11-02-11 09:26 PM
70 123
tools
    This is the foan Steve Jobs feared most.

It could destroy Apple if it wanted too.
    Eh?? Right. Watch out for flying pigs.
    11-01-11 01:25 PM
    The Bold is a "catch up" device in terms of specs and had a camera with inferior quality compared to other phones out there. OS7 had little change over OS6. List of apps was embarrasingly few.

The 9900 was my last Blackberry. I regret I had not discovered the Galaxy S2 before buying it. I am so relieved I was still able to sell the 9900 and am now so much happier with the S2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-11 01:33 PM
    Love it . Ive got the 9810 and i love it as well . My girlfriend has the 9900 and it is amazing to. The Battery could be a bit better but Im sure the next os update will solve that problem as it did on my 9810
    11-01-11 03:47 PM
    I wonder if the ATT 9900 coming out on the 6th will have any improvements over the current 9930 and TMO versions.
    Maybe this is why ATT took so long to release it, they wanted to work out some of the bugs?
    11-01-11 06:02 PM
    I absolutely love my device, the keyboard, touchscreen and quickness of the processor are great. Yeah it doesn't have a bunch of apps that I don't use anyways but it does everything I need and more. My phone helps me make money everyday like an iphone or android could never do.
    11-01-11 08:18 PM
    Super happy with my 9900. 10 on 10. Convinced my brother to get one too and he's loving it.
    11-01-11 09:22 PM
    Yea I love my bold. I thought the battery life was an issue in the beginning but I was just traumatized from my 9810. Hands down once I held the phone and started using it just for the first few text messages I fell in love with this device. Just the feel and it made me feel like I had a real blackberry again. The 9800 was great but the 9810 didn't do it for me and I was very disappointed till I got my 9900. I even cut my AT&T line to get it on tmobile because I just refuse to use a CDMA phone. But I've been so attached to it since day one. Haven't felt that way since I first used my 9700.

Great phone. Just a bit upset that AT&T now is going to release it and when I couldn't take the 9810 anymore I just jumped ship to tmobile. But I really don't have any complaints with tmobile service has been great.
    11-01-11 10:02 PM
    Love the phone 9/10...have had to restart it a few times already due to freezing..otherwise phone is great..found the perfect case to, silicone..very happy
    11-01-11 10:08 PM
    My 9900 is a lovely phone - love the keyboard, love the touchscreen ( & I never thought I would bother with it ) the battery is fine and lasts for a full day.

I have however been surprised at what is not good with my phone, the trackpad and touchscreen routinely freeze up on me, this started happening after about a month or so. The trackpad squeaks - it bugs me and it has not gotten better. Browsing is so painfully slow I just can't believe it. The wifi capability with my 9900 is very weak (not sure how else to describe it) it will pick up wifi and then drop it, pick it up again and drop it.

Pretty sad in my opinion, - I can use the phone but when you pay over $600 you expect the darn thing to work properly - at least I do.
    11-01-11 10:11 PM
    Longtime BB user and I couldn't be happier with the 9930. First and foremost I want a quality phone that integrates with corporate Exchange (mail, calendar, contacts) and is easy to type on (physical keyboard). Beyond that I want to have an LED-based notification system (BeBuzz), GPS/navigation (Google maps and VZ Navigator), check the weather (BeWeather), look up restaurants in the area (Poynt), listen to music (native player), and manage my fantasy football/baseball teams (native mobile browser is perfect). I cant say theres an app out there I'm missing or I wish I had. My 9930 is exactly what Im looking for.
    Daisy1960 likes this.
    11-01-11 10:25 PM
    I am 99.1% happy with my berry. Now if I could just get a few themes then I would be 100%
    11-02-11 04:04 PM
    Can't really answer that, as I doubt two people use their devices in exactly the same way, different carriers will have different tower/signal strength, etc...

Most say you should get at least one day from your device. Charge it until you leave in the morning(or whenever) and then use it like you would normally. Using a Battery app will help you locate where you drains are coming from and what app/services seem to be killing your battery. More than a few have bought a second battery, but honestly, unless you are a major user or do not charge your device at all during the day, I really don't see the need for it. Battery mngt is like a phone itself. It's all about preference. There are many tips for those that want to save juice, but how many apply or are feasible? That's up to you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Very Nice. You mention battery app. Which one do you use to detect where the drains are coming from?
    11-02-11 04:46 PM
    I went to go look at apartments at lunch.

12pm - left office 99%

2pm - back at office 78%

Pathetic.

People who beta tested this phone knew this for months.

This is why Kevin was never given one months before release.

RIM didn't want the GP to know that the phone is a fail sandwich.

RIM = fail.
    Last edited by lazerus; 11-02-11 at 04:59 PM.
    11-02-11 04:50 PM
    Very Nice. You mention battery app. Which one do you use to detect where the drains are coming from?

Some use BatteryEx, which you can get from app world. There is a free app called "My BB Bat" which is ok, but their paid app ($1.99 I think) includes graphs. Developer S4BB has a host of Battery and traffic apps available from app world as well.

11-02-11 04:56 PM
    Some use BatteryEx, which you can get from app world. There is a free app called "My BB Bat" which is ok, but their paid app ($1.99 I think) includes graphs. Developer S4BB has a host of Battery and traffic apps available from app world as well.

Which one do you use? I am trying to make sure I dont get any battery draining apps on my phone
    11-02-11 04:58 PM
    During the first week I had to go through 2 different 9900 due to manufacturing defects. This is my third phone and I had this for since the Bold was released in Canada minus two weeks. At first due to this bad experience, I thought that I will have a huge problem with this phone but since I like RIM keyboards, I stayed with RIM. Imaging this same situation happening to a new Blackberry user or even worst someone who just came back from iPhone or Android?

Having said that, It seems like even on Bold 9900 some applications lags and I get the processing clock on the screen. There is something wrong with the SIM recognizing the antena frequencies, according to Telus rep at BestBuy, causing the phone to issue "SIM card error". This is unacceptable considering I get that error almost every two days or so....

Also, I think the Bold 99xx has the highest rate of manufacturing defects that RIM ever had on their line of phones.

RIM still needs to weak up!

Am I satisfied? Yes because I have a larger keyboard than the Bold 9700 and there is no other company provide a great keyboard placement on a mobile phone than RIM.

But... RIM has failed in quality department. Look at even the specs for the camera? Going backwards RIM?
    11-02-11 05:04 PM
    Which one do you use? I am trying to make sure I dont get any battery draining apps on my phone

Don't use any. I know where my battery problems come from. I use a Network (actually 2) Mngt apps. My battery drains because of carrier/signal issues. You can go to app world and as long as the app is compatible with OS7, then it shouldn't drain your battery.

data77 likes this.
    11-02-11 05:05 PM
    Meterberry is one of the best tested apps for this in the market right now. I am sure that it will not drain your battery or memory because it is in use for a loooong time now.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 11-04-11 at 01:25 PM.
    data77 likes this.
    11-02-11 05:05 PM
    Love, love, love my phone! The keyboard is wonderful, the size and thickness of the phone is perfect, the hardware is truly beautiful, etc. etc......since I can't put themes on my 9930 I play around with different wallpaper. I usually take image shots of things that are sent to me or I use pictures I have taken. The color and resolution are great. I am one of those people who really really likes the BB OS. It just makes sense while android is too willy-nilly for me. I just LOVE this phone--best phone I've ever had!
    belfastdispatcher likes this.
    11-02-11 09:15 PM
    Mine is great so far. Had it a little over a month. The OS I awesome, compared to past. Rim should keep OS7 for phones and QNX for the tablets. Might get more programs this way. Had a few restarts on it's own the past week. Otherwise it's flawless.
    11-02-11 09:26 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD