Phone is Literally DEAD, NO Red Light, NO PC CONNECTION, No Nothing

Hello Everyone, my 9900 is literally dead, I really need to make it work back again and I need to be able to see the files I had inside of this crappy machine. So I need to make the phone work just like before.

Phone doesn't charge, no battery icon on the screen when I take the battery off etc., no sign of life. So frustrating.

Please someone help me, I red a lot of posts on here and on BB's official forum but all they said was charge the phone for 2 hours without the battery do this do that...

I did those and they DON'T work so please don't tell the same useless thing. I need a REAL SOLUTION asap. I would be very grateful if anyone can help me fix it. Thanks a lot.
    11-19-13 09:08 AM
    Hi - we could help more if you gave explicit details of what went on before it died. Were there any weird things going on, such as apps crashing, dropping connections, water exposure, or did anyone use it before it died? From knowing nothing it is hard to advise. Don't mean to be hard but that's necessary to help. Have you tried a new battery? Was it working perfectly before? You said "crappy machine". Is that because you're frustrated with it now or was it not working properly before? How old is it?
    11-19-13 09:21 AM
    Hi Anilu7 thanks for the quick reply,

I'm the only one who uses this phone and I can assure you that it didn't get any damage what so ever.

But before **** hit the fan my phone started to act crazy, I charged it fully and got out of my house, after a few minutes telephone shut itself down no battery no nothing, I had to charge it back to use it, and after that happened several times I understood that telephone got crazy and bought myself an Iphone 5s even though I hate Iphone's. Meanwhile I only used my BB when it was on charge other than that it was impossible to use BB more than 10 minutes.

Oh BTW I also bought a new battery and phone still didn't work. So it's all about the phone going crazy without a reason.
    11-19-13 09:26 AM
    I had this happen to my wife. I pulled the battery over night. Next day it was fine.

BB Proud
    11-19-13 09:27 AM
    Hi Anilu7 thanks for the quick reply,

I'm the only one who uses this phone and I can assure you that it didn't get any damage what so ever.

But before **** hit the fan my phone started to act crazy, I charged it fully and got out of my house, after a few minutes telephone shut itself down no battery no nothing, I had to charge it back to use it, and after that happened several times I understood that telephone got crazy and bought myself an Iphone 5s even though I hate Iphone's. Meanwhile I only used my BB when it was on charge other than that it was impossible to use BB more than 10 minutes.

Oh BTW I also bought a new battery and phone still didn't work. So it's all about the phone going crazy without a reason.
    It sounds like your device hard-bricked itself. Hardware failure.
    If you don't like iPhones, why did you buy one? Should've juts bought a new BlackBerry 10 phone.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    11-19-13 09:30 AM
    I had this happen to my wife. I pulled the battery over night. Next day it was fine.

BB Proud
    I know this sounds dumb, but I read on a non cb forum that someone tried this and it worked. I gave it a try and it worked for me. I think some residual power remains in the device once the battery is pulled. Keeping it out allows a complete drain. It sort of sounds like pulling the power plug from a PC for 30, then plugging back in.

BB Proud
    11-19-13 09:33 AM
    Oh about the "crappy phone" part. I LOVED Blackberry's phones, especially the "Torch". The reason I'm saying BB is crappy is that ALL OF THEIR PHONES have issues even if you don't touch them at all. My Torch got dead few years ago too, when 9900 got released my Torch got crazy and I bought 9900 few days after it even though I didn't want to. Now same thing happened with my 9900 and I bought 5S, 6-7 days later. And I will never buy any sort of BB Product even though it was my favourite brand and cell phone manufacturer. End of my love story with BB. And reason is the company itself. They want you to pay a grand or even more for their phone when it gets released, then all of a sudden it becomes unusable because of their own fault.

I'm pretty sure this is one of the main reason why BB right now is going broke, at first I was very sad and broken about the fact that the company I loved the most going down the drain but now I simply don't give a rats *** because they totally had it coming and they deserved it.
    11-19-13 09:33 AM
    Bring it back where you bought it, there is warranty of 2 years or so. Atleast in the Netherlands. Or else get the BBSAK programma maybe it will help.... bbsak.org

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 09:37 AM
    It sounds like your device hard-bricked itself. Hardware failure.
    If you don't like iPhones, why did you buy one? Should've juts bought a new BlackBerry 10 phone.

So you saying that it's a hardware failure, that's what I thought after all the research but do you have any idea what can be done about this trash to save it ?

About the reason why I bought Iphone is it was the best bet on the market right now and there weren't any other good phones worth buying other than 5S.

The problem with the Iphone is I don't like the fact that it is fully made of touch screen unlike 9900. I have sweaty palms and makes it really hard to use touch screen when my palms are sweaty and sadly %75 of the time they are wet. So buying BB 10 phone would be the same because of the screen. So I took my chance with Iphone which are relatively better than BB. You will see the new BB's will cause similar issues we have right now in 2 years tops. So why not risk it.

BB Blew it all, I will probably (%98) won't "waste" my money on their products again.
    11-19-13 09:40 AM
    Bring it back where you bought it, there is warranty of 2 years or so. Atleast in the Netherlands. Or else get the BBSAK programma maybe it will help.... bbsak.org

Posted via CB10
    Please read my OP carefully. The main problem is my personal information is inside the phone... So I need to make it work back to get them.
    11-19-13 09:42 AM
    I know this sounds dumb, but I read on a non cb forum that someone tried this and it worked. I gave it a try and it worked for me. I think some residual power remains in the device once the battery is pulled. Keeping it out allows a complete drain. It sort of sounds like pulling the power plug from a PC for 30, then plugging back in.

BB Proud
    Was your wife's phone in the same condition as mine? Also I tried those things a lot but will give it a shot again, but I think it's a problem about hardware, but I don't know what to do, waiting for more answers
    11-19-13 10:07 AM
    The reason I'm saying BB is crappy is that ALL OF THEIR PHONES have issues even if you don't touch them at all. And reason is the company itself. They want you to pay a grand or even more for their phone when it gets released, then all of a sudden it becomes unusable because of their own fault.
    Not ALL of their phones fail, or even have the slightest problem whatever. Ive had as few BBs and aside from a sticky trackball once or twice (not the companies fault) I haven't had any issues ever. So it must be you, you supplier, or someone you let have access to your phone, if ALL your phones have issues. I would bet that since that is likely the case your iPhone will suffer the same unfound abuse and fail also. So at the end of the day its always best if you speak for yourself, your personal experience, your personal devices, and not ALL of them.
    drknobs and SW29 like this.
    11-19-13 10:22 AM
    Did you back up your device before it crashed? You can save yourself a lot of anxiety if you just restore from your last backup.
    mkmilan likes this.
    11-19-13 10:48 AM
    So you saying that it's a hardware failure, that's what I thought after all the research but do you have any idea what can be done about this trash to save it ?

About the reason why I bought Iphone is it was the best bet on the market right now and there weren't any other good phones worth buying other than 5S.

The problem with the Iphone is I don't like the fact that it is fully made of touch screen unlike 9900. I have sweaty palms and makes it really hard to use touch screen when my palms are sweaty and sadly %75 of the time they are wet. So buying BB 10 phone would be the same because of the screen. So I took my chance with Iphone which are relatively better than BB. You will see the new BB's will cause similar issues we have right now in 2 years tops. So why not risk it.

BB Blew it all, I will probably (%98) won't "waste" my money on their products again.
    The BlackBerry Q10 has a keyboard. The only thing you need the touchscreen for is navigation, and because it's all gesture-driven it's easy. And unlike BBOS, BB10 does not have any of the stability problems of old. They're dead reliable (unless you're running a leak, in which case there are a few bugs and such). I've never heard of a BB10 phone being hard-bricked, ever.

And in the future, perform regular backups. You can't trust any technology to never fail.

11-19-13 11:16 AM
    Sounds like a battery issue actually.
    Sounds like there were dead cells in there.
    Have you tried another battery? Haven't seen any mention of that?
    If you can I would try get my hands on a another battery to test.
    Also did you use BBProtect? On legacy devices you could choose what that backed up.
    Have you tried leaving the device in the charger for atleast 24hrs and seeing if the results differ?

Curious about how long you've had the device for? Are we calling hardware failure on a brand new device or atleast a 2 year old device. I had my 9900 for the full 2 year contract period, still have it and it still works perfectly, although I realise that doesn't help you.

**** my bad I see you did mention getting a new battery
    Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    11-19-13 11:36 AM
    I think the problem you are facing is frustrating you to say that bb has hardware problem with their all phones which is no right
    yuvaraki and npunk42 like this.
    11-19-13 12:07 PM
    Was your wife's phone in the same condition as mine? Also I tried those things a lot but will give it a shot again, but I think it's a problem about hardware, but I don't know what to do, waiting for more answers
    It's been over a year since it happened. I found no solutions in the CB forums. I can't remember if it was identical problem ad yours. But her 9900 was bricked. I think the LED went red, then off. I swapped batteries, chargers, nothing. Left the battery out over night, popped it back in, in the morning and it fired right up.

BB Proud
    11-19-13 12:32 PM
    Not ALL of their phones fail, or even have the slightest problem whatever. Ive had as few BBs and aside from a sticky trackball once or twice (not the companies fault) I haven't had any issues ever. So it must be you, you supplier, or someone you let have access to your phone, if ALL your phones have issues. I would bet that since that is likely the case your iPhone will suffer the same unfound abuse and fail also. So at the end of the day its always best if you speak for yourself, your personal experience, your personal devices, and not ALL of them.
    LOL x99

Don't be so naive, If you check the forum you will see %80 of the threads are about ISSUES CAUSED BY THE BB ITSELF, battery drain, phone freezing etc etc. It's known world wide that BB's always have issues big or small most of the time. I'm very careful user and I NEVER abuse my phones, and I used 2 Iphones years ago the first gen and 3G/S and none of them caused me any problems. Than, since I loved BB and BBM I bought myself a Torch when it got released after a year maybe less than a year phone started to freeze and slow down and that is supposed to be my fault??? LOL hell no it's totally BB's poor software/hardware whatever you wanna call it. And EVERYONE I talked who had a BB had SIMILAR ISSUES, such as phone acting sketchy, slowing down, battery draining instantly, or even worse the phone doesn't open at all. Whoever says BB's phones are FLAWLESS are naive, or in other words dumb. Every phone has flaws. Even Iphone 5S has software flaws right now, but it's NOWHERE NEAR BB's problems. So please stop fooling yourself and if you are not going to help me solve my own problem don't write unhelpful comments below this post. Have a good day.
    11-19-13 12:51 PM
    Did you back up your device before it crashed? You can save yourself a lot of anxiety if you just restore from your last backup.
    Is there a clear way that I can check whether I have the back up of it on my PC or not? Can you help me with that please? Thanks
    11-19-13 12:52 PM
    LOL x99

Don't be so naive, If you check the forum you will see %80 of the threads are about ISSUES CAUSED BY THE BB ITSELF, battery drain, phone freezing etc etc. It's known world wide that BB's always have issues big or small most of the time. I'm very careful user and I NEVER abuse my phones, and I used 2 Iphones years ago the first gen and 3G/S and none of them caused me any problems. Than, since I loved BB and BBM I bought myself a Torch when it got released after a year maybe less than a year phone started to freeze and slow down and that is supposed to be my fault??? LOL hell no it's totally BB's poor software/hardware whatever you wanna call it. And EVERYONE I talked who had a BB had SIMILAR ISSUES, such as phone acting sketchy, slowing down, battery draining instantly, or even worse the phone doesn't open at all. Whoever says BB's phones are FLAWLESS are naive, or in other words dumb. Every phone has flaws. Even Iphone 5S has software flaws right now, but it's NOWHERE NEAR BB's problems. So please stop fooling yourself and if you are not going to help me solve my own problem don't write unhelpful comments below this post. Have a good day.
    Nobody is saying BBOS is flawless. It has many flaws, hence why BlackBerry is dropping it. BB10, however, is on par with iOS, I'd say.

11-19-13 12:53 PM
    The BlackBerry Q10 has a keyboard. The only thing you need the touchscreen for is navigation, and because it's all gesture-driven it's easy. And unlike BBOS, BB10 does not have any of the stability problems of old. They're dead reliable (unless you're running a leak, in which case there are a few bugs and such). I've never heard of a BB10 phone being hard-bricked, ever.

And in the future, perform regular backups. You can't trust any technology to never fail.

I don't have any experience on new gen Blackberry's but so far they've been a dissapointment for me and I don't want to take that chance again. And you will see in a year those new gen BB's will have similar problems just like the old ones. Because when I bought 9900 after Torch became unusable I told the same to myself as you told me. But again 9900 failed too. Anyway can you help me further more about this problem I've right now please.
    11-19-13 12:55 PM
    Is there a clear way that I can check whether I have the back up of it on my PC or not? Can you help me with that please? Thanks
    I'm not familiar with BlackBerry Device Manager, but you should be able to find it somewhere in there. I'm not sure if BDM allows you to view backups without loading them onto a phone. If it's anything like BlackBerry Link (for BB10) you can't, but BDM had much more control over this sort of stuff, I'm told.

11-19-13 12:56 PM
    Sounds like a battery issue actually.
    Sounds like there were dead cells in there.
    Have you tried another battery? Haven't seen any mention of that?
    If you can I would try get my hands on a another battery to test.
    Also did you use BBProtect? On legacy devices you could choose what that backed up.
    Have you tried leaving the device in the charger for atleast 24hrs and seeing if the results differ?

Curious about how long you've had the device for? Are we calling hardware failure on a brand new device or atleast a 2 year old device. I had my 9900 for the full 2 year contract period, still have it and it still works perfectly, although I realise that doesn't help you.

**** my bad I see you did mention getting a new battery
    Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    haha yeah I did mention about the battery I tried everything you said above, also I honestly don't remember when I got it or where I got it but it was after a few months of its release.
    11-19-13 12:56 PM
    I think the problem you are facing is frustrating you to say that bb has hardware problem with their all phones which is no right
    Check my message above, the long one. %99,9 of them have it sorry man
    11-19-13 12:57 PM
    I'm not familiar with BlackBerry Device Manager, but you should be able to find it somewhere in there. I'm not sure if BDM allows you to view backups without loading them onto a phone. If it's anything like BlackBerry Link (for BB10) you can't, but BDM had much more control over this sort of stuff, I'm told.

Thanks, I'm still waiting certain answer on how to check it. But AFAIK you can't view them without loading them on a new phone. So this sadly means I will simply have to buy another BB to see my back up. Anyway first I need to make sure if I have the back up or not :/
    11-19-13 12:59 PM
60 123