So on the 31st I texted back and forth just a couple of times with a friend and haven't since, but since I've been receiving this phantom message from her number. There's nothing in the body of the message, just a blank template. Amd what's really peculiar is that in front of her number is a star, or asterisk symbol, which I've never seen before.

Is she trying to kessage me and for some reason it's not coming through, or is my phone just tweeking out on her number only for some reason?

Love any ideas or suggestions, because it's really buggin' me...

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Tapatalk
    02-13-12 01:08 PM
    can you make a screenshot of it beyondthebox?
    02-13-12 01:16 PM
    Ha, next time it pops up. I just deleted it.

02-13-12 01:24 PM
    So on the 31st I texted back and forth just a couple of times with a friend and haven't since, but since I've been receiving this phantom message from her number. There's nothing in the body of the message, just a blank template. Amd what's really peculiar is that in front of her number is a star, or asterisk symbol, which I've never seen before.

Is she trying to kessage me and for some reason it's not coming through, or is my phone just tweeking out on her number only for some reason?

Love any ideas or suggestions, because it's really buggin' me...

I have a similar occurance - my wife sometimes sends blanks every so often, only difference is her number shows up, no asterisk. I think it's a network/carrier issue as it's happened over the years we've been on Verizon. However, it might be worth noting that she won't use anything other than LG and it's happened at least once on every model.
    02-13-12 01:24 PM
    Ha, next time it pops up. I just deleted it.

lol haa there you fixed it then i guess!.
    i have experienced a simliar matter a long time ago 1/2 times.
    but as from now on, i don't get it anymore.
    02-13-12 01:28 PM
    What's really wierd is that the message date and time stamp is still the 31st. As if a reply were coming thru without message and that odd asterisk.

At first I thought its some read message confirmation, but I don't have any of that selected in my options and she's using an Android, as far as I know.

02-13-12 01:30 PM
    What's really wierd is that the message date and time stamp is still the 31st. As if a reply were coming thru without message and that odd asterisk.

At first I thought its some read message confirmation, but I don't have any of that selected in my options and she's using an Android, as far as I know.

We may be talking two different things then - the ones I get all have name and correct timestamp.
    02-13-12 01:39 PM
    lol haa there you fixed it then i guess!.
    i have experienced a simliar matter a long time ago 1/2 times.
    but as from now on, i don't get it anymore.
    Ha, yeah, it's happened 3 or 4 times now in the last couple of weeks. Still curious about it and I keep deleting it, but it keeps coming back.

02-13-12 01:44 PM
    To clarify, it's not like a new message, it's like an old one popping back up. I don't get any notification, it's not in bold as if I've missed something new and there is no body to it, it's just there.

And theres no mistaking it for something I've forgoten to delete, not even the first time because I delete everything the second I read or send it. My inbox is always clear.

02-13-12 11:29 PM
    Just curious, do you have visual voice mail and a message preview app running?
    02-14-12 01:11 AM
    I actually had something kinda (not) like this.

I got texts with no sender and no message on them.

It was eerie..
    02-14-12 01:14 AM
    Just curious, do you have visual voice mail and a message preview app running?
    I have VVM, but no message preview app, or at least nothing more than the native message app.

02-14-12 12:17 PM
    received an anonymous mms once.the text read-happy new year.so don't know if that would be considered a phantom text message.
    02-15-12 02:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD