07-15-11 10:24 PM
29 12
tools
    crocked? please elaborate...
    A lot if not all the 9650 have crocked track pads

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-11 08:18 PM
    If application registration is written to a persistent object, the developer has to use the synchronization apis in order to maintain the registered state across OS updates, otherwise the persistent object will be lost.
    I'm amazed at just how many developers don't bother to do this, though. I definitely went through the effort to implement this API in my software, and I'm assuming you have too. But most don't bother, and it gets really annoying.

It's not exactly like there is just a single BB account to log in to that handles all your app registrations. The apps are not implemented that way.
    Well, thankfully that may change in time. BlackBerry ID is probably the solution, and the APIs for using that appear to be new in OS7.
    07-15-11 09:40 PM
    I have made a list of the the common gripes against BlackBerries and hope that in 9900 it has been corrected.Here goes the list.

* Actually able to handle the html portion of all emails and not truncated
    * To be able to open a web page smoothly and fast most of the time,
    * To not stop every time one switches Apps,
    * To not take a day to reboot after NECESSARY battery pulls,
    * To not have NECESSARY and routine battery pulls
    * To have a camera that is more than just a gimmick
    * To be able to play streaming media as well as IOS/Android

I would think 1.2 Ghz processor and higher memory would fix all the above issues.

Would like 9900 users to please provide your feedback on above points based on your experience with the device.
    Ok I have gone thru the posts by 9900 owners and this is what I gather from it:

* To be able to open a web page smoothly and fast most of the time ( Fixed. Browsing experience now is faster than Iphone 4/ Bold 9780, as fast as Samsung Galaxy S2 )
    * To not stop every time one switches Apps ( Fixed. Transition is seamless and smooth with no lag )
    * To not take a day to reboot after NECESSARY battery pulls(Fixed. 1.2 Ghz processor/ more RAM has taken care of this. )
    * To not have NECESSARY and routine battery pulls (Fixed. 1.2 Ghz processor/ more RAM has taken care of this. )
    * To be able to play streaming media as well as IOS/Android ( Fixed.Youtube experience is good. As good as IOS/Android ???)
    * To have a camera that is more than just a gimmick ( ???)
    * Actually able to handle the html portion of all emails and not truncated ( ???)

Last two questions not answered yet.

Even then I would suspect this is a must own blackberry as poor resolution display, low-powered processor, less memory, lags, battery pulls, browsing experience, streaming media experience were the main complaints against blackberry.

Blackberries are the best communication device.You throw in adequate multimedia capability and I see a major hit for RIM with OS 7 devices.
    07-15-11 09:58 PM

* Actually able to handle the html portion of all emails and not truncated ( ???)
    This will be fixed with BIS 4.1
    BlackBerry Internet Service 4.1 gets detailed | CrackBerry.com
    07-15-11 10:24 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD