Per @Bla1ze via Twitter:

"crackberry CrackBerry.com
    Multiple confirmations (again) that Sprints release date for new BB devices is Aug 21st - Bla1ze"

Let's hope that's true, right? RIGHT?!
    08-03-11 09:22 PM
    AT&T, what the **** are you doing? If you have a close enough relationship with RIM to get exclusivity with the 9810 I'm sure RIM didn't surprise you with the 9900 all of a sudden. It's been cooking in your lab's for far too long.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-11 09:28 PM
    AT&T, what the **** are you doing? If you have a close enough relationship with RIM to get exclusivity with the 9810 I'm sure RIM didn't surprise you with the 9900 all of a sudden. It's been cooking in your lab's for far too long.

Our experts say it still needs time. At least youll get both Torches prior to the 9900 and be able to mess with all 3 before making a decision.
    08-03-11 09:33 PM
    AT&T was the only carrier to get the Torch in the first place. Let Sprint customers have some of the excitement.
    juanitaspanks and Pr3ston27 like this.
    08-03-11 09:34 PM
    Per @Bla1ze via Twitter:

Multiple confirmations (again) that Sprints release date for new BB devices is Aug 21st - Bla1ze"

We can hope this is true.
    08-04-11 02:05 AM

Honestly, the way I see it is AT&T either is waiting until September or mid-October to release it.

Think about it this way: the iPhone 5 is most likely coming out end of September / beginning of October. We all know AT&T is going to invest their time and money into advertising the **** out of it simply because it's popular and sells like crazy.

That being said, AT&T could try and release the Bold 9900 at the same time (or around thereof) as the iPhone in order to either:

- Kill the Bold quickly because they love Apple and hate RIM or
    - Provide some competition to the iPhone 5 because AT&T gets tired of Apple's demands and stunts on selling the phone.

On the opposite end, AT&T could be willing to give RIM a fair shot and wait until after the iPhone heat cools down before releasing it.

Personally, they should have just released the phones this month; there's no reason to hold onto them unless they actually are having issues with testing or they are waiting until they can push them out for the Holiday season.
    08-04-11 03:36 AM
    How and why has this Sprint release thread turned into an AT&T discussion. Not much info here.

lewisc1979 and 757EliasHZ like this.
    08-04-11 04:37 AM
    Per @Bla1ze via Twitter:

Thanks for posting this. It has calmed my fears...for now anyways.

lewisc1979 likes this.
    08-04-11 08:06 AM
    I spoke to the BlackBerry Store rep the other day and he seems August 21st is Sprint's release date for the Bold 9930. Maybe Sprint isn't doing a huge push for the BlackBerrys and is giving a "Fall" timeframe because most people assume after labor day (in the US) that it's "fall" season. ****, even Samual Adams already has their Ocktoberfest seasonal beer out already, and they noramlly have it out after labor day

08-04-11 09:39 AM
    I have my fingers crossed for the 21st. I am patiently waiting for the launch but it just seems to drag on.

atuarre likes this.
    08-04-11 01:17 PM
    I have my fingers crossed for the 21st. I am patiently waiting for the launch but it just seems to drag on.

Me also. There was a time when I would carrier hop depending on who got the device first, but I will not do that anymore. Sprint and T-Mobile by far have the lowest prices, and I left T-Mobile shortly after the merger started getting approval from bought and paid for congressional members.

I have hope for Sprint getting it on the date stated above.
    08-04-11 02:06 PM
    Me also. There was a time when I would carrier hop depending on who got the device first, but I will not do that anymore. Sprint and T-Mobile by far have the lowest prices, and I left T-Mobile shortly after the merger started getting approval from bought and paid for congressional members.

I have hope for Sprint getting it on the date stated above.
    I'm pretty loyal to Sprint. Been a customer since 1999 and have always found a decent device from their selection. So as I stated above I will sit quietly (sometimes not so quietly) on the sidelines and wait for the 9930 to be released. Wish I could see some more documentation that would support the 8/21 release date just to ease my anxiety just a bit
    08-04-11 05:33 PM
    I'm pretty loyal to Sprint. Been a customer since 1999 and have always found a decent device from their selection. So as I stated above I will sit quietly (sometimes not so quietly) on the sidelines and wait for the 9930 to be released. Wish I could see some more documentation that would support the 8/21 release date just to ease my anxiety just a bit
    Same here, unfortunatly I called like 4 different Sprint stores around me, and they all had the same pat answer, they won't know until a week before it's released. bla1ze on twitter seems very confident in his belief of still August 21st has the Sprint release date. I called and left a message with Mark Elliott who wrote the Sprint newsroom release about BlackBerry OS7 devices coming this fall, and also e-mailed him. I seriously doubt he'll respond with a definate relase date, but it's worth a shot, right? and as I said before, the salesman I called at the BlackBerry store also seemed pretty confident of August 21st or at least late August release date for the Bold 9930 for Sprint. I'm going to try Sprint and the BlackBerry store again around August 15th, by then, if it's coming out on the 21st, then they'd HAVE to know by then.
    08-04-11 05:48 PM
    Same here, unfortunatly I called like 4 different Sprint stores around me, and they all had the same pat answer, they won't know until a week before it's released. bla1ze on twitter seems very confident in his belief of still August 21st has the Sprint release date. I called and left a message with Mark Elliott who wrote the Sprint newsroom release about BlackBerry OS7 devices coming this fall, and also e-mailed him. I seriously doubt he'll respond with a definate relase date, but it's worth a shot, right? and as I said before, the salesman I called at the BlackBerry store also seemed pretty confident of August 21st or at least late August release date for the Bold 9930 for Sprint. I'm going to try Sprint and the BlackBerry store again around August 15th, by then, if it's coming out on the 21st, then they'd HAVE to know by then.
    The people in the Sprint owned retail locations will not know anything until training comes down the pipe. Retail sales people like to think they know everything but unfortunately in any wireless company that is not the case. I think b2b (major markets) and indirect sales channels will know before the retail sales channel finds out.

Sent wirelessly
    08-04-11 06:08 PM
    At@t is sept 28. A friend

08-04-11 06:13 PM
    Got this from Sprint Online Chat.....take it for what its worth....

08/04/2011 07:05:27PM jj92799: "Is the new Blackberry Bold 9930 still to be released August 21?"
    08/04/2011 07:06:16PM Agent (Arthur K): "Let me check this for you."
    08/04/2011 07:06:23PM jj92799: "Thanks"
    08/04/2011 07:08:29PM Agent (Arthur K): "Thank you for your patience, I will have that information shortly."
    08/04/2011 07:08:45PM jj92799: "Sure, take your time"
    08/04/2011 07:09:21PM Agent (Arthur K): "Thank you."
    08/04/2011 07:11:13PM Agent (Arthur K): "Thank you for your time."
    08/04/2011 07:11:14PM Agent (Arthur K): "I have checked that we have no certain date for the launch of Blackberry bold however this will released by the end of this month."
    08/04/2011 07:11:43PM jj92799: "Ok, sounds good....thank you for your time"
    leftypepper716 likes this.
    08-04-11 06:17 PM
    The people in the Sprint owned retail locations will not know anything until training comes down the pipe. Retail sales people like to think they know everything but unfortunately in any wireless company that is not the case. I think b2b (major markets) and indirect sales channels will know before the retail sales channel finds out.

Sent wirelessly
    Agreed...but even the Sprint store salespeople would HAVE to know by August 15th if? Sprint does release the Bold 9930 on Sunday August 21st. Kinda funny too, because one Sprint store rep was positive Sprint is getting the Torch2 lol, when I told him he was mistaking the name Torch 9850 for the slider, he said "NO, Sprint IS getting the Torch2 Slider, just like At&t's" so yes, Carrier reps usually have no clue what thier own company sells. and as for At&t delaying possibly the Bold 9900, like other posters have said, they'd rather get the Torch 9810 out 1st, it was a huge seller for them last year. But back to Sprint, they have no excuse NOT to get at least the Bold 9930 out before the end of August.
    08-04-11 06:23 PM
    The encouraging thing about the Aug 21st release date is that is a Sunday and Sprint does have a long track record of releasing devices on a Sunday.

08-04-11 06:30 PM
    I would really, really like to have the 9930 in my hand before 9/1.
    08-04-11 07:25 PM
    I also went on Sprint's online chat and chatted with a csr and ask if the BB Bold 9930 is still coming out 08/21 and the csr wrote back "We are about to release the BlackBerry Bold 9930" "However currently we do not have the exact date" then I ask if they knew about how soon it'd be released and he wrote back "I am sorry, we cannot provide this information currently, however it will update online very soon". So hopefully Sprint will still land this phone 08/21

08-04-11 08:21 PM
    At least things are looking a little better for Sprint than it is for Big "Rip Off" Red.....just sayin
    08-04-11 08:32 PM
    At least things are looking a little better for Sprint than it is for Big "Rip Off" Red.....just sayin
    Well, that was only a matter of time before vzw was brought into the thread. Your perceived price-to-value of a carrier is probably very different from mine and many others. I don't enjoy paying more $ for vzw but for where I work and play, vzw has the best network by far and it's critical for my job. I can go from Bangor, ME to Hartford, CT to Burlington, VT and never drop the call. No other network has coverage like that. It's only a ripoff if you are paying more for the same service, which they aren't.

Back on topic - I had Sprint for quite a while years ago, and was always disappointed that Sprint always had the worst selection of devices. You guys deserve a little love, so who cares if Sprint gets it first? Good for them. They seem like they are righting the ship ever so slowly and its good for the whole industry and the economy, however small an impact it has. Nothing bad can come from Sprint being more competitive.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kjjb0204; 08-04-11 at 08:50 PM.
    lewisc1979 likes this.
    08-04-11 08:42 PM
    I feel for the folks hawking cell phones at the carrier store level - they keep them in the dark and generally treat them very poorly...
    ...Jandrson is right about "Red" - they are a absolute rip off.
    08-04-11 08:42 PM
    Well, that was only a matter of time before vzw was brought into the thread. Your perceived price-to-value of a carrier is probably very different from mine and many others. I don't like paying more $ for vzw but for where I work and play, vzw has the best network by far and it's critical for my job. I can go from Bangor, ME to Hartford, CT to Burlington, VT and never drop the call. No other network has coverage like that. It's only a ripoff if you are paying more for the same service, which they aren't.

Back on topic - I had Sprint for quite a while years ago, and was always disappointed that Sprint always had the worst selection of devices. You guys deserve a little love, so who cares if Sprint gets it first? Good for them. They seem like they are righting the ship ever so slowly and its good for the whole industry and the economy, however small an impact it has. Nothing bad can come from Sprint being more competitive.

I know exactly what you're saying...you get what you pay for and in my area the service is EXACTLY the same, how do I know, I use to work for Verizon and all along when I was working for them I would not give up my Sprint for Verizon, just because of the price.....and even with Verizon discounts to employees Sprint was still cheaper.....just sayin
    08-04-11 08:50 PM
    I know exactly what you're saying...you get what you pay for and in my area the service is EXACTLY the same, how do I know, I use to work for Verizon and all along when I was working for them I would not give up my Sprint for Verizon, just because of the price.....and even with Verizon discounts to employees Sprint was still cheaper.....just sayin
    Agree completely. If the service and device selection are equal, I would go back to Sprint at the end of my vzw contract.

08-04-11 08:53 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD