What are you smoking?

So I guess people gravitate towards mediocrity if what you say is the case.

The 500,000 activation per day data is distorted, but you can't dismiss that popular items are of good quality just because you don't like the data that Android is blowing up.
    wacotoobaco, why do you think so many things are made in China, because the masses want the absolute best?

People want what is in style, cheap, and most of all people want a device that does everything. That is why so many new phones come out so quickly and most of them never get refined. Does that make them best? I don't think so, I just think it makes them popular.

Good screen name for asking others what they smoke.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by olblueyez; 08-18-11 at 07:31 PM.
    08-18-11 07:28 PM
    Someone please explain how OS7 is light years beyond OS6.

Thanks
    08-18-11 07:44 PM
    What are you smoking?

So I guess people gravitate towards mediocrity if what you say is the case.
    The popularity of something as painfully simple as the ios is proof of that. Never underestimate the stupidity of large groups of people. Simply because something is more wide-fully accepted does not make it "better".
    08-19-11 06:07 AM
    I think what he's saying is that there isn't anything missing from the OS functionality. If so, what functionality is missing? Just saying "it's outdated" is extremely subjective.
    Ehm, no even objectively speaking its outdated. Even RIM has admitted this. If not, then why make a big deal out of QNX and the coming phone that uses it as an OS?

08-19-11 06:35 AM
    it is outdated and even RIM knows that. This is the reason that RIM is replacing it in about 6 months. It needs a make over and to get with the current generation of smartphones.

And the android system works. 500,000 activations a day proves that.

The new phones are the best ever by RIM but OS 6.1 is still limited in what it can do with the hardware
    You keep saying that, 500,000 activations doesnt prove ****and dont forget the 40% return rate. BB OS does just work with no force closes
    Last edited by ratchetjaw; 08-19-11 at 09:12 AM.
    TheJlNC likes this.
    08-19-11 08:55 AM
    I do not agree with this review, at all, nor do I agree that the OS is outdated. Just because it does not let you play with fart apps, or whatever else the stupid iPhone does.

If you don't like Blackberry, sell it, and leave. Period.

This review, much like the crap that spews on BGR is nothing but crap and the writer should burn in mobile phone **** for it.
    08-19-11 09:02 AM
    I think what he's saying is that there isn't anything missing from the OS functionality. If so, what functionality is missing? Just saying "it's outdated" is extremely subjective.

Honestly, I really like how BB OS integrates apps into the menu systems and a lot of other things are great about it to. I would hate for everything to look like iOS and I think a lot of people on these forums actually LIKE BB OS (even if they want to see QNX phones.)

RIM wants to change their OS to attract people who want an iOS/android like experience but that doesn't mean that OS7 is bad or lacking anything.
    Exactly... i am no fan boy and have used and like other OS (RIP webOs ) but what you said is so true. Only reason i ever left was lack of hardware which has been corrected. I honestly dont get the outdated comments. How is Android anymore current sans Htc Sense add on. I truly dont get this argument. Guess its just me
    08-19-11 09:03 AM
    I do not agree with this review, at all, nor do I agree that the OS is outdated.

Just because it does not let you play with fart apps,
    There's your fart app.

Buy The Best Fart App - iBee Farting - Download The Best Fart App - iBee Farting - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

or whatever else the stupid iPhone does.
    Iphone does a lot who knows you may have change of mind lol
    I suggest android though

If you don't like Blackberry, sell it, and leave. Period.
    Now hey now I was long time BB user that was going to hop on 9900 till finding out how RIM skimped.
    you suggesting old school leave period is not very nice

This review, much like the crap that spews on BGR is nothing but crap and the writer should burn in mobile phone **** for it.
    Not crap it was mostly fact.
    Yes BGR can be off iphone pansy's but their pretty much right on with 9900 review
    08-19-11 09:41 AM
    Wow what a terrible review. Most the reviews I have read are objective and share the goog with the "things that could be improved". I had the firsr BB Bold and it was a good phone, except the limited app storage and speed.. I have also owned an Android and iPhone.

.y experience with Android is that it was fraught with bugs and it seemed a standard practice for one to accept that the OS was going to need updates in order for the phone to work as advertised. I had the Thunderbolt and when I used the update,
    It generated more problems. I did though, like that you could customize.

Got tired of the iPhone and being restricted on what apps I could buy and how I could customize the phone.

With all that said, I am a returning Bold user and absolutely love the phone. The qnx OS that is coming I'm sure will be nice but I don't understand, other than the multi-tasking which is touted by BB on the PlayBook, how will it benefit a phone? I am asking because I do not really know. Anyone?

In closing, it was a poorly written review and I do not agree with its comments at all. Btw, from what source did the poster get that 500,000 android phones were being activated daily. I'd like to read that article myself...

08-19-11 09:43 AM
    Most of the reviews I have read had been bias. It like this phone is AWESOME ... But its a blackberry. Can we just call it what it is... An awesome phone.

08-19-11 09:48 AM
    Man, if this guy is any indication of what it takes to be a pro blogger, I need to work on my copy/paste skills. Apparently that's all it takes.

How about you buy the damn thing and review it yourself? I can't believe this guy is getting traffic and bandwidth off of this sorry excuse for an article. I guess all it takes to be a tech journalist these days are some good copy/paste skills.
    08-19-11 10:29 AM
    Why Do people keep referring To the OS as 'Outdated'? When I think of Outdated OS i think of Symbian S60, The Blackberry OS works, Which I don't think can be said for the Likes of Android which is cluttered and confusing, At the end of the Day the OS is only as outdated as the person using it.
    I haven't understood this either. Android and iOS have the same UI since the beginning but they are revolutionary. I know there is a lot more to an OS than just the UI but lets face it the majority of the consumers buying these devices are common idiots and that is the first thing they notice and probably the only thing that matters at the end of the day. But the BB OS is outdated I will never understand it I guess. Maybe I am one of the idiots for buying an outdated OS.
    08-19-11 10:46 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD