Had the phone for a few days now, and I've noticed that when I put the phone on my shoulder (hands free, head tilted over), nobody can hear me. People say that there is an echo or that it sounds like I'm losing service.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    08-20-11 10:19 AM
    Had the phone for a few days now, and I've noticed that when I put the phone on my shoulder (hands free, head tilted over), nobody can hear me. People say that there is an echo or that it sounds like I'm losing service.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    Maybe RIM will come up with a case so that you can't hold the phone that way.
    Heard somewhere that some fruity company did that a while back
    simsim and calicocat2010 like this.
    08-20-11 10:23 AM
    Somehow I really don't think RIM ever tested it that way lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-11 11:26 AM
    Wow, really? This is a topic of discussion now??
    08-20-11 11:31 AM
    This phone blows away my old Incredible as far as sound quality and reception goes. The speaker phone is awesome on this device!

08-20-11 11:33 AM
    Blocking the antenna when having it sandwiched between your shoulder and your head will do it.

08-20-11 11:35 AM
    Antennas have to be at the bottom of the phone now, at the furthest point from the head, everybody except iphone have them at the bottom.

08-20-11 11:39 AM
    experienced this today too, its a terrible habit of mine and this will annoy me hugely

Time to buy my first bluetooth headset i guess
    08-22-11 06:11 AM
    A single earbud headset will be the most trouble free and enable you to leave your bluetooth radio off and conserve your battery.

08-22-11 06:32 AM
    To the OP
    My cousin used to do this.
    Talk for hours with the phone sandwiched between his head and shoulder.
    One day he woke up and couldn't move his neck.
    By evening he was i excruciating pain. The doc told him that his neck muscles had gone into spasm. Gave him a shot of Voveron and he was ok in an hour's time.
    Just saying that it would be a good idea to either change your habit or get a headphone. And you won't have loss of reception either. Win win situation.
    08-22-11 06:43 AM
    I've had this issue with my Motorola Droid Pro but not with my 9930.
    08-22-11 07:20 AM
    I had this with my tour.. It has to do with the location of the microphone.. So you can't do anything about it ..

08-22-11 08:36 AM
    Its true, the voice breaks. but anyways its a bad habit so it might be a good thing.
    08-22-11 09:24 AM
    definitely blocks the connection when I do this, mostly when I am cooking and get a call and have to talk like this, and speakerphone would be too noisy for the other end.

definitely not a deal breaker, but a quirky thing nonetheless
    08-22-11 10:08 AM
    This happen with other cell phones?

08-22-11 11:06 AM
    i talk with the phone like this when i need my hands for a minute or so and it's quite annoying. this never happened with my tour, storm, curve, bold 9650, incredible, x, thunderbolt, charge, or incredible 2. this is quite annoying since i just need to do this for a minute as i do something real quick.
    09-07-11 10:50 PM
    Happened with my palm pre.
    09-07-11 11:00 PM
    To the OP
    My cousin used to do this.
    Talk for hours with the phone sandwiched between his head and shoulder.
    One day he woke up and couldn't move his neck.
    By evening he was i excruciating pain. The doc told him that his neck muscles had gone into spasm. Gave him a shot of Voveron and he was ok in an hour's time.
    Just saying that it would be a good idea to either change your habit or get a headphone. And you won't have loss of reception either. Win win situation.
    I don't ever do this for hours...as others have mentioned, it's mostly when my hands are full and I can't hold the phone - maybe a few seconds at a time, here and there. Glad to hear that your cousin is ok though.

definitely blocks the connection when I do this, mostly when I am cooking and get a call and have to talk like this, and speakerphone would be too noisy for the other end.

definitely not a deal breaker, but a quirky thing nonetheless
    I think it's the location of the microphone, not the connection a la iPhone. People on the other end say that they can hear me, but I sound "muffled" and am barely audible.

i talk with the phone like this when i need my hands for a minute or so and it's quite annoying. this never happened with my tour, storm, curve, bold 9650, incredible, x, thunderbolt, charge, or incredible 2. this is quite annoying since i just need to do this for a minute as i do something real quick.
    Exactly...very annoying when your hands are full
    09-21-11 10:53 AM
    Use a case that creates some space from the microphone hole

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-21-11 11:31 AM
    This happens on my Spring 9930 and my brothers Verizon 9930. Not a deal breaker but a bit annoying.
    09-21-11 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD