I have my 9930 activated on my company's BES, which via IT policy sets a password requirement for device inactivity. With all of my previous devices, if I manually lock my phone via the button, I have to supply that password in order to unlock it.

With my 9930 it doesn't behave the same way. When I press the lock button, I simply have to press the lock button again to unlock it. How do I make it require the password like my older handhelds?
    02-27-12 11:21 AM
    Options/Security/Password. Check the enable box.
    02-27-12 11:51 AM
    If the BES admin has set a policy that requires password lock, you should have already been prompted to set the password. It sounds like there's no BES policy for this at this point. If that's the case, follow the above directions and you will then see a lock icon on the home screen. Pressing that icon or the "k" key will password lock the device.
    02-27-12 12:16 PM
    Just to clarify, my password lock is working. I think I realize what the issue is. On my Tour, I was using the side convenience key as a password lock, not the actual lock button. I don't think there is a way to force the lock button to work as a "password lock".

My Tour had a side convenience key AND a camera button, but unfortunately the Bold does not. So now I must chose if I want to keep the convenience button for camera or password lock. Sucks.
    02-27-12 01:09 PM
    Just to clarify, my password lock is working. I think I realize what the issue is. On my Tour, I was using the side convenience key as a password lock, not the actual lock button. I don't think there is a way to force the lock button to work as a "password lock".

My Tour had a side convenience key AND a camera button, but unfortunately the Bold does not. So now I must chose if I want to keep the convenience button for camera or password lock. Sucks.
    As FBA said, push your "k" key. It will active your password lock. Or set your "lock after" time to a lower number.
    02-27-12 01:20 PM
    As FBA said, push your "k" key. It will active your password lock. Or set your "lock after" time to a lower number.
    That only works if I disable universal search on the home screen, which I like to use. Oh well, can't have it all I guess.
    02-27-12 01:57 PM
    That only works if I disable universal search on the home screen, which I like to use. Oh well, can't have it all I guess.
    Well, you can disable universal search as I have and push the "S" key to open up universal search.

Just an option for you so you can then utilize all the hotkeys that are built in. I have a full list if interested.

Edit... here you go:

A - Address book (push and hold locks keypad)
    B - Browser
    C - Compose
    D - Memo
    G - Google Talk
    H - Help/search
    K - Lock device
    L - Calendar
    M - Mail
    N - BBM
    O - Options
    P - Calls
    Q - Change profile (push and hold)
    S - Universal Search
    T - Task
    U - Calculator
    V - View Saved Emails
    W - Weather
    X - Windows Live Messenger
    Y - Yahoo Messenger
    $ - speaker phone during active call
    Last edited by dustanh; 02-27-12 at 04:20 PM.
    02-27-12 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD