All - hoping someone has a solution here. I recently switch back to Blackberry and love it, but I also had my work set up my enterprise email. Here's my question - is there any way ( or separate apps) that I can use for personal contacts and calendar entries? Now that I sync with BES, all of my personal contacts are in my work outlook. Same for my calendar. Two reasons this is frustrating: 1) now my work contacts are cluttered with all my personal contacts so when I'm at my desk at work, my contacts seem excessively cluttered, and 2) my assistants have access to my calendar and contacts. I don't keep anything strange in there, I'd just rather not have all my personal contacts and calendar entries merged into my work account. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I work at a law firm where we're constantly collecting custodians work mailbox, and I'd just like to be able to keep it separate.

Second thing, if there is a solution or app, I'd want something that would sync somewhere as if my bb were to die, I don't want to lose all my personal stuff. Oh, and I can't use google sync - it caused major problems with my enterprise calendar.

Thanks all!
    12-25-11 09:12 AM
    where do you keep your personal calendar and contacts? as you mention google sync i would assume google?

if so add your google account as a BIS account and let BIS sync your calendar and contacts seperately from your work items. its far more reliable than the google sync app
    12-25-11 02:01 PM
    Yes, I do keep my personal contacts and calendar in google, however, ever since they set up my enterprise mail, all my contacts, both personal and work are in my gmail contacts and my work outlook. I do have my gmail set up as a BIS account.
    12-26-11 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD