I have made a list of the the common gripes against BlackBerries and hope that in 9900 it has been corrected.Here goes the list.

* Actually able to handle the html portion of all emails and not truncated
    * To be able to open a web page smoothly and fast most of the time,
    * To not stop every time one switches Apps,
    * To not take a day to reboot after NECESSARY battery pulls,
    * To not have NECESSARY and routine battery pulls
    * To have a camera that is more than just a gimmick
    * To be able to play streaming media as well as IOS/Android

I would think 1.2 Ghz processor and higher memory would fix all the above issues.

Would like 9900 users to please provide your feedback on above points based on your experience with the device.
    07-14-11 01:50 AM
    Have you spent any time reading the existing threads from people who own a 9900?

I would answer some of your questions but some of the others are not worth the effort as it sounds to me like you would be impossible to please! If you take some time, most of these answers are here for YOU to find.
    07-14-11 05:28 AM
    all smartphones require a battery pull or hard reset ocassionally. try leaving your computer on for weeks at a time, it will soon start to complain.
    07-14-11 06:15 AM
    Have you spent any time reading the existing threads from people who own a 9900?

I would answer some of your questions but some of the others are not worth the effort as it sounds to me like you would be impossible to please! If you take some time, most of these answers are here for YOU to find.
    I think he wants us to type everything for him because he is too lazy to see the many threads from the users who managed to get the 9900 earlier than the crowd!
    07-14-11 06:17 AM
    If the memory specs I read are true then this isn't that great of an improvement.
    07-14-11 09:08 AM
    Most of the OP's issues have already been fixed in OS6.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-11 10:31 AM
    I don't think the OP has used a device since OS4....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    07-14-11 10:52 AM
    OP, did you your device really take a day to reboot ? Or did I get that wrong?

07-14-11 12:28 PM
    I think the OP is p|ssed because he is only a month into a 2 year contract on a iPhone 3G
    lewisc1979 likes this.
    07-14-11 01:14 PM
    I'm sure he didn't mean an entire day to reboot (can't you sense the sarcasm? lol). I agree with most of his points. I would like to mainly see a faster, more compatible browser (although OS6's version is not too shabby!). Also, the HTML thing with the email is really annoying. It's always bothered me... Finally, the streaming media support will hopefully be better.
    07-14-11 02:01 PM
    Id like to add: to back up all app setting. Tired of entering all keys and configurations after numerous os updates. Ios does this just fine.
    07-14-11 02:29 PM
    Id like to add: to back up all app setting. Tired of entering all keys and configurations after numerous os updates. Ios does this just fine.
    This is already possible in current OSes, the issue is that the app has to be designed to do it. Plenty of apps offer backup of settings to the SD card with restoring.

If application registration is written to a persistent object, the developer has to use the synchronization apis in order to maintain the registered state across OS updates, otherwise the persistent object will be lost.

Also IOS apps are not registered the same way to begin with, so it's not as simple. You can sideload BB apps from anywhere and the most common registration method is pin-based registration codes. It's not exactly like there is just a single BB account to log in to that handles all your app registrations. The apps are not implemented that way.
    Last edited by papped; 07-14-11 at 03:18 PM.
    07-14-11 02:43 PM
    I hope the bold doesn't have a crocked trackpad, or the track peel as easy as the 9650

07-14-11 05:51 PM
    My 9900 trackpad is crocked and peeling already!

People will find the build quality of the 9900 to be quite different than past RIM devices. They did it right here and there will be few complaints.

People will always complain no mater how good it is.
    07-14-11 06:04 PM

People will find the build quality of the 9900 to be quite different than past RIM devices. They did it right here and there will be few complaints.

The same can be said about fanboys who will always defend something no matter how bad it is.
    07-14-11 06:22 PM
    Most of the OP's issues have already been fixed in OS6.

#2 on that list is definitely still a problem for BlackBerry. I'm running OS6 on my 9780 and web browsing remains horrible compared to my Android device. Absolutely pathetic.

Not sure... but I still think the 9900 will disappoint browsing the web. I say this until BlackBerry proves otherwise.
    07-14-11 07:09 PM
    Give an example of a "necessary" battery pull ....it's vague. Do you mean after a new app install?? Or what else?

07-14-11 08:25 PM
    It occured to me today while re-activating my 8703e to replace my Tour which just broke that the BlackBerry OS hasn't changed fundamentally since version 4.2 (which I am currently running). RIM has done a pretty good job of making it prettier and more intuitive, but the 'clunkyness' is a product of too many refurbishments. I have no idea what QNX will bring, but since they're starting from scratch, I presume they'll be able to tackle these problems and solve them once and for all.
    07-15-11 06:32 AM
    #2 on that list is definitely still a problem for BlackBerry. I'm running OS6 on my 9780 and web browsing remains horrible compared to my Android device. Absolutely pathetic.

Not sure... but I still think the 9900 will disappoint browsing the web. I say this until BlackBerry proves otherwise.
    If you are looking for the greatest Internet experience you are using the wrong device. There is no way that even the 9900 will compete with my SG2. If you are looking for a great all around phone, I choose to use my 9900.
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 07-15-11 at 05:26 PM.
    07-15-11 06:53 AM

I'm just saying if I'm paying that much money for a phone I expect the freaking trackpad not to be crocked or peeling

07-15-11 05:09 PM
    I'm just saying if I'm paying that much money for a phone I expect the freaking trackpad not to be crocked or peeling

I understand and RIM has had a LOT of hardware defects on it last few models.

The 9900 is a different animal. It is almost like it was made by a different company as it's build qulaity is so superior to any of the past devices that RIM has introduced.

Like Dawg said, "RIM got it right"!
    07-15-11 05:28 PM

crocked? please elaborate...
    07-15-11 05:35 PM
    It occured to me today while re-activating my 8703e to replace my Tour which just broke that the BlackBerry OS hasn't changed fundamentally since version 4.2 (which I am currently running). RIM has done a pretty good job of making it prettier and more intuitive, but the 'clunkyness' is a product of too many refurbishments. I have no idea what QNX will bring, but since they're starting from scratch, I presume they'll be able to tackle these problems and solve them once and for all.
    I just have this feeling that we will see essentially the same old BBOS style interface on QNX phones. First of all, we do not even know what QNX will do or behave in tiny handsets, except things would be fairly fluid, which probably stems from the higher speed of CPU and a bit of tweak of browser. No better than PB or any other excellent display of internet and graphics in iOS or Android.

When QNX is reduced to work in handsets, it might be just another mobile OS. And while QNX would be the core architecture, I anticipate that the U/I will be totally different, just piggy-backing on QNX, and essentially the same as the current OS, i.e., old style hierarchical layers of menu system (which I happen to like, if it is more streamlined). Like M$ Windows, BBOS is a bloated interface built up, modified, added and deleted over the years, running updates to the order of hundreds. I am not surprised if the first installed OS7 has already the version # in 100's.

Sorry if it sounds pessimistic but watching how RIM has behaving these days...

Conservatively speaking, I will be content with 9900 with OS7, assuming OS7 is somewhat better than OS6 in terms of stability and with some tweaking/streamlining to make it a bit modern.
    I am not too sure of the ability of the current RIM to adapt the otherwise excellent QNX into small handsets.
    Also, their inability to create native PIM S/W in PB (or at least taking an awful lot of time) might be telling something.

Fingers crossed on 9900
    07-15-11 05:45 PM
    If you are looking for the greatest Internet experience you are using the wrong device. There is no way that even the 9900 will compete with my SG2. If you are looking for a great all around phone, I choose to use my 9900.
    I agree; with the screen size of BlackBerry... they will never compete fully on internet experience.

However; the browser should render a page reasonably and be usable for light browsing. BlackBerry on OS6 does not deliver anywhere near acceptable performance. Frankly, it is an embarrassment to modern technology.
    07-15-11 06:14 PM
    I use opera mini 6.1 and have no problems with reading or speed of the browser. The native browser is slow and unreadable imo. So excited for the 9900 and 9810!

07-15-11 06:24 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD