I just purchase this phone from a guy and he said he had the same problem that overheats and the battery drainsout...if i take this phone to repair? You guys think it can be fix? Its never been wet and has a new battery!!!!! Please help!
    08-11-12 08:56 PM
    I just purchase this phone from a guy and he said he had the same problem that overheats and the battery drainsout...if i take this phone to repair? You guys think it can be fix? Its never been wet and has a new battery!!!!! Please help!
    besides the overheat and battery drainage, have you noticed any other problems?
    08-11-12 09:44 PM
    Adding to the above, what troubleshooting have you done?

Did you take the device as is and just start using it? Could be there is an app running all the time, and the heat is coming from the processor, and hence the battery drain.

If you didn't, it would be a good idea to do a security wipe and start from scratch. With each app you run, check the options and make sure the app is not set to run in the background when closed unless you need it to do so. Also, exit apps when you are done. Don't leave anything running unless you need to.
    08-11-12 10:40 PM
    Not at all, maybe if the phone is really hot for a long period of time, it starts himself automaticly
    08-11-12 11:00 PM
    The phone is already wiped out, and there are no running apps, and the heating starts from the sides of the phone thors the battery and it gets so hot that it could burn your hands, not that ugly but it heats a lot! Not normal!
    08-11-12 11:03 PM
    Is the battery a genuine BlackBerry battery and the correct model battery for that BlackBerry model?
    08-11-12 11:07 PM
    The real truth about overheating and battery drainage is the fact that there is limited 3G network in your area. Put the phone on 2G network only. You can still do most things with the 2G network

pls let me know how it is after putting it on 2G network for 10 minutes

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    08-12-12 01:40 AM
    wipe the phone and install the latest OS. Then check that the battery isn't defective.
    08-12-12 01:50 AM
    It is better to install Wireless carrier approved OS, and if doesn't belong to carrier try carphone, brightpoint, reddington firmwares...
    9900 is really different, for better performance you have to use your region/ carrier approved OS.
    i tried lot of new and fancy OS with this and that..
    but nothing beats to Vodafone .324 version and that's what i am using...
    08-12-12 03:44 AM
    If it is getting that warm, it may be difficult to install a new OS. Sounds like there might be a hardware problem.
    08-12-12 05:39 AM
    Try 7.1.0.523.

This OS runs several degrees cooler than any other produced to date.

If the phone still runs hot on this OS then I think that it is a hardware issue.
    08-12-12 05:46 AM
    if its a hardware issue you think is can be save?
    08-12-12 08:22 AM
    put the phone on 2G, I am sure your network provider has limited service where you are. Another idea, change the network if it is unlocked

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    08-12-12 08:45 AM
    its a factory unlocked phone!
    08-12-12 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD