08-18-11 05:37 PM
    How can you review a phone by talking about its price tag? lol? Stopped reading after that.
    08-18-11 05:42 PM
    How can you review a phone by talking about its price tag? lol? Stopped reading after that.

Can't tell if your being serious..
    08-18-11 05:42 PM
    wow this was such a terrible "review". Basically taking the worst lines from every review and making one massive biased review out of it.

In terms of RIM hating, this review takes the cake.
    08-18-11 05:51 PM
    I quit reading after they couldn't spell QWERTY keyboard.

"The hybrid touchscreen device rocks the famous BlackBerry QWRTY keyboard"
    08-18-11 05:57 PM
    Why Do people keep referring To the OS as 'Outdated'? When I think of Outdated OS i think of Symbian S60, The Blackberry OS works, Which I don't think can be said for the Likes of Android which is cluttered and confusing, At the end of the Day the OS is only as outdated as the person using it.
    ratchetjaw#AC likes this.
    08-18-11 06:02 PM
    In case you guys haven't caught on let me fill you in. Grown men have become degenerate troll fanboys who somehow get paid to write 'reviews' such as the one posted above. Someone please tell me what makes os7 outdated, please.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    08-18-11 06:11 PM
    Why Do people keep referring To the OS as 'Outdated'? When I think of Outdated OS i think of Symbian S60, The Blackberry OS works, Which I don't think can be said for the Likes of Android which is cluttered and confusing, At the end of the Day the OS is only as outdated as the person using it.
    it is outdated and even RIM knows that. This is the reason that RIM is replacing it in about 6 months. It needs a make over and to get with the current generation of smartphones.

And the android system works. 500,000 activations a day proves that.

The new phones are the best ever by RIM but OS 6.1 is still limited in what it can do with the hardware
    tino72#CB likes this.
    08-18-11 06:14 PM
    I quit reading after they couldn't spell QWERTY keyboard.

"The hybrid touchscreen device rocks the famous BlackBerry QWRTY keyboard"
    Dude I respect your opinion, but if you didn't read any blog/review that didn't have mistakes, you would read nothing on the internet. If they can speel caveat correctly then (QWRTY) QWERTY was a mistake. Even our own bloggers miss a word here and there.
    If you don't like the review that's fine, but people make mistakes all the time. About to read to see what I think.

Edit: It was a poor excuse of a review although there were some good comments in there. Point is if you're going to post a review, actually review it.
    08-18-11 06:16 PM
    So they can short the stock.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    08-18-11 06:20 PM
    Why Do people keep referring To the OS as 'Outdated'?
    it is compare to the other smart phones thats out RIM OS is Recycle from older versions
    08-18-11 06:25 PM
    well..posting the negative reviews in a BB forum arent gonna get many i agree posts..
    08-18-11 06:28 PM
    it is outdated and even RIM knows that. This is the reason that RIM is replacing it in about 6 months. It needs a make over and to get with the current generation of smartphones.

The new phones are the best ever by RIM but OS 6.1 is still limited in what it can do with the hardware
    I agree with this for the most part but not the android assessment. They are successful in part due to market saturation and lack of choices right now. In my opinion, more don't work than do work. That has been my experience though.
    08-18-11 06:32 PM
    i agree there are many that offer a very subpar experience as well.
    08-18-11 06:35 PM
    I think it comes down to many reviewers sick of waiting for RIM to step up with truly updated device

What truly updated device,

Better build quality.
    Example would be send/end keys not raised out of wack held on by glue that lets go same old same old rim assembly etc.
    1:Better battery life then past build
    2:Better Camera then past build
    3:OS out of the box thats stable no rom swaps needed aka "the leak works great go with that"
    Then users are flipping rom trying to find one that works . Its beta test playground on device launch.
    4:More apps
    5:HDMI video out/DLNA
    6:Front cam
    7:1020p video capability

If 1-7 were on the 9900 menu reviewers would be eating it up praising Rim.
    After all thats what we all want.

Those that don't expect much from RIM will always call those that want more "Haters"
    I did it for years
    08-18-11 06:36 PM

I think what he's saying is that there isn't anything missing from the OS functionality. If so, what functionality is missing? Just saying "it's outdated" is extremely subjective.

Honestly, I really like how BB OS integrates apps into the menu systems and a lot of other things are great about it to. I would hate for everything to look like iOS and I think a lot of people on these forums actually LIKE BB OS (even if they want to see QNX phones.)

RIM wants to change their OS to attract people who want an iOS/android like experience but that doesn't mean that OS7 is bad or lacking anything.
    sf49ers and ratchetjaw#AC like this.
    08-18-11 06:38 PM
    I think it comes down to many reviewers sick of waiting for RIM to step up with truly updated device

What truly updated device,

Better build quality.
    Example would be send/end keys not raised out of wack held on by glue that lets go same old same old rim assembly etc.
    1:Better battery life then past build
    2:Better Camera then past build
    3:OS out of the box thats stable no rom swaps needed aka "the leak works great go with that"
    Then users are flipping rom trying to find one that works . Its beta test playground on device launch.
    4:More apps
    5:HDMI video out/DLNA
    6:Front cam
    7:1020p video capability

If 1-7 were on the 9900 menu reviewers would be eating it up praising Rim.
    After all thats what we all want.

Those that don't expect much from RIM will always call those that want more "Haters"
    I did it for years
    I guarantee you that even if they did all of that and released it 4 months ago, they would still fail in the critical tech blog review category of "but is it an iphone?"
    08-18-11 06:44 PM

Popularity =/= Quality

Simply because a design/philosophy/product is embraced by the majority, is not indicative of effectiveness.
    08-18-11 06:50 PM
    I guarantee you that even if they did all of that and released it 4 months ago, they would still fail in the critical tech blog review category of "but is it an iphone?"
    I get what you're saying and there is truth to it. But, if you read all the reviews you might find that all the new devices tend to get a good bit of negative with the positive. The dual core sensation caught **** for being laggy despite the dual core and I think we all remember the antenna gate issues with ip4. Obviously BB is getting hammered from all sides but none of these phones are actually getting a free ride.
    08-18-11 06:59 PM
    There would be those reviews that would play down up-grades wearing Steve Job T-shirts no doubt.
    The real Reviewers would be launching fireworks screaming RIM FINALLY GETS IT!
    Those reviews would drown out the rest with past customers , new ones rushing out to get some 9900
    08-18-11 07:00 PM
    C'mon, really? It's PCWorld|MACWORLD. If you take a look at most of PCWorld's reviews, they appear to mostly biased towards anything not iOS/Apple related. I'm not a fanboy or anything, just stating the obvious.
    08-18-11 07:00 PM
    it is compare to the other smart phones thats out RIM OS is Recycle from older versions
    Like iOS? Everytime a new version comes out they add features yet the display remains the same, I'm sick of looking at pages and pages of squares
    08-18-11 07:04 PM
    Popularity =/= Quality

Simply because a design/philosophy/product is embraced by the majority, is not indicative of effectiveness.
    What are you smoking?

So I guess people gravitate towards mediocrity if what you say is the case.

The 500,000 activation per day data is distorted, but you can't dismiss that popular items are of good quality just because you don't like the data that Android is blowing up.
    08-18-11 07:05 PM
    Popularity =/= Quality

Agreed, I think because so many companies use android the wide variation of handsets pushes android numbers: example my mum has an android phone, she doesn't know that she just liked the design of the x10 mini pro
    08-18-11 07:07 PM
    Well at least the majority of BB current users and those thinking about BB would be pleased..

Instead they have things like downgrades in hardware which tick us off, while warding off any potential customer once they read a review that states anything along the lines of "less capable than the last iteration". Going back while time and tech is progressing is a death sentence overall.
    08-18-11 07:08 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD