I have noticed that once I am in a call on my 9900, it is very easy to hit the speaker/handset button and move the call from handset to loudspeaker. It is very annoying. Is there a way to disable this? Perhaps be able to take the phone into lock mode once a call is started?
    07-08-12 06:20 AM
    It happens to me all the time while in front of people. I can't stand this phone anymore. There's soo many small issues that make me wanna get the iphone
    07-08-12 06:52 AM
    @gees97: good to see that I am not the only one
    It there a trick to avoid this? something we might have missed out?
    07-08-12 07:14 AM
    @gees97: good to see that I am not the only one
    It there a trick to avoid this? something we might have missed out?
    Well its the sensor that causes it but the only thing I believe we can do is simply keep the blackberry glued to our face. I noticed if you move the phone slightly it will cause the screen to light up. Speakerphone also activates if I'm holding the phone in my hand and sunlight hits the screen. Which the sunlight is another issue with this phone. Which I don't wanna get into lol. I'm soo close to getn the iphone but blackberry is where my heart is. I'm simply tired of using my upgrades for verizon on lemons. And it sucks that I got the phone brand new and within a week I was stuck taking a refurbished phone.
    07-08-12 07:25 AM
    I have noticed that once I am in a call on my 9900, it is very easy to hit the speaker/handset button and move the call from handset to loudspeaker. It is very annoying. Is there a way to disable this? Perhaps be able to take the phone into lock mode once a call is started?
    Wow. This is a new one on me. I even use the phone while propped on my shoulder and I have never had this happen. Can you explain how you are holding it when you activate the speakerphone?
    07-08-12 08:02 AM
    Sorry you are having problems. This has never happened to me in all the years I have used BlackBerrys.

I did have an iPhone for a short period and it was the most annoying phone that I have ever owned. I sold it at a loss after 5 weeks. I was so happy to be rid of it so please be careful before you make a change.
    07-08-12 08:06 AM
    Never , I mean never ever happened to me ...
    Although am changing to torch 9810 now
    For battery , camera , screen and great look .. Way better phone for me
    07-08-12 08:23 AM
    Sorry you are having problems. This has never happened to me in all the years I have used BlackBerrys.

I did have an iPhone for a short period and it was the most annoying phone that I have ever owned. I sold it at a loss after 5 weeks. I was so happy to be rid of it so please be careful before you make a change.

I'm not looking foward to getting the iphone. But I'm not about to wait for bb10 which with their luck will get pushed back again. I want certain apps that blackberry doesn't have for example : netflix, my xbox an so forth. Bb10 will suposably have netflix app but who knows if that's true
    07-08-12 09:29 AM
    I believe that I may have a defective speakerphone so that if this switch did happen I would probably not even notice it!
    07-08-12 09:46 AM
    I believe that I may have a defective speakerphone so that if this switch did happen I would probably not even notice it!
    What makes you think its defective?
    07-08-12 09:56 AM
    What makes you think its defective?
    The volume seems very low compared with my 9650/Bold.
    07-08-12 01:33 PM
    The volume seems very low compared with my 9650/Bold.
    I find the volume on the speakerphone depends on the case I'm using at the time! It needs a cutout on the back or I can't hear it either
    07-08-12 02:20 PM
    I find the volume on the speakerphone depends on the case I'm using at the time! It needs a cutout on the back or I can't hear it either
    Good trade - pictures for speakerphone!

I guess Otterbox did not make as sound "transparent" a cast for the 9930 as they did for the 9650. I had A similar case on the older 9650 and it did not interfere with the sound.

Now if only it were the case interfering with the NFC tags but I had the case off while testing them.

Thanks.
    07-08-12 03:44 PM
    I am brand new to the BB world and boy is it EVER a learning curve from the iPhone 3g that I had, but that is another story for later. I have had this same issue on my 9930 while I am talking and then for some reason the phone gets angled in such a way that it hits the speaker phone mid conversation. I looked everywhere to see if I could change the position of where the speaker option sits on my phone but no dice. I am not even sure that you can change it to be honest. If anyone knows of a fix I would be in debt...
    Last edited by ValkyrieLuna; 07-10-12 at 09:45 PM.
    07-10-12 09:42 PM
    Try hitting the back button to carry you out to the home screen? I've honestly never had this problem using mine though.
    07-10-12 10:00 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try next time it happens.
    07-11-12 06:51 AM
    Try hitting the back button to carry you out to the home screen? I've honestly never had this problem using mine though.
    I have never had this problem, but this suggestion should be an easy fix.
    07-11-12 07:32 AM
    I've noticed the speakerphone is not nearly as loud as the 9650 and the battery cover vibrates when it's in use. I'm considering a Bluetooth for the car because I can't hear it well enough.

OP - I haven't experienced your issue, but I'll look out for it.
    07-11-12 03:08 PM
    Yeah the speaker isn't that great on the phone for sure. Coming from the 9000 that was the Cadillac of speakers so I know what you're talking about but yes I have had the speaker phone pop on but only a few times I can live with it.
    07-11-12 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD