Will stick with it, Ive gotten used to always being somewhat disappointed with RIM so Im kinda desensitised to it now.
    Geez...is this the way it is with RIM fans? Low expectations? Maybe if we don't set the bar of hope to high we won't be disappointed?
    I loved my 9650, but RIM and BB's are not the only game in town.
    mud314 likes this.
    09-02-11 12:15 PM
    09-03-11 07:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD