I have a 2007 Range Rover. I upgraded to OS6 on my 9650 but it woiuld not pair. Rolled back to OS5. Anyone tried to pair the 9930 with a Range Rover?
    08-30-11 09:08 AM
    No, not a range rover.

Pairs just fine with my 2011 Chevy though.
    08-30-11 09:14 AM
    Also works great with my 2011 Edge. The sound is much improved over my Tour(OS 5); my wife always said I sounded like I was standing next to a cappuccino machine.
    08-30-11 09:17 AM
    @odom41

So, funny thing... I had the EXACT SAME ISSUE w/ my 2007 Range Rover and BlackBerry 6, with both my Bold 9780 and Torch. I'd actually find I could occasionally pair with the Range Rover immediately after a battery pull, but it would only work one time. As soon as I left the cart and came back it wouldn't pair again. Completely unreliable.

GOOD NEWS: Bought a BlackBerry Bold 9900 and it's been working FLAWLESSLY. I'm not sure what RIM wrecked about the Bluetooth in BB6, but it appears to be fixed on BlackBerry 7 and my 9900, so I'm sure you should be good to go with a 9930 and your Range Rover.

I actually made note of this in CrackBerry's BlackBerry Bold 9900 Review. Skip down to the Bluetooth section.
    08-30-11 09:30 AM
    @odom41

So, funny thing... I had the EXACT SAME ISSUE w/ my 2007 Range Rover and BlackBerry 6, with both my Bold 9780 and Torch. I'd actually find I could occasionally pair with the Range Rover immediately after a battery pull, but it would only work one time. As soon as I left the cart and came back it wouldn't pair again. Completely unreliable.

GOOD NEWS: Bought a BlackBerry Bold 9900 and it's been working FLAWLESSLY. I'm not sure what RIM wrecked about the Bluetooth in BB6, but it appears to be fixed on BlackBerry 7 and my 9900, so I'm sure you should be good to go with a 9930 and your Range Rover.

I actually made note of this in CrackBerry's BlackBerry Bold 9900 Review. Skip down to the Bluetooth section.
    08-30-11 09:30 AM
    I've got an 06 so here goes to hoping it will work in mine!

My 9700 has worked flawlessly though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 09:42 AM
    @odom41

kevin double posts for more posts.

just 1 more to 2000 kevin!
    08-30-11 09:50 AM
    My wife has the RRS(Sport) and with her Torch pairs up most of the time, the odd time it doesn't, but very rare. She cannot pair her address book on the unit though. My Bold has no issues pairing with it so far but I've only driven it about a dozen times since the purchase and I did not sync my address book to it either cause I assumed it wouldn't work so I didn't try. I believe the unit is very similar to the full size HSE. I'll try doing the address book next time I take it out.
    08-30-11 10:15 AM
    With OS 6, I could only pair on OS 6.0.0.359

I no longer have my RR so I can't confirm if it works with OS 7 but I don't know why the RR was very sensitive as to which OS 6 would pair with it.
    08-30-11 10:19 AM
    I have an 09 RR and it pairs fine. I have the Verizon 9930.
    08-30-11 10:35 AM
    2011 RR, pairs fine with 9780, havent tried the 99xx.
    08-30-11 11:18 AM
    Bluetooth pairing is a can of worms. So many manufacturers add workarounds for the workarounds and bugs in their preferred phone (read: available as a manufacturer's extra) and that pulls the Bluetooth off specification for everyone else. The cure is a software upgrade to one or both sides, but finding the compatible version pair is a lottery in itself.
    Fearless Member likes this.
    08-30-11 11:23 AM
    @odom41

Same here with my computer..The BT just works flawlessly now!...
    08-30-11 11:24 AM
    Bluetooth pairing is a can of worms. So many manufacturers add workarounds for the workarounds and bugs in their preferred phone (read: available as a manufacturer's extra) and that pulls the Bluetooth off specification for everyone else. The cure is a software upgrade to one or both sides, but finding the compatible version pair is a lottery in itself.
    With OS 6, I could only connect to my Range Rover using OS 6.0.0.359

anything after that, it would simply either not connect or keep disconnecting randomly.

I dont know how it is on OS 7 as I sold my Range Rover
    08-30-11 11:24 AM
    Pairs and works beautifully with my 2010 RR Sport SC
    08-30-11 12:09 PM
    @odom41

I do have one annoying issue that I cant seem to sort no matter what I try. Although it pairs and works every time, I cannot hear voicemail in my '10 RR Bluetooth. I even select "send via Bluetooth" in menu while VM plays and nothing. I have to hear it on speaker or handset while RR BT is connected. We have 2 other cars and VM plays via BT no problem with same settings.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
    10-02-11 09:34 AM
    I own an Audi S5 with the MMI system. My bluetooth connection does NOT send the phonebook to the car's display. My Bold 9780 used to work perfect, but the 9900 is not. I played around with the bluetooth options of the phone and having "Contacts Transfer" set to "All" did not help anything as it was the default selection when I paired the phone anyways. I tried this with my brother's car that has the same system and it still did not work. I hope this is not a bluetooth hardware issue and it will be sorted out by software updates soon cause I really don't wanna send my phone to service and try to explain this issue to the service guy who will absolutely have no clue about what I'm saying...and probably take apart my phone and try to replace the bluetooth.

Buying the newest and most technological BB and having issues with bluetooth that I use daily in my car...which worked perfectly with 9780...is a real let down.
    10-11-11 05:20 PM
    I have a 06 and a sprint 9930 and it pairs just fine.
    10-11-11 05:48 PM
    You folks should buy BMW...these issues don't exist

10-11-11 07:51 PM
    I wish I had a Range Rover. I have the 9900... next step is obvious for me I think..
    10-11-11 09:04 PM
    Works well with my Jeep. Maybe try disabling the automatic door fasteners before pairing. LMFAO,,!!!!!

With the Auto-Start feature my car is warmed up or cooled off and my Berry is paired up before I plop my A$$ in the seat.

If your American, buy American, and if your not American,,,,,well,,,,,,,,buy American.

Last edited by olblueyez; 10-11-11 at 09:54 PM.
    10-11-11 09:45 PM
    maybe the problem is with the bluetooth in the '97 model RR. I had a 2008 and now have a 2011 RR and dont recall any issues with my BB's. (All the bold models, storm1 and Torch)
    10-12-11 01:48 AM
    Is it possible to ask the car dealer or RR what the latest firmware for the car is so that you can see if they have an update available for your car?

Also, would a Hybrid OS for the BB with an updated BT module be able to remedy the problem?

10-12-11 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD