Woke up to a blinking red light with nothing showing on the screen. Did a soft reboot to no avail, and did a few battery pulls as well with no luck.

Looks like the Sprint store for me?
    02-01-12 04:05 AM
    Thats a common problem. A forum search ought to cure it.
    02-01-12 05:36 AM
    Thats a common problem. A forum search ought to cure it.
    Unfortunately searching the forum does not resolve this issue that a lot of people are having with this phone. Looks like the phone is done for after only 3 months.

I'm a loyal BB user for years now, but I am seriously thinking of a switch.
    02-01-12 05:50 AM
    I have a few questions for you:

What method/system do you use to charge your Blackberry 9900?
    Have you had random reboots on the device leading up to the failure?
    Have you noticed the device feeling excessively/noticeably hotter on occasion?
    What OS was on the device?

Thanks,
    DG
    02-01-12 06:13 AM
    I have a few questions for you:

What method/system do you use to charge your Blackberry? I mostly use the wall charger when my Otterbox is on, and when it is naked the pos charger. This occurred with the wall charger
    Have you had random reboots on the device leading up to the failure? Never
    Have you noticed the device feeling excessively/noticeably hotter on occasion? Last night before I went to bed yes. I had the camera on for some strange reason with the battery drained down to nothing. I then charged it over night to wake up bricked.
    What OS was on the device? 7.0

Thanks,
    DG
    Looks like a trip to the Sprint store is unevitable unless I can load an OS myself on this.
    02-01-12 06:24 AM
    Unable to connect to DM or BBSAK. Guess I will go with my handy Tour phone for the time being....
    02-01-12 08:44 AM
    I think your phone has over-temped itself. It needs to be returned if you haven't already. I believe that the phone is capable of producing an excessive load on the battery and exceeding the internal temperature capacity of the power distribution circuitry. This can occur either plugged into the OEM AC Blackberry USB charger or all on its own.

I think or maybe its hope, that RIM has recognized this failure mode. When the phone reaches a internal temperature limit, it will reboot itself with a newer OS. I think this is why we all are experiencing random reboots. My hypothesis so far....

If the back of your phone is getting hot. It's time to pull the battery and reboot.

dg
    02-04-12 02:50 PM
    Yeah I returned it for the $35 "stock" fee..... I won't even get into the horror show I had with Sprint to return a 3 month old phone. What a joke.
    02-04-12 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD