Two thumbs up... had mine since day one (aug 9th) had one issue with JVM errors but got a replacement from Rogers.. since then it's been perfect!

i can deal with an extra 1 second to load a webpage.. it loads everything nicely..

battery life lasts me through a day no problem.. currently at 96% taken off the charger at 7:30am... given i haven't really done anything today.. just checked FB, twitter and a few emails.

and ever since i got NFC Tags working with NFCLauncher and Shortcut Me... i love it!!!
    10-31-11 09:16 AM
    I love mine. Great hardware and software.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-11 09:16 AM
    Love the device - best smartphone I've ever owned (the iPhone surfed the web better). This thing is a messaging beast.

I wish there were more apps, but that has nothing to do with the phone itself.

If Android had a decent keyboard, I might try it. But, overall, I am happy with it, and I will try and keep it for a while.
    10-31-11 09:17 AM
    I've had mine for about a month after coming back from Android and I couldn't be happier. Battery life if phenomenal compared to my DInc and the keyboard is the real winner here. I do miss some apps and I think the web browser was better in Android, but overall I don't regret my decision at all.
    10-31-11 09:19 AM
    I enjoy it for the first 10-12 hours of each day. By then my battery is low, memory has leaked down enough for the phone lag a lot, then I insert my second battery for the day, reboot, and, I'm happy again until I go to sleep.
    10-31-11 09:24 AM
    I enjoy it for the first 10-12 hours of each day. By then my battery is low, memory has leaked down enough for the phone lag a lot, then I insert my second battery for the day, reboot, and, I'm happy again until I go to sleep.
    hmmm how are some of you get memory leaks??

my memory stays the same.. i haven't completed a battery pull for over 2 weeks, and that was just to take out my memory card
    10-31-11 09:27 AM
    I have two questions

1. What should "good" battery life look like? What kind of hourly usage is considered to be good?

2. Can someone explain the remark about bad batteries and setting your battery up right? Haven't heard that...

Thanks.
    10-31-11 09:51 AM
    hmmm how are some of you get memory leaks??

my memory stays the same.. i haven't completed a battery pull for over 2 weeks, and that was just to take out my memory card
    Hmmm not sure how I are get a memory leaks, but it's certainly an undesirable trait and if I knew how I'd stop it.

The apps I have installed are:

Twitter
    Flixter
    Personal Guardian
    Wordpress
    BlackBerry Travel
    Kobo
    Bridge

A paltry serving of apps for such a phone I'm sure you'll agree.

I'm running Bundle 1948 software.
    10-31-11 10:00 AM
    I have two questions

1. What should "good" battery life look like? What kind of hourly usage is considered to be good?

2. Can someone explain the remark about bad batteries and setting your battery up right? Haven't heard that...

Thanks.

Can't really answer that, as I doubt two people use their devices in exactly the same way, different carriers will have different tower/signal strength, etc...

Most say you should get at least one day from your device. Charge it until you leave in the morning(or whenever) and then use it like you would normally. Using a Battery app will help you locate where you drains are coming from and what app/services seem to be killing your battery. More than a few have bought a second battery, but honestly, unless you are a major user or do not charge your device at all during the day, I really don't see the need for it. Battery mngt is like a phone itself. It's all about preference. There are many tips for those that want to save juice, but how many apply or are feasible? That's up to you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-31-11 10:06 AM
    I've had my 9930 since launch day on Sprint. I love Mine with a Passion. It's without a doubt the best for Me available. And I came from a WE (A Tank...miss it dearly) and then a Tour.

I'll be keeping this phone for a while.

10-31-11 10:33 AM
    The one thing I do miss is the large screen. I tried the Torch 9850, loved the large display. However the on screen keyboard was terrible to type on, my old Strom2 was more accurate.
    They keyboard is great; overall I'm happy with the quality. I just wish it was a little more polished. It's going from a large display to a smaller one, But in the end if you want a phone for communicating and taking care of the important things this is the ticket despite its downfalls. If you want a phone for entertainment and media then a full screen device is better.

In the end I found my kids were playing games and watching Netflix more on the iPhone4 than I was.
    10-31-11 06:37 PM
    My 9930 is definitely the best smartphone I've ever owned based on my needs and preferences. I would never suggest its the best phone for everyone, but I do think there are many people out there that would love it if they saw and used it.

Battery life could be better, but all in all a really great device.
    10-31-11 06:45 PM
    I love my phone.

I ask people all the time " Do you love your phone, like really love it?" And I haven't got a " Yes, I love it!" yet.
    What I get is "Not really." Or "It's ok."

Perhaps I should stop asking Android and iPhone users that question.

Not too many people can say that hey LOVE their phone, but we can and do.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-31-11 08:34 PM
    Two words: Love it!
    10-31-11 08:42 PM
    Are you all concerned that the missing apps, like Kindle, won't show up, because of loss of developer interest in BB?
    10-31-11 08:49 PM
    I've had a 8900 before I switched to an iPhone 4 last year but came back to a 9900. I came back knowing what to expect and I am very satisfied with this phone. This thing is a communicating BEAST! I am also a fan of the iPhone BUT I truly feel like I use the 9900 more like a phone. Although it does have some drawbacks, I just love the simplicity of it!

I will try to keep this phone as long as I can, but I'm the type who switches back and forth. Who knows what the iPhone 5 will look like...

10-31-11 10:36 PM
    short answer yes love my phone.only 1 small complaint battery could last longer .
    11-01-11 12:03 AM
    For someone who likes the BlackBerry way of getting things done, it is perfect.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-01-11 12:22 AM
    I've had a 8900 before I switched to an iPhone 4 last year but came back to a 9900. I came back knowing what to expect and I am very satisfied with this phone. This thing is a communicating BEAST! I am also a fan of the iPhone BUT I truly feel like I use the 9900 more like a phone. Although it does have some drawbacks, I just love the simplicity of it!

I will try to keep this phone as long as I can, but I'm the type who switches back and forth. Who knows what the iPhone 5 will look like...

I'm curious, a front facing camera would make the 9900 more of a beast, no?
    11-01-11 03:21 AM
    I'm curious, a front facing camera would make the 9900 more of a beast, no?
    Not as far as I'm concerned, it would be useless hardware on a phone. I already have a webcam on my new laptop that I bought a few months ago, I never used it. I had one on my old laptop too and I haven't used it more then 10 times in 3 years. Point is, if I do need video calling, I already have the capability, I don't need it in my phone as well.

11-01-11 03:39 AM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Absolutely LOVE the Bold 9900!!!

Fantastic ....
    11-01-11 03:45 AM
    Not as far as I'm concerned, it would be useless hardware on a phone. I already have a webcam on my new laptop that I bought a few months ago, I never used it. I had one on my old laptop too and I haven't used it more then 10 times in 3 years. Point is, if I do need video calling, I already have the capability, I don't need it in my phone as well.

But that's assuming that you carry your laptop around with your phone, whereas it is much more convenient having an app to open on your phone...

Personally I wish they did have a front facing camera, and a better camera in the back. It does seem like a feature RIM wishes to have according to their "Enterprising Minds" concept videos.
    11-01-11 04:18 AM
    Exactly..... when android introduces a solid phone with keyboard, I'll most likely be there.

At the moment, I can think of nothing that suits me better than a BB.

Androids suffer from bad signal reception (which is the biggest problem a phone can have) and terrible battery life. Of course, the slab glass design ends it for me, too.

Even if BB had to make the phone twice as thick to get it right (big battery, fast hardware, great camera) I would be a gleeful BB owner.
    andorid is a OS and not a manufacturer ;-)
    Samsung phone are just pieces of cheap plastic, you can bend the plasic with just squezing it a little in the hand.
    Almost like the inside of amercian cars
    At least it should be an HTC
    but i'm happy with my bold and will stick with it for a while
    11-01-11 11:56 AM
    But that's assuming that you carry your laptop around with your phone, whereas it is much more convenient having an app to open on your phone...

Personally I wish they did have a front facing camera, and a better camera in the back. It does seem like a feature RIM wishes to have according to their "Enterprising Minds" concept videos.
    But would you make a video call when you're out and about? You more likely need it when you're in the comfort and privacy of your home or office on wifi, and a laptop is much better at it, don't even have to hold it. Have you ever taken a video call walking down the street or at a coffee shop? I've only seen somebody once at starbucks and it was bloody annoying, she wasn't even using a headset.

11-01-11 12:17 PM
    This is the BlackBerry I have been waiting for. Keyboard is simply superb. I have had 0 issues with mine as well.

I can live with the battery draining quicker than past Bold models. As long as a phone can get me through the day without dying on me, I am happy.
    11-01-11 01:17 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD