12-02-11 09:34 PM
55 123
tools
    Picked up my 9900 yesterday and was suprised how difficult it was to put the Commuter on, compared to the one I had on my 9700. What technique do you guys think is the best way to install the case?

After putting on the silicone case, start by placing the top of the phone through the hard shell.

Then place the right side (volume and convenience key) into the holes and just push down.

To take it off easily, just pull the silicone away from the hard shell at the top left or bottom right corner.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shemaree09; 12-02-11 at 03:57 PM.
    12-02-11 02:27 PM
    Anyone have a bold 9000 pocket pouch that can test if it fits with the commuter on?? I don't wear my phone on my hips and hate when the keys are exposed...looking for a pocket pouch. Thanks!
    12-02-11 03:55 PM
    Anyone have a bold 9000 pocket pouch that can test if it fits with the commuter on?? I don't wear my phone on my hips and hate when the keys are exposed...looking for a pocket pouch. Thanks!
    No, don't even try it. I had a friend almost have to cut the pouch off his when he tried.

Commuter + OEM 9000 Koskin holster (w/belt clip, bottom-corner cutouts) = Good
    Commuter + OEM 9000 Pocket Pouch = BAD
    12-02-11 04:18 PM
    Lol thanks for the calculations!
    12-02-11 07:26 PM
    I have the commuter on my 9900. I find that the hard matte plastic parts of the case are very slick to my hands. Maybe because my skin is dry and not sticky like a Gecko. I don't know. But try laying the phone screen up, and picking it up by the sides between your thumb and two fingers, on the hard plastic. This to me is very slippery. If you lay the phone face down, and try the same thing, it's much more secure! This is because of the angle of the plastic...face up it's narrower at the top than the bottom. Face down, it's wider at the top and easier to grab. Just my two cents....
    There was a member who took an exacto knife and carved a bunch of designs on the back to solve the problem you describe. Looked pretty cool too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    rrrebo likes this.
    12-02-11 09:34 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD