I have had issues about every other day with not being able to hear ring tone or called person (owa). I also loose ring tone and no sound when phone call comes into my phone. Reboot resolves. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm running 7.1.0.163 (457) on Sprint 9930. I might try to reloas OS tonight. Also thinking about taking the phone to service center. Thanks
    01-23-12 02:09 PM
    Yeah.....you wouldn't want tight sounds man!!!
    01-23-12 03:15 PM
    I think its OS 7.1 related, or at least this release. This started happening to me recently and with me trying to buy a house right now Im needing all of my phone calls. right now Im currently downgrading for the second time. I upgraded to 7.1 via OTA the day it released and noticed this release had the phone call issue and media player issues. The phones media processor will become busy and require a reboot. i use my media player every day. I downgraded to 7.0 again and used it for a couple days and then I wiped my phone and installed OS 7.1 again. Same issues so Im going back to 7.0 again as I type. I have been very very patient with blackberry but it is starting to get to me. I hope the next release/leak is much better but I have my doubts
    01-23-12 10:18 PM
    i went to 7.1.0.210 and i lost sound.

i went back to .190

seems to have fixed the issue.
    01-23-12 11:00 PM
    Yeah.....you wouldn't want tight sounds man!!!

Lmao..I spilled my drink cause of this one..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-23-12 11:58 PM
    I have had issues about every other day with not being able to hear ring tone or called person (owa). I also loose ring tone and no sound when phone call comes into my phone. Reboot resolves. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm running 7.1.0.163 (457) on Sprint 9930. I might try to reloas OS tonight. Also thinking about taking the phone to service center. Thanks
    Do you have a flashlight app?

Look at this post, read through it: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...orking-684807/

Does this help?
    01-24-12 12:08 AM
    No flashlight app installed. I decided to go to the sprint store last night and have them take a look. They had it for about 30 minutes in the back and said that they knew of this issue and it required some software updates. When I picked it up they expanded and said that there had to load some updated software off of app world. Whatever that means. Anyway, I told them thanks and promised I would be back if the issue with owa and loss of audio was still an issue. Ill see if this helps (skeptical). Thanks for all the replies. Ill report back if things seem better
    01-24-12 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD