For some reason, this case is slippery in my hands. I really love the case, I just can't grip it in my hands. Any suggestions from the current owners? Do you experience the same feeling? or did you do anything to fix this issue? Appreciate any input. thanks!
    11-08-11 12:53 PM
    for real? maybe you're not gripping it tight enough??? LoL

I go back and forth between the commuter case and 'naked' - and the case, by far, gives me more grip than the device alone...in fact, the buttons on the one side actually help provide a gripping point for me, in my experience.

back to joking - in baseball, they use pine tar to increase their 'grippage' on the bats...maybe that's an option.
    11-08-11 01:03 PM
    for real? maybe you're not gripping it tight enough??? LoL

I go back and forth between the commuter case and 'naked' - and the case, by far, gives me more grip than the device alone...in fact, the buttons on the one side actually help provide a gripping point for me, in my experience.

back to joking - in baseball, they use pine tar to increase their 'grippage' on the bats...maybe that's an option.

Haha. Thanks for the laugh. Yeah I use the side buttons as a way to grip it.
    11-08-11 01:05 PM
    Mine's a bit slippy but I have only dropped it once in 2 weeks (and the case means that's no problem for the 9900). I just received my Seidio clip holster which takes the 9900 in the Otterbox and protects the screen in my coat pocket
    11-08-11 01:17 PM
    I've been alternating between Naked + holster and the Ottberbox Commuter.

I think I really need to find this Seido Holster which everyone seems to be pairing with the 9900 Commuter. Does anyone have a product link handy?
    11-08-11 01:49 PM
    Does the Commuter case have the outer rubber layer? I have the Defender case and it is very slippery on the outer edges. I am glad it came with the belt clip, there is no way it slips out of that.
    11-08-11 01:53 PM
    I had the commuter, waiting for a new one to arrive in the mail because I broke it trying to get it off. I don't find it too bad.. The defender I had scratched the bejesus out of my phone, but good thing that phone got replaced under warranty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-11 02:10 PM
    Does the Commuter case have the outer rubber layer? I have the Defender case and it is very slippery on the outer edges. I am glad it came with the belt clip, there is no way it slips out of that.
    Well, there is rubber around the corners, but it is still pretty slippery. I also alternate between the Commuter case and it being naked.

I actually feel that the phone naked has more grip because of the rubber on the back. I have dropped my phone caseless...on concrete ... and it survived without a scratch
    11-08-11 04:09 PM
    I have had the commuter case on since the day I picked it up. The AT&T guy put in on for me. Have not used any other case and see no reason to do so. GREAT FEEL
    anon(73368) likes this.
    11-08-11 06:35 PM
    The first OB case I've had, have to say I really like it. Great feel not too bulky, Its a little slick but not enough for me to worry about.
    11-08-11 07:44 PM
    Its my favorite case by far.
    11-08-11 07:44 PM
    I went for 1 day with it off and it felt really vulnerable. Plus you can't lay it face down. Love the secure positive feel. I have had it on my 9930 since day one and have never come close to dropping it. I am definately leaving it on!

11-08-11 07:49 PM
    I have the commuter and do like it but I recently switched to the case mate tough case and I love it...great grip too.
    11-08-11 07:53 PM
    You guys have me unsure about the Defender. One of the reasons that I got it was because it had a holster and i really like the one on my PB.
    11-08-11 08:02 PM
    You guys have me unsure about the Defender. One of the reasons that I got it was because it had a holster and i really like the one on my PB.
    I've heard bad things about the defender for the 99xx...there is a thread on crackberry for it...it appears it scratches the frame.
    11-08-11 08:06 PM
    what holster works with the commuter?
    11-08-11 08:26 PM
    A bold 9000 koskin holster

11-08-11 10:34 PM
    Got my Commuter case on the 2nd day of my 9900. Does it purpose well. Grips tight on my hands too, I feel a lot safer with it.

Although I find it really hard to take it off once in a while, compared to the older Commuter I had for the 9780. Since I take off my case almost everyday and clean up my phone from dusts.

Also got an OEM Soft Shell case, and kept the Commuter just in case I needed more protection anytime.
    11-08-11 10:51 PM
    is it me or guys love this case but some women just think it is ugly and horrible?
    anyway i love this case.
    11-08-11 11:12 PM
    is it me or guys love this case but some women just think it is ugly and horrible?
    anyway i love this case.
    I use this case and I like it. It's black rubber with a black outer shell. Looks just fine to me. Not all of us need pink cases.
    11-09-11 03:54 AM
    anyway i love this case.

I like the case, but I feel it takes away from its sleekness.

With the case on, it looks like my old Blackberry.

I like my phone naked because you can still see the thinness and beautiful stainless steel around it.

I still bring my Commuter with me in case I feel like it needs to be protected for a while.

With my screen protector, the phone doesn't really seem like it can get scratched or scuffed. Especially with the rubber and carbon fiber on the back.

Sent using Tapatalk
    11-09-11 07:45 AM
    I use the Seidio clip spring holster with my OB Commuter
    11-09-11 07:57 AM
    Got my Commuter case on the 2nd day of my 9900. Does it purpose well. Grips tight on my hands too, I feel a lot safer with it.

Although I find it really hard to take it off once in a while, compared to the older Commuter I had for the 9780. Since I take off my case almost everyday and clean up my phone from dusts.

Also got an OEM Soft Shell case, and kept the Commuter just in case I needed more protection anytime.
    I haven't had any issues with my Commuter case at all. I do agree that it can be awfully tough to get it off and on, and I'm the same way where I clean my phone daily. I suppose the back of the case is a little slick, but nothing that I've noticed that would cause any issue.
    11-09-11 08:14 AM
    Cliro: The thread in question is here: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-phone-666273/

If your device was damaged by the Defender, please reply on that thread and contact Otterbox to report it. If you don't have the device anymore, I don't suppose you have pics you can post of the damage?

NOTE: The Commuter does NOT cause this damage; only the Defender does may.

On topic, I love my Commuter. I don't find it very slippery. The buttons and the exposed silicone corners help give it grip, and I'm sure that, as I found with my 9700 Commuter, the plastic back will, with time and use, lose its slick factory sheen as it gets worn by friction, skin oils and acids.
    Last edited by rrrebo; 11-09-11 at 08:23 AM.
    11-09-11 08:19 AM
    take an exacto knife or suitable sharpe object. and scribe your otter. I did this on previous models and have done it to my 9900 otter. Draw a picture, make a pattern do whatever. Over the course of an hour or so i have fully textured the plastic part of the case. No slip issues at all now and all custom.

can take pics if interested
    11-09-11 08:59 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD